Bring4th

Full Version: What is Love?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An excerpt from Dr Gabor Mate.

"Carl Marx said that there are 4 alienations, basically 4 aspects. We are alienated from nature, we are alienated from our true selves, we are alienated from other people, and we are alienated from our work. So that what we do does not represent who we are. So the nature of society is that it promotes those alienations, and the, mechanism of that alienation is that very egoic mind. That in me is very extraordinarily prominent, and is very much in charge of my mental life. (11.15 mins)

Love is being aware of these struggles and moving towards their resolution?
I like this quote about what is love.

Latwii Wrote:Love, my friends, is not what you think it is. The word in your language has a meaning that has various interpretations. But it is none of these things. We use the word when we speak to you, because it is as close as we can come to the concept, using your language. Love, my friends, is that force which does all of the things that are done in the entire creation. All of the things, my friends, even those that you would interpret as being without love.
Latwii is awesome sauce.
'Baby don't hurt me, please don't hurt me, anymore. What is Love?'
(11-21-2015, 07:25 AM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]'Baby don't hurt me, please don't hurt me, anymore. What is Love?'

'As the tears roll from my eyes, I feel the hurt inside, as I reach out to you, saying I'm soo confused!'
(11-21-2015, 07:25 AM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]'Baby don't hurt me, please don't hurt me, anymore. What is Love?'

this was the first thing that popped in my head and I was about to write this lol

love and understanding are the same to me. but i feel love goes more deeper than just that
This thread reminds me of a thread called "What is Love?" :)

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5820
(11-23-2015, 12:44 AM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]This thread reminds me of a thread called "What is Love?" Smile

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5820

Yes in retrospect I should have used the search engine isis, then I could have simply added to the existing thread with what I feel is an insightful exploration of the feelings of alienation, and, the various attachments humans make in order to function as a surrogate to authentic connectedness. It wasn't so much the metaphysical explanation, as offered by Ra and Q'uo that I was aiming at. More it was the introspection into our biopsychosocial, or cultural distortions, where learning about love comes via the discovery of what love isn't. 

Gabor Mate breaks it down really well imo. Perhaps our Moderator friends could merge it with the pre-existing thread if it's not too tasking? 
If you would like me to merge the threads Nick, I'd be happy to, it's no trouble, but it's your decision. I'm sure that wasn't the first and this won't be the last "What is love?" thread posted, however. Tongue