Bring4th

Full Version: What is the Most Important Thing we can be doing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I guess the most important thing depends on the moment.

But doesn't Ra say that to be in the moment, and present, is the most important thing we can be doing?

Should it be our goal to seek the Creator in every moment?

So the best way to spend our time is to be fully present.
I think thinking about the future takes that away.

Are we always approaching Creator, or do we sometimes take steps back?
Gemini, I have to say, I've seen you go through this cycle of thought many, many times on here. It seems like each time you want to find purpose for your yearnings but are challenged by your attachments. You seem to have the sole interest in life of interacting with anthropomorphic and your whole reality seems to hinge on this one fantasy.
I updated my OP to remove them from it.
Don't want to be too repetitive.
We're on a spinning ball circling another spinning ball in a giant spiral.

Repetition is well and fine.
(12-05-2015, 02:43 PM)Elros Tar-Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]We're on a spinning ball circling another spinning ball in a giant spiral.

Obsession though is not healthy.
(12-05-2015, 02:47 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2015, 02:43 PM)Elros Tar-Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]We're on a spinning ball circling another spinning ball in a giant spiral.

Obsession though is not healthy.

Of course not but denial of self is worse in my view.

So it's up to you to balance it all.
I have brought up my interest on this site quite a number of times.

But I hadn't realized I was annoying others.

Time to explore why I have this obsession.

Right now though I don't feel that I do.
(12-05-2015, 02:32 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I updated my OP to remove them from it.
Don't want to be too repetitive.

Aha That's not what I meant, I just mean that this seems to be an ongoing issue for you and it seems maybe like you've been doing the same thing for awhile now hoping for progress but without changing any of your positions. They say the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over believing it will yield different results. Maybe it's time to take a whole new angle to life? I'm not saying to give up on your dreams or anything, just try and take a look at this cycle you are in.
(12-05-2015, 02:52 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I have brought up my interest on this site quite a number of times.

But I hadn't realized I was annoying others.

Time to explore why I have this obsession.

Right now though I don't feel that I do.

It doesn't annoy me, I'm addressing the concerns of the OP. You can like whatever the heck you want, doesn't matter to me. It's the pattern I was trying to draw attention to, not specifically the attachment. Now that you've removed that content my posts make no sense lol

I think you should have kept it because it was obviously a central concern for you. There's nothing wrong with that and it's relevant to your post.
Life is so confusing. It's so difficult to progress.
I realize my dreams won't be fulfilled in this life, because law of attraction has no bearing on my dreams.

Sometimes I disgust myself with how obsessed I am.
That's why I am trying to avoid temptations of the flesh.
(12-05-2015, 02:56 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]Now that you've removed that content my posts make no sense lol

I've read some posts of yours that say "We seek within" instead of the original text. I was reading a thread about heaven and hell, and each of your posts said that, so I couldn't get the context.

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...light=Hell
I think the most important thing we can be doing is keeping in mind that, despite how things may seem, all is ever well since all is the one infinite & powerful creator.
-----
(12-05-2015, 03:29 PM)earth_spirit Wrote: [ -> ]@IndigoGeminiWolf

I'm confident you'll realize your desires at some point of your existence.

But why do you call it an obsession? Why use such a negative term? What do you think is wrong with your interest?

(12-05-2015, 03:02 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]That's why I am trying to avoid temptations of the flesh.

For a moment I thought I was on a Christian forum.

Buddhist monks also try to do this. I resonate more with them than Christians.
(12-05-2015, 03:29 PM)earth_spirit Wrote: [ -> ]But why do you call it an obsession? Why use such a negative term? What do you think is wrong with your interest?

Because I tend to get depressed when I realize they are just fantasy.
-----
Thanks earth_spirit.

I'm actually glad I am where I am right now.
My own fantasies disturb me.

What you wrote made me realize that.
(12-05-2015, 12:53 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I guess the most important thing depends on the moment.

But doesn't Ra say that to be in the moment, and present, is the most important thing we can be doing?

Should it be our goal to seek the Creator in every moment?

So the best way to spend our time is to be fully present.
I think thinking about the future takes that away.

Are we always approaching Creator, or do we sometimes take steps back?

I think the most important, and most productive, usage of time is following your highest bliss.  Whether you find that bliss in service to others, or in service to self, or somewhere in the middle.

You have all eternity to figure things out, and there is no rush.  The prize is not found at the end, but in honest moments of true self knowledge.  Life can seem hard, but in time you will appreciate those moments of self discovery and understanding more than anything else.

We incarnated because we wanted challenges.  Just try to grow a little bit each day.  Gradual change is often the most powerful, because it is the most stable.  You are not competing against anyone, spiritually, except for yourself. All is well.
(12-05-2015, 03:09 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2015, 02:56 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]Now that you've removed that content my posts make no sense lol

I've read some posts of yours that say "We seek within" instead of the original text. I was reading a thread about heaven and hell, and each of your posts said that, so I couldn't get the context.

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...light=Hell

Yeah, I'm speaking from my own deeds aha There were times where I felt the words I offered did more harm than good, not considering the context at the time.