Bring4th

Full Version: The art...act...guh. drinking sucks.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why did we decide this was the best way to learn??

1 hour of tonight would've been enough.  Approaching hour 7.

I had a single six pack of Not Your Fathers Root Beer' Beer.  Went to sleep.  Woke up, got into B4 And part way into my post on Isis' poll thread, I felt the undeniable urge of hell withering inside of me, followed by the wet mouth and opening throat feeling.  Then quickly deteriorated into vomiting.  Lots.

I'm still by the toilet.  B4.  I chose to drink and this is the result.
May I never ingest -gags- beer...-gagging- again...

This brought up so much stuff in my past...I always took care of tge people in my place right now.  Its finally me and there's no one to help me.  My own mom hears me and does nothing.

It just makes me wonder why.  Ugh.  As my stomach churns and makes splurty noises...
Tips for vomiting I discovered today.  Puke forward, not downward (splashback).  Pull your head back immediately if you can, the smell will auto-make you vomit more (no idea why), sip water just sip, chug at the risk of it flying right back out.  Bananas help.  Weed helped make the pain bearable, my throat hurts so bad, dryheaving up pieces of sour food and beer over the hours.  Scuse me.

Okay.  Also.  Spit a lot before throwing up if you want to prolong (mentally prepare in case you suffocate on yer own vomit), swallow to throw up faster.

If your stomach feels like there's a pit in it, you've got food sitting in there.  I feel asleep head-on-arm over the toilet and woke up to more vomiting and the other end managed to just push through as a liquid.  Which resulted in hemoroids now.  Plus a headache, heartache. Stomach ache.  Throatache.  Ache.  Aching.  Tired.

I hurt.  I really just want a hug...
I never really thought I'd be in this position, alone.
I never really thought I'd be so alone.

Excuse me, I think I can finally lie down...
Sigh.

I'll stick to the green, it never hurt me like this Sad
-----
This experience will be expanded on more later...

For now I'm laying down.

Its interesting to note, I've been seeing 'stars' every time I move jerkily or suddenly.  Not sure if its blood cells or phosphenes, but on that note I've been seeing various phosphenes on the left and right, of various colors from red to pale yellow, gold, some other red, a few white ones.

Across a 7 hour perioud mind you.  Thank you, the thought actually helps me feel comfort.  

What's funny/stupid is I'm sonehow still tipsy from 5 beers gosh almost 18 hours llater...  I don't know but that Beer hurt.  No more beer.  I don't know if its because I'm sick or what but noope.  Just noope.  Im not sure if im sick but I sure feel like it.  At least I think my stomach is finally empty.

This makes no sense.  I must be like, extreme lightweight or something.

And sorry to Mr. Plenum for giving him extra work Sad
And some others for my attitude earlier today.  I shallnt participate while inebriated.  I shall check for such upon waking.

I realize I just went a whole day drunk basically...  weird.
It's been a long time since the pleasure of drinking outweighed the terrible way it makes my body feel. Sad
I stopped drinking a few weeks ago, because I believe it was making me fat.
Ahahaha awesome. Been there a variety of times myself.
So turns out. I got a fever.  I know because i just woke up to sweating to death, which turned to instant freezing moment I took off my clothes.

Whoo.  I'm sick, and alcohol on a fever is bad, bad bad I see now.

I hurt still.  Pretty bad headache but no longer tipsy.  Sore all over.  Maybe this is direct catalyst for my avoidance.  Gotta suffer a bit.

Beer is very fattening.  Do not recommend unless its organic.

Why is natural suffering funny Aion? I know yer not laughing at me, but it sucks dude. I feel so bad for so many who've been here and worse.
Chugging can kill they used to say.
Bones ache.

Okay dokeay. I'm a be oer here getting cozy naked in bed because I feel like a heated arctic train wreck.

Mind and body as my brain hurts. I wonder why pain comes in so many sensations.
I mean. So does pleasure. So...

Anyone have any being sick tips from lifely experiences they might want to share? I'm open ears (or stuffed up ears anyway bleh)
(12-10-2015, 01:29 PM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]So turns out. I got a fever.  I know because i just woke up to sweating to death, which turned to instant freezing moment I took off my clothes.

I hurt still.  Pretty bad headache but no longer tipsy.  Sore all over.  Maybe this is direct catalyst for my avoidance.  Gotta suffer a bit.

Beer is very fattening.  Do not recommend unless its organic.

Why is natural suffering funny Aion? I know yer not laughing at me, but it sucks dude. I feel so bad for so many who've been here and worse.

I think it's unfortunate that laughing is often taken so personally or as simply being about humour. I turned to depression because people were never comfortable with me laughing in the face of misfortune, pain and suffering. They think I laugh at them but really I laugh at the illusion, because some part of me always deeply knows that events are temporary. For me, I deal with stress and worry by laughing, by raising joy within myself.

At least, I used to naturally, but now I feel like I have a hard time doing anything but brooding because that's the only way I know how to be 'serious' enough for people. When people are miserable they want to see that others reflect their misery so they can feel justified in their emotional reactions, I feel.

When I was young I was in such a clear state of self-knowing and I recognize the difference between myself then and now. I used to be so at ease, relaxed and able to find the positive in anything. That got me anger though because in a world of so much apparent negativity how could someone laugh in the face of it all?

I guess it's because although suffering is great, I know Love is greater and to me, genuine joy and laughter is one of the purest expressions of Love.

So, I do not laugh at you or your misery, I laugh at the experience, at the amusement, irony and silliness of human temporality. In the moment it is as though the universe is crashing down around you and then moments will occur where it is all forgotten. I just see this cycle of experience and acceptance.

I tried for a long time to match peoples' vibrations so if they are in a bad mood or feeling miserable I would try to empathize and sympathize with that. Now I'm realizing I'm kind of killing myself because I'm keeping myself locked around vibrations that others are at and neglecting my own actual progress.

So, I am learning to laugh naturally again, without suppressing it in favor of more serious approaches. I apologize if this is troublesome but now you know at least that it is not malicious.
(12-10-2015, 01:36 PM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]Bones ache.

Okay dokeay.  I'm a be oer here  getting cozy naked in bed because I feel like a heated arctic train wreck.

Mind and body as my brain hurts.  I wonder why pain comes in so many sensations.
I mean.  So does pleasure.  So...

Anyone have any being sick tips from lifely experiences they might want to share? I'm open ears (or stuffed up ears anyway bleh)

Honey and lemon tea (garlic too if you can stomach it)
(12-10-2015, 01:29 PM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]So turns out. I got a fever.  I know because i just woke up to sweating to death, which turned to instant freezing moment I took off my clothes.

Alcohol lowers the immune system. You likely had something that your immune system was supressing before the booze train rolled in, has happened to me a number of times.
Peppermint oil. Lots of water. Weed. That would be my remedy if I were hungover today.

I also have creamy potato broccoli soup in the fridge which would probably help too (easy to eat/digest).
(12-10-2015, 01:49 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's unfortunate that laughing is often taken so personally or as simply being about humour. I turned to depression because people were never comfortable with me laughing in the face of misfortune, pain and suffering. They think I laugh at them but really I laugh at the illusion, because some part of me always deeply knows that events are temporary. For me, I deal with stress and worry by laughing, by raising joy within myself.

At least, I used to naturally, but now I feel like I have a hard time doing anything but brooding because that's the only way I know how to be 'serious' enough for people. When people are miserable they want to see that others reflect their misery so they can feel justified in their emotional reactions, I feel.

When I was young I was in such a clear state of self-knowing and I recognize the difference between myself then and now. I used to be so at ease, relaxed and able to find the positive in anything. That got me anger though because in a world of so much apparent negativity how could someone laugh in the face of it all?

I guess it's because although suffering is great, I know Love is greater and to me, genuine joy and laughter is one of the purest expressions of Love.

So, I do not laugh at you or your misery, I laugh at the experience, at the amusement, irony and silliness of human temporality. In the moment it is as though the universe is crashing down around you and then moments will occur where it is all forgotten. I just see this cycle of experience and acceptance.

I tried for a long time to match peoples' vibrations so if they are in a bad mood or feeling miserable I would try to empathize and sympathize with that. Now I'm realizing I'm kind of killing myself because I'm keeping myself locked around vibrations that others are at and neglecting my own actual progress.

So, I am learning to laugh naturally again, without suppressing it in favor of more serious approaches. I apologize if this is troublesome but now you know at least that it is not malicious.

I can very much relate to this.
I think that society has framed certain scenarios in a certain way. Thus, if you laugh when someone hurts themselves it's construed as being laughing 'at' them rather than laughing at the situation. The expectation is that compassion means you will only empathize with the pain and act accordingly.

Rarely do people take it as just laughing at being human. Being human is hilarious. We are so bumbling one moment, graceful the next and then bumbling again it doesn't surprise me at all we find our physical mistakes hilarious. If it's wrong to laugh at the hilarity of human existence in all its weirdness then I don't want to be right.

That being said, it's come across as being cruel because it was taken personally so it can be a hard balance. I don't wish to hurt people but I also don't feel I should hurt myself through suppression.
Hangovers became a normal part of reality for me at one point, i hope you feel better soon. Hopefully you don't drink to the point of getting the 2 - 3 day hangovers, those are nightmare mode! Or is that just alcohol poisoning...maybe that's why i stopped drinking ha.
I do miss the rum and diet coke. Or rum and tea. Didn't get much of a buzz, and sometimes it made me vomit just thinking about it. But it's ok.
(12-10-2015, 08:02 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]I'll stick to the green, it never hurt me like this Sad

You can buy a cheap milk thistle supplement at most stores that sell supplements. Take it before you go to bed after drinking, and your hangover will be cut in half.

It turns your liver into a mini olympian (just don't take it too early -- makes it harder to get drunk).
(12-10-2015, 02:53 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]I think that society has framed certain scenarios in a certain way. Thus, if you laugh when someone hurts themselves it's construed as being laughing 'at' them rather than laughing at the situation. The expectation is that compassion means you will only empathize with the pain and act accordingly.

Rarely do people take it as just laughing at being human. Being human is hilarious. We are so bumbling one moment, graceful the next and then bumbling again it doesn't surprise me at all we find our physical mistakes hilarious. If it's wrong to laugh at the hilarity of human existence in all its weirdness then I don't want to be right.

That being said, it's come across as being cruel because it was taken personally so it can be a hard balance. I don't wish to hurt people but I also don't feel I should hurt myself through suppression.

I used to sorrowfully laugh at many things like you've said, I relate to your views, I even said: "I know yer not laughing at me", I understood o:

Creamy potato broccoli soup.  Nom.  I've only had 2 bananas and water... om nom...nom...  Least my appetites coming back with that, thank you Jade.

Matt I just had a 24+ hour hangover with a fever so I'm feeling like I might either call out of work tomorrow or maybe....creamy...yummy soup.  Do not want this to be normal, I'll just stick to smoking...

(12-10-2015, 01:52 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]

Alcohol lowers the immune system. You likely had something that your immune system was supressing before the booze train rolled in, has happened to me a number of times.

The mental image alone LOL
'Ah hey there man, jus keepin tabs on mr. Fever o'er--'
GUEESSS CHOOOCCHOOOOOOOWHOO'S HEEREEE
'oh no...  Dont tell me, nnNNNOOOOO!'
-alcoholic train flies through throwing everything into chaos-
GOTTALOVEMYBOOZECHOOCHOOO

adequate description of how I felt, Spaced.  A hot arctic boozy trainwreck.

I think I'll just call it quits on cheap alcohol.  I'll buy an actual well made liquor if I'll drink at all, ana.

I totally didn't respond in order at all.  Oops. -Goes back-