Bring4th

Full Version: SMIIILLEE :D (meditation results)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had an insight, or maybe some oversight kicked in?

I dont know how or why I thought it, but these are the types of thoughts I'm okay with.  I noticed my thoughts have...Roots, a place that causes them to exist and begin then end for me.  Memories, feelings.  Odd complexly lumped together ways my mind-brain works.  (Mind-brain is totally a thing by the way Wink )

But i was meditating.  Or trying to sitting in front of my store's door where there's a no parking space area, waiting for customers and staring at the word, SELF, on one of the gas pumps between the numbers 5 and 6.

And I was trying to just silence my mind the way you 'be' a color, by just focusing on being silent.

And some thoughts came, I watched cars drive by.  Nothing happened long enough for me to relax.  Then I...noticed how shiny pumps were.  Very silvery and reflective.  It made me feel somewhat dull, which was sad and I noticed and then this thought just out of nowhere pops up:

Smiling makes you invite happiness to fill you, there's no force involved towards self if i choose to do it.

So I smiled, and it wasn't  particularly genuine, felt more snarly at first.  But relaxed out.  And I tried to go back to meditating with decent results!

Mind you this was all sober.  I don't smoke on the job, that's just irresponsible...   :exclamation: (at least in my mind, some past coworkers disagree.)

When smiling everything starts ro relax.  I felt like I had invited myself to feel happy just because I wanted to be happy.
It was a, quick lesson learned, be how you want to be, smiling is easy, so much it hurts.   Frowning is hard but so painless after so long.

So, Smile! When you meditate next time, and let me know your results!

Also comments are welcome along with thoughts!

Side question: Does anyone ever find themselves smiling in meditation randomly or logically?
I smile in meditation when I connect mentally with someone/something mainly.

On shrooms it came to me that humans don't laugh nearly enough (including me), it is very ullifting and freeing to laugh without any resistance. Then the universe seems to give you reasons to laugh more and more.
When I went to like this post, it told me I had already liked it, which wasn't true but accurate enough. Good work, TTP!

I'm one of those people who always has had a perma grin on her face (trait of Aquarius ascendant) whether I'm exuberant or not, but I will incorporate a smiling session into my meditation this afternoon and let you know how it goes. The power of a smile is a big deal!
(10-28-2015, 10:39 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]Side question: Does anyone ever find themselves smiling in meditation randomly or logically?

During particularly deep meditation, there have been times when I felt so much love/bliss I felt a big uncontrollable smile spread across my face.  The first few times it was unexpected and I found it amusing enough that I started to laugh too, which kind of broke my concentration to say the least.
I tend to think that cultivating joyfulness may be one of the most holistic of services, specifically because it's service-to-self AND service-to-others simultaneously and in fairly equal measure. Joy is a radiant emotion. When you're so filled with the universal Love\Light that you can't help but smile, I believe that means you are basically broadcasting the higher-density energies which Ra refers to as being one of a Wanderer's primary services. A person who is joyful spreads joy to all but the most devoutly negative.

At the same time, it's deeply fulfilling on a personal level and -at least in my own practices- is a great way of connecting with one's higher-selves, especially at the 4D level, who love spreading\sharing joy with others.

To me, it's one of the truest ways of glimpsing the pure Love of the Creator.
It takes a lot fewer muscles to smile than it does to frown but the catch is that you have to give in to what makes you smile. A real smile can't be 'forced', it is spontaneous.
When I fake smile it doesn't make me feel happy & like genuinely smiling...it makes me feel like a creep.

For me the best way to make myself smile (when meditating) is to think of things (memories/thoughts/people) that rarely fail to make me smile. So, in this way, I can force the genuine smile/happiness but I prefer to let it surface on its own, spontaneously, whenever it wants.

As a side note, I love interacting with people that tend to not smile much bc I find making them smile is especially rewarding.
Isis... You would enjoy hanging out with me then.  Wink
You sure you don't just wanna spend some time with the goddess of love? -Nudge nudge- Wink

Jaaaade, tell me yer resuuuults BigSmile
OK, sorry, I just can't resist...

BigSmile
The theory of my results is that the smile helps pull the heart energy into the blue-ray to help co-create, projecting it outwards. Smiling in meditation just makes me feel a bit more energy in those chakras. Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm best for the "what happens when you smile during meditation" experiments because again, I'm a walking smiley face. I'm familiar with how much power making eye contact with someone and giving them a warm smile is worth. I wanna see experiences from people who aren't smilers!