Bring4th

Full Version: Some interesting video of our galactic Logos.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if this has been shared already (apologies if it is), but it is a half hour of high definition footage of the sun.  It's really beautiful.

We watched a few minutes of it last night after we saw it on Facebook. Absolutely amazing how detailed and clear the video is. I could just sit and stair at it all day.
That. is. amazing.

I've taken a bunch of screenshots of live video feed from the ISS, both in the sense of taking a picture, and to use as desktop backgrounds. I just did the same with this video.

Absolutely incredible to think that we're seeing the outwardly visible (visible to our instrumentation) form of our local creator - the designer of the planet, architect of the blueprint of our minds, our chemical vehicles, our basic catalyst, and the source of biological life, around whose powerful gravity Earth is inescapably bound.

Shame that the video cannot convey the scale of the sun relative to the Earth and other planets. Though even the best diagrams can only give a wondrous hint of how truly enormous the sun body is relative to its solar system.

I enjoyed seeing all the detailed movements of (electromagnetic?) activity happening on the surface, and the bright prominences and explosive arcs of of light.

Thanks for sharing.
(11-04-2015, 11:03 AM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]Shame that the video cannot convey the scale of the sun relative to the Earth and other planets.
Wow, the Sun to VY Canis Majoris seems even bigger ratio than Earth to the Sun.
Thank you, facettes, for sharing that. Size and distance are so difficult to wrap the mind around when you begin zooming back from this planet, especially, as IGW was indicating, when you consider that our sun is a marble relative to other stars.

If one of those prominences stretched near to the Earth, the half of the planet facing the sun would see a sky of only burning fire and light.

Presuming the arc didn't first burn the atmosphere away or explode the planet. Smile
Just rediscovered this "tediously accurate scale of the solar system." It does a good job of opening the mind to the incomprehensible vastness of space.

http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixe...ystem.html
thanks for sharing. Love the music too.
NASA Solar Probe Will Literally Touch The Sun

The results might be interesting...

-`ღ´-
I hope a 6D entity smiles at it for all 3D Earth to see.
Imagine our faces! There's Life...IN THE SUN???!
Quote:I hope a 6D entity smiles at it for all 3D Earth to see.
Imagine our faces!  There's Life...IN THE SUN???!

BigSmile