Bring4th

Full Version: A different approach to schizophrenia/hearing voices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...treating them as part of self that is expressing emotions that have not been dealt with

TED talk transcript
A voice randomly told me to kill my dog to save the Universe. What kind of emotion is it that I wasn't expressing?
(10-24-2015, 04:45 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]A voice randomly told me to kill my dog to save the Universe. What kind of emotion is it that I wasn't expressing?

As an outsider Gem I can personally relate to your voices (my fiancee has similar experiences).

The voices are literally telling you to destroy what you love the most? Metaphorically they are saying something quite different. They are pointing to an underlying emotion that needs blessing and acceptance. 

What I mean to suggest is that the mood you are in plays a key role in the emotional context of what you hear. The voices you hear are like a gift to me because they act like an internal mirror, or an inner type of catalyst that responds to your own subconscious.

As I have said to my fiancee before, I wish I could hear them too!
(10-24-2015, 04:45 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]A voice randomly told me to kill my dog to save the Universe. What kind of emotion is it that I wasn't expressing?

Ultimately that's up to you to figure out.  As a possibility, a desire for power and control in your life?  The dog is powerless next to you and a safe target.  Saving the Universe may represent the wish to accomplish something big with your life, or the sense of lack of fulfillment with what you've achieved so far.  just guesses.
What voices I hear are my own, its when something beautiful and wise is thought that I don't attribute my own self to the creation of such thoughts.

There's a reason I don't think I'm schizophrenic.  What I hear is closer to disassociation from myself as myself as if I were someone else.

I've never heard a bad thought I didn't understand to be my own.  I've heard many incredibly thoughtful loving thoughts I never thought I'd have though.  I attribute them to guide related.

Would that mean I need to deal with my positive emotions more?
Just to toss in a little more fuel for discussion, the phenomenon of 'hearing voices' seems to be strongly influenced by local culture.  In a study last year, they found that Americans diagnosed with schizophrenia overwhelmingly reported negative voices, but in other areas -like Africa and Asia- the voices were more likely to be described as positive.
(10-30-2015, 03:01 AM)APeacefulWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]Just to toss in a little more fuel for discussion, the phenomenon of 'hearing voices' seems to be strongly influenced by local culture.  In a study last year, they found that Americans diagnosed with schizophrenia overwhelmingly reported negative voices, but in other areas -like Africa and Asia- the voices were more likely to be described as positive.

Yes I agree. This exceptional lady, Eleanor who performed the TED talk gives an insight into this by explaining how she quickly deteriorated after telling her friend. "Now, it was then that I made a fatal mistake, in that I told a friend about the voice, and she was horrified. A subtle conditioning process had begun, the implication that normal people don't hear voices and the fact that I did, meant that something was very seriously wrong. Such fear and mistrust was infectious." (2.21 mins)

I will repeat that final statement from Eleanor with APeacefulWarriors quote in mind. "Such fear and mistrust was infectious."

Now, metaphysically speaking I would like to bring in a couple of Ra quotes here that may add some insight into how our local culture or environment plays an important role with regards to the "infectious" influences that Eleanor is attempting to address.  

2.6 - “Rejoice then and purify this place in the Law of One. Let no thought-form enter the circle we have walked about this instrument, for the Law is One.”

The context surrounding this quote is Ra's guidance in relation to the cleansing of Don, Carla, and Jims environment of thought forms that might desire to subvert or sabotage the work that they are undertaking.
Negative thought forms are fuelled by fear and so they will understandably gravitate towards an environment that is rich in unintended actions. By that I mean unconscious or impulsive patterns of behaviour that emit a type of emotional naivety. So thought forms can act as obstructions to the natural pursuit to the understanding of things, and therefore the acceptance of things. The troubles and strife I feel lies not in this pursuit as such, which I think is quite apt and necessary, rather it is the expectations placed upon the outcomes. That go something like "I can, with a whole heart accept this situation, so long as I can understand it". And so the strands of logic that entwine, combine, organise, and seemingly, "develop" our cultural environments, becomes the very rope that slowly restricts us. Our very pursuit is laced with fortuitous uncertainty, emotionally speaking. If science were the husband here, we have neglected to consult his wife.

16.39 - "Understanding is not of this density."

Faith is her name. She accepts those that do not understand her, and understands that those that have yet to accept her, are too preoccupied with her husband Will.

40.15 - "Thank you. A very important concept. Does the fact that basic vibration that we experience now is green true color, or fourth density, account for the fact that there are many mental effects upon material objects that are now observable for the first time in a mass way like the bending of metal by mind?

Ra: I am Ra. This shall be the final query in total of this working. This is not only correct but we suggest you take this concept further and understand the great number of entities with the so-called mental diseases being due to the effect of this green-ray true color upon the mental configurations of those unready mentally to face the self for the first time."

True colour green is the metaphysical signature of unconditional acceptance. And in my view, Faith's wordless feelings need to be listened to. She will not grab our attention so we need to grab hers!

Eleanor's final comments...

"Don't tell me what other people have told you about yourself, tell me about you."

Eleanor is a shining example of going from "unready", to readying herself. And that doctor grabbed her attention!
I once thought I had schizophrenia, turns out I had a childe I didn't know about, that was fun.

When you think you have ghost voices, remember to check your cupboards and closest for people who are hiding from you.
(10-31-2015, 03:56 PM)Bourbon Betty Wrote: [ -> ]I once thought I had schizophrenia, turns out I had a childe I didn't know about, that was fun.

When you think you have ghost voices, remember to check your cupboards and closest for people who are hiding from you.

Every now and then I really wish I could just quit the typing attempt to help my fellow members and just wrap my arms around them.

I really wish I could hug you BB, and let each others tears, soak each others shirts.

I sincerely hug you here and now  Heart