Bring4th

Full Version: Balancing Positive/Negative charges with their equal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Inspired by a quote Plenum brought up in another thread:

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?s=5#2 :

"Each thought that a being has, has in its turn an antithesis. The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal. The mind contains all things. Therefore, you must discover this completeness within yourself."

This is a somewhat new concept for me to work with despite the fact I have been reading/skimming through the Law of One for a few years now. I guess I am ready for this lesson so its being brought to the forefront of my attention.

How do you all see this balancing taking place? Hypothetical scenarios would be helpful.

I am working towards bringing my attention towards this in my daily life. I figure, in my ignorance, bringing the opposite polarity of the charge I am experiencing to the forefront of my mind will eventual yield a clearer understanding of why this is useful to do. I have a grasp on the overall idea I feel that being Positivity and Negativity, for example are two sides of the same coin. I have been trying working with this concept/semtiment with just about everything. Hot/Cold, Wet/Dry, Happy/Angry, Nervous/Relaxed. It still hasn't touched my heart in meaning yet but I am at the feet of the Guru trusting that its meaning will be revealed to me in direct experience by keeping the concept/sentiment it in my awareness.
Balancing the opposites reveals unity. What is the unity behind hot/cold? Behind sadness/happiness? Behind patience/impatience? Balancing opposites is to release emotional charges towards EITHER end of the spectrum. Thus, when bringing up opposites you should examine your mood, feelings and how your emotions and thoughts change when you encounter thoughts you like and thought you don't like.

One way to approach is that everything is connected. So say you're thinking of the opposites of patience/impatience. You would first look at where you have patience and what it relates to. Then you would bring up impatience in your mind and relate to it. You can then compare the two together. Did one give you more of a charge than the other? Did you find you have more or less positive/negative thought associated with it?

If you find you do have a strong charge one way or the other you can then address it and begin to break it down. Ask yourself why you feel that way. Ask yourself many questions, sometimes you'd be surprised at the answers we'll give ourselves.
I think Aion nailed it, the purpose is to not to grasp any particular pole of the hypothetical magnet, so to speak, but to grasp the whole magnet or unified whole. Everything is a stick with two sides. You can look at all of them as directions of movement that your consciousness can take. It begins to reveal the inner topography or geography of your mind.
Thank you both for sharing your thoughts.

I had this Truth touch me tonight. Its not that we intentionally are trying to walk the line between negativity and positivity; but the very essence of the positive path is acceptance of all experiences. Not that we support or promote negative actions or thinking, but we avoid disillusioning ourselves into being one-sided with our love/acceptance...which, when one sided, wouldn't be unconditional. Like Ra says, they are able to reach about 90% (I believe) of creation in their radiance of love, but are accepting of those portions of creation they are unable to reach...which I would imagine exist in heavy negative gravity, the remaining 10%.

When we view the negative polarity or negative thoughts/actions, instead of seeing them with feelings distaste and lack of acceptance. We value Free Will in All. We see its place in the grande scheme of things. We are accepting of this dualistic paradigm and that every being has the right to express their free will as they deem fitting- as do we. So we are playing this game of duality with a tone acceptance. While recognizing our choice and our part in maintaining proper balance within dualistic existence. So by this I don't mean we give in to forms of violence or slavery, but rather in seeking to preserve the experience love, harmony and freedom- and share that, we find acceptance in our hearts the whole way through.

By balancing out the positive/negative charges within our mind...we are reminding ourselves the Unity in all things. And radiating love to those things/thoughts that are positive as well as those which are negative. This is the essence of the positive path.
We accept the whole without needing to judge the parts, is what you are saying seems to me to be in a nutshell, yes? In accepting the whole we actually respect our own free will, I feel, and enable ourselves to fully choose.
(11-16-2015, 05:08 AM)Viewer Wrote: [ -> ]..but we avoid disillusioning ourselves into being one-sided with our love/acceptance...which, when one sided, wouldn't be unconditional.

Yes..you got it. In the rest of 5.2 it's said we extend the balancing exercises to other selves. So in a social setting when someone is being impatient and it's annoying us, we're responsible for acknowledging that we are also an impatient person at times as well, therefore unifying. The idea is that over time rather than having an emotionally negative experience, we simply see ourselves in the other and it's all ok.

One of reasons we find the antithesis behind all attributes is to make sure we're covering full ground. We tend to ignore things and only look at what we want. So we look at our positive attributes and humble ourselves by reflecting on the opposite within us. We look at our negative attributes and find self-love by reflecting on the ways in which we embody the opposite of those negative traits.

So we're to love others and ourselves. What that means to you and how you go about balancing all that is the great work.
The purpose of this method is stop the factor of judgement that is based upon approval or disapproval. Seeing that every thing we approval of has in its turn the very thing we disapproval of within ourselves. You cannot have one without the other, the polarities are a part of each of us. The idea then is to find all of those things which we approval and disapproval and balance each with the other and vice versa until we are no longer in a judgemental state of consciouness which creates further blockages in the energy centers. The opposite method to this path is the path of control which suppress the thoughts/emotions and uses them in a way that is of benefit to the self, this can be seen as a short cut or a quick fix like putting the dust under the sofa, rather than doing the cleaning. Thus in the long run the self becomes balanced with the STO method and begins to see the unity in all things. I think probably the main problem with anything like this is that people often do not understand how long it will take to balance. From my experience, such a working is the work of an incarnation or a life time, rather than a temporary exercise.
(11-14-2015, 01:08 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]Balancing the opposites reveals unity. What is the unity behind hot/cold? Behind sadness/happiness? Behind patience/impatience? Balancing opposites is to release emotional charges towards EITHER end of the spectrum. Thus, when bringing up opposites you should examine your mood, feelings and how your emotions and thoughts change when you encounter thoughts you like and thought you don't like.

If you find you do have a strong charge one way or the other you can then address it and begin to break it down. Ask yourself why you feel that way. Ask yourself many questions, sometimes you'd be surprised at the answers we'll give ourselves.

This is most excellently put. I think you have gotten right to the very core of understanding here, Aion.
How would one balance the emotional charge of missing someone. More accurately loss of unity consciousness.
I guess this is the one I still struggle with. A fellow soulgroup member started to awaken then went back to sleep.

When he awakened the feeling of seperation from otherselves disappeared. He is from my soulgroup so it was like returning home. Reunion with creator it felt like. When he went back to sleep the seperation felt more accute because I had lived in the flesh what it was like to not feel it.

I think this is the one I struggle with daily.
(08-20-2016, 10:59 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]How would one balance the emotional charge of missing someone. More accurately loss of unity consciousness.
I guess this is the one I still struggle with. A fellow soulgroup member started to awaken then went back to sleep.

When he awakened the feeling of seperation from otherselves disappeared. He is from my soulgroup so it was like returning home. Reunion with creator it felt like. When he went back to sleep the seperation felt more accute because I had lived in the flesh what it was like to not feel it.

It occurred to me today I am not using this catalist appropriately.
There is no balance for this charge, I am not to balance it I'm to use it.
It can either stagnate my progress by leaving me fixated, or I can use it as fuel to further move toward unity with all.
Funny how sometimes typing it out for all to see brings the answer.
I'm going to assume it being part of some of you others selves consciousness even for a moment increased my call for help/guidance.
Thank you
learning how to use catalyst really is an artform.

It's heavily symbolic, and usually involves at least one or two layers of digging, before the true causations are able to be unearthed.  
______
Catalyst is when my mom calls me lazy, or incompetent. Seems obvious to me.
______
I think it's both.  When catalyst spills over into the body as something 'physical', then it can take on poetic forms.  But it's not usually as obvious as the most straightforward interpretation.  For eg, cancer is a result of anger catalyst going unrecognised, and yet, that's not the most obvious 'explanation'; it's only when one goes deeper and sees the 'concept' of unregulated and destructive hijacking, that a connection to the emotion of anger can be recognised.

In terms of eyesight, that's a catalyst that I'm still working with, to be honest, after many many years of investigation.  And by exploring everything around that that I can, it's led to many many self-insights.  I've had improvements, but it's still not resolved; obviously, there is something I have not quite been able to acknowledge, desite all the Work I've applied.  The one Consolation I have is that at least on this planet, several hundreds of millions of peoples have this physical catalyst (a significant proportion of the population), and so we've all fallen into the same boat, in terms of not 'registering' this catalyst.

For my own case, I do agree that it's something that one 'does not want to see clearly'.  But I think even behind that is a sense of retreating from the world (solar plexus), and not wanting to focus, with clarity, on the other self (and their reactions to us); whether that has been born out of fear or some traumatic event long past.

But yes, for me, it represents the 'final physical catalyst' to be resolved.  I've figured out so many other things along the way; it's been the one helpful Mystery that's kept me seeking for a very long time Smile

Heart
What about us who had LASIK to correct vision. Are we missing some catalyst then?
(08-21-2016, 11:21 AM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2016, 10:59 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]How would one balance the emotional charge of missing someone. More accurately loss of unity consciousness.

It occurred to me today I am not using this catalist appropriately.
There is no balance for this charge, I am not to balance it I'm to use it.
It can either stagnate my progress by leaving me fixated, or I can use it as fuel to further move toward unity with all.
Funny how sometimes typing it out for all to see brings the answer.
I'm going to assume it being part of some of you others selves consciousness even for a moment increased my call for help/guidance.
Thank you

Might I offer that the opposite of 'missing' is 'found' or in the case of missing someone or a feeling of loss the opposed would be a feeling of being together or intimacy? Even though we may be different in our distortions and seem apart, lost, dead even, we are always together in our unity and intimate in our hearts.
Underneath it all every interaction with another self is catalyst demanding you to have a positive or negative reaction, internal and external.

Once you learn how beneficial it is to have a positive reaction the majority of the time you begin to see synchronicity etc.

Same goes for thoughts about your self.

It's important to try and separate your self from your thoughts first before balancing exercises during interactions with others, I think.
(08-21-2016, 04:16 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]What about us who had LASIK to correct vision. Are we missing some catalyst then?

I can only speak from limited experience.  A friend's Dad had LASIK.  I've seen them a few times since then.  Even though they have 'clear sight', something about their face still looks 'tensed up', almost straining, similiar to when they still had glasses.

I think the yellow ray tension is still there.

The lens may be 'corrected', but things still haven't 'relaxed' or relieved; at least from my limited observation.
Hello all! I've been away for a while, studying. My understanding of catalyst is that its purpose is to teach us equanimity, that is, balance. Therefore, a catalyst cannot be "fixed" as in through Lasik surgery, nor can the lesson it intends be learned by ignoring it. What I have learned is to view both sides of the coin to, as Aion put it "examine your mood, feelings and how your emotions and thoughts change when you encounter thoughts you like and thought you don't like." That lets me know what I need to work on accepting within myself and use that knowledge to bring my feelings into balance. Aaron and Q'uo stated that how we feel is not as important as how we react to our feelings; we all feel fear from time to time, but it arises to call our attention to something. This doesn't mean we must allow the "fight or flight" response to control us, but rather accept that fear and allow it to pass through, neither embracing it nor reviling it. This is what I gleaned from my studies- I do not claim to be an expert, but this has helped me achieve a level of equanimity during events that might have driven me to my death before I learned how to balance on life's tightrope. Love and Light to you all.

If I read you correctly, this is loneliness, right?  That's what sticks out to me, and I too have struggled with this feeling.  

I would advise intensifying and truly experiencing this loneliness directly and without flinching, paying attention to the way the mind free associates and noticing where the energy is blocked/sore/hurting.  Really feel it in its most urgent and intense form.  

The question I've struggled with is how one balances that, since the condition seems dependent on an outward situation.  You're lonely because this connection is missing, and you can't simply balance it by unilaterally establishing the connection, since that's dependent on another person with free will.  So how do we balance when emotions seem tied to external stimuli outside our direct control?

To get started on balancing like this, I sometimes think of narratives or ideas that manifest these emotions.  The imagination is essentially constructing scenarios which act as "scaffolding" for the emotion, but these imaginings don't have to really make sense -- only enough sense to be plausible enough to have the emotion felt. Just like scaffolding, they are a means to an end, and as such, disposable once the emotional resonance is obtained. In essence these are ways of using imagination to form discrete symbols of the emotion, but what matters is the emotion, not the symbol or surface thoughts themselves. In fact, sometimes I think this is what many daydreams and errant long-running thoughts are: ways of experiencing emotions that material reality is not otherwise giving us an opportunity to experience by setting up a mental hypothetical.

To summarize: the extreme of loneliness is abject isolation, and the extreme antithesis of isolation is the feeling of being fully accepted.  When I feel this way, I try to intensify the loneliness and then intensify the feeling of complete acceptance and understanding by all.  To the extent I am doing this well (fervently, sincerely, with total vulnerability and honesty) I find that the loneliness becomes more workable because the random energies around it are used up, and what I'm left with is a lesson rather than a wound.

I hope this helps, I'm just a beginner so I'm enjoying everybody's advice.  Sorry if I didn't read your ask correctly.
______
(08-23-2016, 04:20 PM)GentleWanderer Wrote: [ -> ]It seems eyesight issues have often a family origin because it's not rare to see the entire kids of a family to wear glasses with at least one of the parent. For sure it is a manifestation of some internal issue, but could it also only be an acquired belief system (like : in our family your father started to wear glasses at the age of 10 and your older sister too so you will soon need glasses my son...) ?

yes, I think you're right.

I was talking to a friend just yesterday, and the topic of family and parents came up - incidentally.

As children, we copy the habits of our parents.  Distortions and all.

It's not a perfect imprint, as some personalities are more susceptible to certain modes of thinking, and other personalities to other types, but it's a way of mental distortions/cultural habits to transmit via behavioural imitation.

(08-23-2016, 04:20 PM)GentleWanderer Wrote: [ -> ]I remember David R Hawkins said that many of his chronic illness were cured when he had a spiritual awakening, including his need for glasses. Then many years laters he started to wear glasses again but was able to regain a normal eyesight with prayer and asking god. " What the ego cannot lift with all its might is like a feather to the grace of God."
But some time later the issue came again and David attributed that to unconsciouly taking the mass beliefs of collective consciousness.

yes, I remember reading about Hawkins' initial awakening.  I didn't know about his later relapses, and subsequent recoveries.

I was quite into Power vs Force for a time, but like so many other things, it served it's purpose at the time, and it doesn't really have a magnetic force for me at all.

But thanks for sharing those anecdotes Smile

Heart
(08-22-2016, 02:56 PM)jeremy6d Wrote: [ -> ]

If I read you correctly, this is loneliness, right?  That's what sticks out to me, and I too have struggled with this feeling.  

I would advise intensifying and truly experiencing this loneliness directly and without flinching, paying attention to the way the mind free associates and noticing where the energy is blocked/sore/hurting.  Really feel it in its most urgent and intense form.  

The question I've struggled with is how one balances that, since the condition seems dependent on an outward situation.  You're lonely because this connection is missing, and you can't simply balance it by unilaterally establishing the connection, since that's dependent on another person with free will.  So how do we balance when emotions seem tied to external stimuli outside our direct control?

To get started on balancing like this, I sometimes think of narratives or ideas that manifest these emotions.  The imagination is essentially constructing scenarios which act as "scaffolding" for the emotion, but these imaginings don't have to really make sense -- only enough sense to be plausible enough to have the emotion felt. Just like scaffolding, they are a means to an end, and as such, disposable once the emotional resonance is obtained.  In essence these are ways of using imagination to form discrete symbols of the emotion, but what matters is the emotion, not the symbol or surface thoughts themselves. In fact, sometimes I think this is what many daydreams and errant long-running thoughts are: ways of experiencing emotions that material reality is not otherwise giving us an opportunity to experience by setting up a mental hypothetical.

To summarize: the extreme of loneliness is abject isolation, and the extreme antithesis of isolation is the feeling of being fully accepted.  When I feel this way, I try to intensify the loneliness and then intensify the feeling of complete acceptance and understanding by all.  To the extent I am doing this well (fervently, sincerely, with total vulnerability and honesty) I find that the loneliness becomes more workable because the random energies around it are used up, and what I'm left with is a lesson rather than a wound.

I hope this helps, I'm just a beginner so I'm enjoying everybody's advice.  Sorry if I didn't read your ask correctly.
Thanks Jeremy great post. I will read it a few more times and might have a question or two for you if you don't mind just so I'm sure I'm getting it. Smile
I wish I could give a proper advice to you Glow, i too am feeling alone/away from my kind, although so close to every each soul on this planet.  :-/ Heart
On the lasiks thing. Wow! Did that mess me up.
I imidiatley developed OCD. Everything in my life turned upside down.
2 years later I am finally getting everything sorted, and it all was triggered by lasiks.
I had been almost legally blind in one eye my whole life.

Forced catalyst there!

Maybe the balance is recognizing that there is no "loss" of unity consciousness, just a forgetting. It still exists to be tapped. Just because your friend has gone back asleep that doesn't mean forever - it also doesn't mean that you can't connect with anyone else - or the All. If you feel a real loss of connection with this person, I would still reach out to them in meditation, or dreams - none of us are ever truly apart. Being apart is the illusion. Smile
(08-23-2016, 09:33 PM)Papercut Wrote: [ -> ]I wish I could give a proper advice to you Glow, i too am feeling alone/away from my kind, although so close to every each soul on this planet.  :-/  Heart

I think I need to hug you. (((Hug)))
I don't have tattoos but I often think having one that reminds me of what I have learned would be useful for when I forget.

Last night I was remembering what a member on another forum told me. Thought it might make a great tattoo. He told me.

Alone could be read All One.

ALLONE

Still not getting the tattoo lol
(08-23-2016, 09:41 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe the balance is recognizing that there is no "loss" of unity consciousness, just a forgetting. It still exists to be tapped. Just because your friend has gone back asleep that doesn't mean forever - it also doesn't mean that you can't connect with anyone else - or the All. If you feel a real loss of connection with this person, I would still reach out to them in meditation, or dreams - none of us are ever truly apart. Being apart is the illusion. Smile

Goodness Jade. Nice post and synchronicity.
As you were posting about there being no loss of unity consiousness just a forgetting I was posting about getting a tattoo to remind me what I have learned for when I forget.

ALLONE / unity consciousness being what we both were posting about.
Totally teared up noticing the synchronicity.

Beyond that, thank you for your comments. Even without the synchronisity they helped.
(08-23-2016, 05:59 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2016, 04:20 PM)GentleWanderer Wrote: [ -> ]It seems eyesight issues have often a family origin because it's not rare to see the entire kids of a family to wear glasses with at least one of the parent. For sure it is a manifestation of some internal issue, but could it also only be an acquired belief system (like : in our family your father started to wear glasses at the age of 10 and your older sister too so you will soon need glasses my son...) ?

yes, I think you're right.

I was talking to a friend just yesterday, and the topic of family and parents came up - incidentally.

As children, we copy the habits of our parents.  Distortions and all.

It's not a perfect imprint, as some personalities are more susceptible to certain modes of thinking, and other personalities to other types, but it's a way of mental distortions/cultural habits to transmit via behavioural imitation.

(08-23-2016, 04:20 PM)GentleWanderer Wrote: [ -> ]I remember David R Hawkins said that many of his chronic illness were cured when he had a spiritual awakening, including his need for glasses. Then many years laters he started to wear glasses again but was able to regain a normal eyesight with prayer and asking god. " What the ego cannot lift with all its might is like a feather to the grace of God."
But some time later the issue came again and David attributed that to unconsciouly taking the mass beliefs of collective consciousness.

yes, I remember reading about Hawkins' initial awakening.  I didn't know about his later relapses, and subsequent recoveries.

I was quite into Power vs Force for a time, but like so many other things, it served it's purpose at the time, and it doesn't really have a magnetic force for me at all.

But thanks for sharing those anecdotes Smile

Heart

Wow isn't that incredibly! When that soulgroup member and I had a falling out in 2012 i was so sick for the next 7 months I nearly lost my business. I wasn't even sad just sick. They tested me for everything cancer, AIDS, tick born diseases, and everything I between as I went from perfect health to seriously debilitated so quick.

For 7 months this went on an my Drs decided it was autoimmune but couldn't come up with a treatment. I was told to accept this was me now and to rearrange my life to fit the limitations. I called up the soulgroup member to take on the business I could no longer keep up with. Suddenly my health made a complete turn around.

Now when ever I start out of loneliness trying to go back to sleep, same sickness seems to kick in.
Amazing to see how persistent our souls can be lol

How do the sleeping dare stay asleep?
Pages: 1 2