Bring4th

Full Version: Ra on creating your own reality.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:2.12 Questioner: In the last session you said, “the self, if conscious to a great enough extent of the workings of the catalyst of fasting, and the techniques of programming, may through concentration of the will and the faculty of faith alone cause reprogramming without the analogy of fasting, diet, or other analogous body complex disciplines.” What are the techniques of programming which the higher self uses to ensure that the desired lessons are learned or attempted by the third-density self in our third-density incarnational laboratory?

Ra: I am Ra. There is but one technique for this growing or nurturing of will and faith, and that is the focusing of the attention. The attention span of those you call children is considered short. The spiritual attention span of most of your peoples is that of the child. Thus it is a matter of wishing to become able to collect one’s attention and hold it upon the desired programming.

This, when continued, strengthens the will. The entire activity can only occur when there exists faith that an outcome of this discipline is possible.

42.13 Questioner: Can you mention some exercises for helping to increase the attention span?
Ra: I am Ra. Such exercises are common among the many mystical traditions of your entities. The visualization of a shape and color which is of personal inspirational quality to the meditator is the heart of what you would call the religious aspects of this sort of visualization.

The visualization of simple shapes and colors which have no innate inspirational quality to the entity form the basis for what you may call your magical traditions.

Whether you image the rose or the circle is not important. However, it is suggested that one or the other path towards visualization be chosen in order to exercise this faculty. This is due to the careful arrangement of shapes and colors which have been described as visualizations by those steeped in the magical tradition.

If one can concentrate the will enough through meditation practice it will allow for the reprogramming of catalyst or a desired experience to be had.
I agree, but I think there is one other ingredient that is needed besides concentration and desire and that is faith. As you highlighted in the quote, there is a need for a certain faith that what you are doing WILL work. That is, you can't just 'hope' it will work, you have to 'know' it will work. This, I think, is why science and magic most often come in to conflict in philosophy because science assumes not knowing apriori, but magic insists that the effect is produced by focus upon the possibility of knowing. I think the most successful scientific discoveries are made by individuals who in some sense believe that it is possible for them to find something significant. This can be either conscious or unconscious though, so I don't think every one would be doing so intentionally.
I've given 100's of hours of focusing on desired reality, but I must be doing it wrong.

Though I don't know if it's made a difference on the timeline I'm on.
(10-24-2015, 07:11 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I've given 100's of hours of focusing on desired reality, but I must be doing it wrong.

Sometimes one is not yet aware of his true desires.

Also in my understanding of timelines, you could have an awareness of yourself that did experience your desired reality. Yet at the same time there needs to be an awareness that continues this reality with the rest of us.
(10-24-2015, 07:11 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I've given 100's of hours of focusing on desired reality, but I must be doing it wrong.

How many hours have you spent taking practical actions on your dreams? No matter how small the act, you must take physical action in this world.

Have you ever tried to get a river to turn and run in the opposite direction?  That would be crazy, right?  And why?

Because the river already has a very strong current of momentum going, and any attempt to completely reverse it would probably be an exercise in futility.

It is much easier to dig a ditch that branches off from that river, and then, not before too long, that ditch becomes a brook, and more dirt erodes away, and then before too long it becomes a creek, then eventually a bigger stream of water, and finally, it becomes a mighty river, with its own momentum.

Have you ever had the same dream twice?  I have.  I've experienced dream locales that seemed consistent in nature.  The physical reality we live in is just a collective dream we are all having.  It seems real, because we consistently return to it.  But when you go to sleep at night, you withdraw from this world.  Many people forget it in the morning, but it doesn't have to be this way.

We take a vacation from this reality every night. We both visit and create others rivers, so to speak. Sometimes we visit the ocean that all rivers derive from.
If we withdraw from the physical during sleep, why do people hooked up to EEG machines show brain activity in REM due to dreaming?
(11-03-2015, 03:35 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]If we withdraw from the physical during sleep, why do people hooked up to EEG machines show brain activity in REM due to dreaming?

Because while physically incarnate, the physical world is still your "primary focus".  And you are still linked to your body magnetically.  You actually never are "in a body" so to speak.  Location is an illusion of the mind, it is almost like your spirit is tuning into some kind of virtual reality interface that allows it to interact with the physical world.  Where you focus is where you are.  When you die, your primary focus switches to whatever is natural for your soul pattern, and that becomes the "home base" so to speak.  Otherwise, you might go to sleep and then never come back.  Some astral projectors call it the "silver cord".  The brain is a transmitting and receiving mechanism.

Dreams also occur in non REM sleep. I believe Ra described REM as something akin to the download to the physical brain from time/space.  
Does it take a lot of magnetic force to hold the spirit in the physical body during incarnation?

Oh, you said we're not really in a body.

Is my primary focus magnetically attached to us just as our body?
(11-03-2015, 04:39 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Does it take a lot of magnetic force to hold the spirit in the physical body during incarnation?

Oh, you said we're not really in a body.

Is my primary focus magnetically attached to us just as our body?

Those were the best words I had to describe it in the moment, but it was less than literal.

Your higher self tends to "where" your focus is "anchored".  When you agree to an incarnation, it maintains your physical body as the "contractual primary focus" for the duration of your incarnation.  When the agreed upon time is expired, that anchor is removed. I would have no way of quantifying the force that keeps you anchored, so I won't try.

And when I say you are "not really in a body", I was pointing to how "location" is all perceptual, an illusion created by the senses.  It is, however, very convincing.  And even when you astral project and it feels like you "left your body", it remains a convincing perceptual illusion.  And if you get too close to your physical body during an astral projection (10 - 15 feet), it will tend to suck you back in (again, that is how it feels, not how it is).  Some astral projectors call it the "cord activity range".  It feels very magnetic in nature.
Yeah, my chakras sometimes feel magnetic.