Bring4th

Full Version: Mystery school.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking earlier today about the idea of a mystery school based on the Law of One and how it might work, i think there might have been a thread a while ago talking about something along the same lines but i thought i would make a new thread as i feel it has some merit.

I got the ideal of a daily practice such as an affirmation prayer, a chakra balancing meditation, a general meditation and an archetypal tarot contemplation and visulization . along with a daily reading of the the Law of One material while contemplating the meaning of the passage, as well as the general exercises for balancing given by Ra would make a failry adept daily spiritual practice. Then to record the progress and details into a journal. 

In relation to the archetypes i got a clear idea how one could practice that learning/teaching. I thought at first one would read over the general understandings of the archetype, then contemplate the understandings and then do a visualization of the card. The final practice would be to visualize the self as if one was the card, becoming the archetype at will.
The school could be perhaps based on initiation of the mind then body and spirit, or simply through the 7 energy centers. Reaching a state of adepthood as one reachs the green ray energy.

I even got the idea of how a room could be set up or a temple. How it would have the black and white floor to repersent duality and how a room could be set up to repersent an archetype and so on. Perhaps that all sounds a little over the top or intense but i think it has some interest in it.
The Archetypes would have to be the Mystery portion of the school, its well not to attempt being them if you're not able to move into an Openheart easily.

I think a subforum with sub forums would work on the forum to create a forum based school...

But the nontransparent nature doesn't feel proper.
But the dangerous misuse of the Archetypes might warrant such a precaution...

Its ultimately up to the admins if they want to flesh out a portion of their server to a mystery school sub forum and sub-sub forums or make a new forum (Mystery School) with a sub forum (Initiates) and another (adepts) to provide one for general learning and another for advanced more caution needed material.

I believe B4 can accommodate and the experimentation with might attract more people to partake as even the study group fb page doesn't actually study the material, just peruses about it similar to this forum.  Adding a forum designed to 'Teach/Learn the Law of One and its subsequent Metaphysical Systems' in place of the discussion based Strictly LOO forum might help...

The problem is who's the Head of the School?  Who decides when one is ready for advanced work?  Who is fit to judge an adept?

Also, who develops the curriculum?  Who feels they're fit to 'Teach/learn' the LOO Ra Material?  Its somewhat subjective so we'd need a very open and flexible instructor(s).

In fact open and flexible might be the biggest attributes needed for any type of LOO School.
I think Matt means a mystery school in the physical environment
Yeah but can anyone afford that? Will students line up outside a lightly furnished building from miles away?

I'd love a real school, with dorms!

But I don't know if that's plausible o:
Any sort of school environment would pretty much require control systems of the sort that are all too easily abused, and/or start taking on cult-like aspects. It wouldn't be teaching the Law of One, it would be codifying one specific interpretation of it. And given that Ra and Quo and numerous other channeled sources have said "Ignore anything I say that doesn't strike you as true," in one way or another, that makes any kind of curriculum development almost impossible without having serious Free Will issues.

I think the best way of studying the LOO is pretty much exactly like it's been studied: in small ad-hoc groups without imposed structure. Anything more formalized than that would just start taking away from the students' right to interpret, study, and practice the LOO in the way that fits them personally.
(10-31-2015, 01:19 AM)APeacefulWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]I think the best way of studying the LOO is pretty much exactly like it's been studied: in small ad-hoc groups without imposed structure.  Anything more formalized than that would just start taking away from the students' right to interpret, study, and practice the LOO in the way that fits them personally.

People wouldn't be forced to attend the mystery school.
(10-31-2015, 02:49 AM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]People wouldn't be forced to attend the mystery school.

Well, of course not. But that doesn't dispute what I said. ANY formalized school structure, by its very nature, places limitations on the students and enforces one particular pedagogy above others. Even totally 'open' Sudbury-style schools are somewhat susceptible to this. The school proposed would be incredibly hard to reconcile with the tenets of the Law of One, which outright encourages people to form their own opinions and interpretations of it.

A school like what was outlined, with set classes on tarot and meditation and such, wouldn't be teaching the LOO. It'd be teaching Ra-ism, and that would be a major distortion of his message.
And there hasn't been a 'study' on this Material on this forum for a while. More discussions. There hasnt been a search for discovering incorrect info or spotty moments inthe contact.

A school of any sort would benefit the material in this moment.

Further more a school is not my way/high way, it can be an open flexible environment where two students can take away Completely different meanings from the same passage and not be no more wrong than an other who is right.

Societal schools should not be the mental thought you invoke when thinking of a spirituality school or mystery school in my opinion.
TTP, have you read Book 5? A lot of the "spotty" material is covered with the added words of Carla and Jim. Otherwise, I'm not sure what you mean.