Bring4th

Full Version: Interesting mediation experiences either during or after
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I had an interesting experience a little bit ago. I was driving home and I found this artist on Pandora called Niyaz which is like a new age middle eastern music and really cool. Anyways,  I got lost in the music and watching the clouds as I drove home. During this time,  I got this intense urge to meditate so I did once I got home. 

It wasn't too crazy until the end when I really concentrated and I was sent spinning like I've never spun before. I suddenly opened my eyes and I could barely see as my eyes were crossed and it took me a good 30 seconds to start to see straight. 

So after having a crazy intense whirlwind of a meditation,  I go outside for a cig. As I'm standing there,  I hear the one really fluffy wild cat coming down from the tree in the back. He gets down,  scratches a bit  and starts walking across the yard. I kneel down and try to call him thinking it's never gonna work as this is the one cat that has never come up to me. I keep squatting and rubbing my fingers together and he's walking around the yard then turns towards me. At this point I'm getting nervous thinking he's not actually gonna walk up to me then he just keeps coming right up to me and allowed me to pet him for a good 10 minutes just rolling around on the ground. It was quite the experience for sure 

Any others have interesting stories as of late? 
(11-05-2015, 07:27 PM)Jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]So I had an interesting experience a little bit ago. I was driving home and I found this artist on Pandora called Niyaz which is like a new age middle eastern music and really cool. Anyways,  I got lost in the music and watching the clouds as I drove home. During this time,  I got this intense urge to meditate so I did once I got home. 

It wasn't too crazy until the end when I really concentrated and I was sent spinning like I've never spun before. I suddenly opened my eyes and I could barely see as my eyes were crossed and it took me a good 30 seconds to start to see straight. 

So after having a crazy intense whirlwind of a meditation,  I go outside for a cig. As I'm standing there,  I hear the one really fluffy wild cat coming down from the tree in the back. He gets down,  scratches a bit  and starts walking across the yard. I kneel down and try to call him thinking it's never gonna work as this is the one cat that has never come up to me. I keep squatting and rubbing my fingers together and he's walking around the yard then turns towards me. At this point I'm getting nervous thinking he's not actually gonna walk up to me then he just keeps coming right up to me and allowed me to pet him for a good 10 minutes just rolling around on the ground. It was quite the experience for sure 

Any others have interesting stories as of late? 

Yes actually, and thanks Jeremy for sharing your story.

Early September just gone and I received enough gift money for my birthday to take my fiancee on a weekend getaway to a rural location. It was a spur of the moment thing as we had not had a holiday together this year, so I decided on a thatch cottage style inn/hotel. After checking in to the hotel section we went into the inn and ordered some lunch, and while we were waiting I noticed a black cat in the public garden. I asked the waitress if the cat belonged to the inn and she replied that it belonged to a nearby farm. She noted however that the cat (and his black sister) usually stayed within the inn grounds. As I was waiting for our meal I went into the garden (pint in hand) to have a cigarette and attempt to befriend this cat. He was extremely friendly (which didn't surprise me given the location) and jumped onto my lap and took full advantage of my willing attention.

What really made my weekend was what happened as I went back inside to eat. A family were seated right by the entrance to the garden (like an open plan conservatory) and a mum said to her toddler "shall we go and stroke the cat?" It was as if my own affectionate moments with the cat had inspired her. Conscious of this possibility I said to her "He is very friendly", yet I was greeted with a suspicious look. As I tucked into my late lunch I continually watched her child of 2-3 years old attempt to stroke this cat as it rubbed itself up against his legs. I am convinced that there is a metaphysical transfer that goes on in these interchanges. It's so innocent and subtle, yet it totally made my weekend away.

As we left Sunday morning I saw him again in the car park and gave out my own cat meow (the way I communicate with my cat at home), before getting into my car. He rolled over on his back and lapped up another 5 minutes of my affectionate belly strokes. It actually brought a tear to my eye as I realised I would never see him again, but also feeling reassured that I had reimbursed him somewhat, to continue this subtle service.

We spent the most part of that weekend in Cambridge City centre (an historical English City) but the moments I witnessed of that toddler engaging with this cat, seriously made my weekend. The service I was intending was to take my fiancee to a place where she could look for some winter boots to buy (lots of shops exist in Cambridge) The feedback was most unexpected!!

Oh, and his sister joined us both (me and mr cat of course!) on Saturday evening, and I had them both competing as to who would get the most chin and belly rubs  BigSmile