Bring4th

Full Version: Personality and Free Will
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
        Would an individual's personality seem less defined the more they have "peaked" through the illusion? or the other way around? or is there even a relation between the two? Does free will effect ones individual personality?

Certain individuals have very defined personalities and characteristic in which they/others seem to rely on. This strong personality and character that they possess seems to give them more "drive" in which their life becomes a product of said personality and it is almost as if they have less free-will to choose how their life plays out because of how strongly their personality guides there life without them consciously knowing it. 

As one peaks through the illusion more, and dances with the idea of unity they realize that they have more choice in what they want themselves to be, and what they want their life to be. As one becomes a more advanced soul they seem to have less of a individual characteristic personality that they and others rely on and instead do not "have" a personality as much as are a more blank tapestry and can utilize archetypal attributes more willingly. As such, that they seem to be a "social chameleon" or are whatever personality that they believe is needed in a certain situation instead of always defaulting to their base personality. 

I think it, paradoxically, becomes a little bit of both.  What I mean by that is I think that as we evolve we become more "specialized" tools of expression, and our individual personalities become valuable and unique contributions to be utilized by the creator in its "cosmic symphony".  Your personality is a specific tool that gets refined over the densities.  Simultaneously while the tool of your personality gets more "defined" and specialized, you become more finessed at working in perfect harmony with all the other tools, to the extent that the harmony becomes so pure that the differentiation between one tool, or instrument, becomes almost non apparent.  Your "uniqueness" becomes ever better at blending with the "uniqueness" of other selves.

I'm reminded of this quote for some reason:

"75.32 Questioner: The three aspects of the magical personality are stated to be power, love, and wisdom. Is this correct and are these the only primary aspects of the magical personality?

Ra: I am Ra. The three aspects of the magical personality, power, love, and wisdom, are so called in order that attention be paid to each aspect in developing the basic tool of the adept; that is, its self. It is by no means a personality of three aspects. It is a being of unity, being of sixth density and equivalent to what you call your higher self and, at the same time, is a personality enormously rich in variety of experience and subtlety of emotion.

The three aspects are given that the neophyte not abuse the tools of its trade but rather approach those tools balanced in the center of love and wisdom and thus seeking power in order to serve."
(12-02-2015, 09:17 PM)Sabou Wrote: [ -> ]Certain individuals have very defined personalities and characteristic in which they/others seem to rely on. This strong personality and character that they possess seems to give them more "drive" in which their life becomes a product of said personality and it is almost as if they have less free-will to choose how their life plays out because of how strongly their personality guides there life without them consciously knowing it. 

I think there are two different kinds of personality variations at play here.

1) the kind associated with orange-ray blockages, which Ra describes as showing up as "personal eccentricities".  These are certain behavioural tics or identifiable patterns that come to define someone; quite often in a trademark fashion.  This is probably in line with what you have written about the individual being a puppet of their personality; as these blockages are unconscious for the most part, and so they are just acting out these eccentric patterns.

2) the kind of unique flavor that comes out of indigo ray.  Everyone is drawing upon a subset of facets of infinity, and this is where that energy shines through.  I have noticed that the higher the kundalini rises, and the more adept that one becomes, that this 'uniqueness' becomes more and more apparent.  It seems paradoxical that the closer one comes to unity (violet ray), that the individual actually becomes more defined as a personality, but that is because the indigo ray is only ever drawing upon a subset of infinity in it's expression.  All adepts choose and hone a focus; some are teachers, some are organizers/facilitators, some are counsellors.  This is nowhere more apparent than in the writing styles and expressions of individuals.  The more indigo is open, the more clearly identifiable this expression is seen.  This is a different aspect to blue-ray communication; this is not about the clarity or what is communicated; this is more about the style and patterns of beingness.
Free will creates the illusion, the illusion creates the personality.
Free will gives a choice but in reality there's no choice there's only service to The Creator.
(12-03-2015, 11:09 PM)Nowheretoday Wrote: [ -> ]Free will creates the illusion, the illusion creates the personality.

My interpretation is: the personality is an illusion. We are the free will that creates that illusion.

(12-03-2015, 11:14 PM)Nowheretoday Wrote: [ -> ]Free will gives a choice but in reality there's no choice there's only service to The Creator.

The only thing that would not serve the creator would probably be to not exist. Do you really want that option?
I would like non-awareness, but not non-existence. It would be like unconsciousness, and a good way to pass the time.

I could go for being in a coma where you dream for a long time.
(12-04-2015, 03:57 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I would like non-awareness, but not non-existence. It would be like unconsciousness, and a good way to pass the time.

I could go for being in a coma where you dream for a long time.

Non awareness and non existence are the same thing from my perspective. I wouldn't call a dream non-awareness either.

You actually can't stop being aware of awareness. You can stop being aware of other things though, because all other things are distortions of awareness. Even when people are in a coma, or asleep, no one loses consciousness. They just don't remember. Lack of memory will make anything seem 'not real' later. When you fall asleep, you simply get absorbed into your own thoughts, some of which get translated into experiences you remember as dreams, and some others which you can't physically translate at all.

Anyway, that is my personal opinion based on my personal introspective intuitive research. There is a backdrop base state to our consciousness that is like an unblinking eye. It is existence itself. Or like pure spirit. But it exists in perfect peace, perfect love, perfect knowledge, and all power.

Creating a bridge between that state, and your conscious ego is the path of the adept.
Yeah, you're still conscious in a dream, so I figured it wasn't non-awareness.

I just thought unconscious meant no awareness. But if you're not aware here, you're aware somewhere I guess.