Bring4th

Full Version: Non Dual Teachings...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those who have studies Non Dual Teachings, and the Ra material...

How are they similar and different in your perspective?
Depends how much you're reading in to it and how you are comparing, as well as which non-dual teachings as there are many. I am most familiar with Taoism and Tibetan Dzogchen, as well as some understanding of the nature of Shiva whom I believe represents non-dual consciousness.

That being said, if I am looking at philosophy only then the similarities ultimate are precise. Despite all other surrounding concepts these teachings approach Unity in their own way. I think context of the times is important. If you took out the scientific language of the Ra Material and replaced them with deities, poetry and mythology I think you would find it to be no different than other ancient Mystery teachings.

Consider that first and foremost Ra professes to express to the best of their ability the Law of One. They also express that this one is clad in Mystery. They are thus teachers of the Great Mystery and so are a modern attempt to teach what has been taught by all Mystery Schools and Masters who have touched non-duality.

What is key to realize, in my mind, is to see that it is just a contemporary context. I cannot imagine that when Ra made contact with Akhenaten that they made use of English or discussed the planet Venus scientifically, perhaps, but that is likely 'transient' information in their opinion.

I think, personally, I find it best to read everything and then digest the words in to my own content. All of the non-dual teachings and systems have taught me that I am the Creator. So I know that no system will ever be 'my' system except the one that exists within me. That has been a most valuable teaching the Ra Material has offered.
(10-23-2015, 11:19 PM)neo0555 Wrote: [ -> ]For those who have studies Non Dual Teachings, and the Ra material...

How are they similar and different in your perspective?

I find it highly congruent with nondual teachings. I'm at a loss to explain how it is different due to that fact.

All is one. That is the essence of nonduality. And in the end, all becomes impersonal absolute awareness (before creation begins again, however Ra points out the unimaginable timelessness that "precedes" this).

I like the part where Ra talks about their being no difference between potential and actual in intelligent infinity. That was a delightfully non-dual statement by Ra.

Have you studied many non-dual teachings?