Bring4th

Full Version: Goal of Spiritual Development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is compassion the ultimate goal of spiritual development?

Does this mean if someone mistreats us, we must get to where it doesn't phase us?

Maybe we feel anger, but we don't express it towards the other person.

Where we are kind to everyone.
Compassion doesn't mean letting people walk all over you because compassion needs to include the self. If you ask me it is more 'spiritually advanced' to accept and express the emotions you are experiencing as this will be an acceptance of catalyst.

It's not really a service to be kind if you are lying about your actual feelings. I don't think compassion is about being nice, it's about being willing to view things from the others' perspective and recognizing the validity of their experience even if its different from yours. I think compassion and acceptance go hand in hand.
The thing is, if we upset someone else who upsets us, we will experience what they felt in our Life Review after death.

The person in my life is always upset by me, even when I just am being and not doing anything.
They curse a lot around me, and it gets to me. But if I call them out on it, it will just make them madder,
and I'll experience their fury in the Life Review.

This person tells me that in the next life I'm going to be their slave because they are so upset by default with me.
I'm not sure one upset is different from another. If you've been upset by someone and they are upset, I believe you are sharing in an emotion. Thus, you are experiencing their upset and they yours every time it happens, no need for life review.

I don't think the life review is so invested. I think it's more like seeing a movie of your life in third person so you gain a completely objective view of all the life's contents. I don't think there is a need to vigorously experience all of the difficulties, that doesn't make sense to me. The whole point of incarnation is to experience the intensity. You are going through the intense, hard, painful feelings because you are here in a body where things are intensified. It seems completely redundant to me to have to re-experience everything all over again.

Remember, once you pass on, you will no longer perceive yourself strictly as the individual you are but instead you will also see how you as an individual were unifed with all the other individuals you interacted with.

Perhaps ask yourself, do you expect this person to be upset with you? If so, you may be adding to the energy. If you do not feel that way, I might then ask what you feel towards the fact that the person is upset?
They get angry a lot, and it rubs on me and eventually I'll call them out on it. Then I feel better, but they feel worse apparently.
(10-21-2015, 08:06 PM)dsIndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Is compassion the ultimate goal of spiritual development?

Does this mean if someone mistreats us, we must get to where it doesn't phase us?

Maybe we feel anger, but we don't express it towards the other person.

Where we are kind to everyone.

ENLIGHTENMENT -realizing All in All or 

[font=Fd176318-Identity-H]that existence is an inseparable whole, each one of us embracing the cosmos in its totality. This being true, it follows that we canon t attain genuine peace of mind merely by seeking our own salvation while remaining indifferent to the welfare of others. 

[/font]
(10-22-2015, 11:11 AM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]They get angry a lot, and it rubs on me and eventually I'll call them out on it. Then I feel better, but they feel worse apparently.

It's good for you to react the way you feel you should. We are supposed to be mirrors for each other. We want to always reflect love but if someone isn't responding to love, sometimes they need to know/hear what their actions are doing to others. She may feel worse because she feels guilty, or intensifies her actions to validate them more. If you act out of love, which I believe you do even when you get short with her, you can do no wrong, Gem.

I don't think a life review is to feel the emotions that you have caused others. That's karma. If karma gets too deep we reincarnate in another whole situation where we experience the intensity of emotions that way. But I think a lot of little/emotional karma happens in the moment, like Tanner said, and like you say - you are expressing similar emotions together, in the moment. It's a wash (on your end at least. She sounds like she might be digging herself into a bit more of place that needs self forgiveness)

But, again as Tanner said, it is your responsibility to act upon your emotions if you feel called to, and not push them down or ignore them. Even if things get heated, forgiveness is always a tool that is available.

Quote:Ra: In forgiveness lies the stoppage of the wheel of action, or what you call karma.

Quote:18.12 Questioner: You stated yesterday that forgiveness is the eradicator of karma. I am assuming that balanced forgiveness for the full eradication of karma would require forgiveness not only of other-selves but forgiveness of self. Am I correct?

Ra: I am Ra. You are correct. We will briefly expand upon this understanding in order to clarify.

Forgiveness of other-self is forgiveness of self. An understanding of this insists upon full forgiveness upon the conscious level of self and other-self, for they are one. A full forgiveness is thus impossible without the inclusion of self.

Quote:34.4 Questioner: Thank you. Would you define karma?

Ra: I am Ra. Our understanding of karma is that which may be called inertia. Those actions which are put into motion will continue using the ways of balancing until such time as the controlling or higher principle which you may liken unto your braking or stopping is invoked. This stoppage of the inertia of action may be called forgiveness. These two concepts are inseparable.
I thought the purpose of the Life Review was to feel what everyone in your life felt at every moment of your life. Including how you yourself felt at every moment.

But during the life review you see everything through the eyes of Love, so it's more profound. I don't think it's overpowering or overwhelming.