Bring4th

Full Version: Question on Channeling Alone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not planning on it (how do I even channel lol), but my curiosity struck.

Why exactly should one not channel alone?

I understand it comes down to being manipulated into shaming yourself or into believing untrue information, but I ponder as to why this is.

Has anyone managed to channel alone without issue or tried it with bad results?
I think the issue is 'confirmation bias' in that an individual may be more likely to accept material which confirms their personal beliefs.
I think it's also that because each person you add doubles the strength of your intentions to receive the higher love/light based channeling.

When Carla got skilled at trance, she had to start holding someone's hand while channeling so that she wouldn't accidentally slip into unconsciousness and be led away by a negative entity. I think that's a good reason to not attempt to channel alone.

If you want a "higher source" of info that's possibly safer, my recommendation would be to do automatic writing while channeling your Higher Self. Attempting to channel an outside entity just gives any other entity the opportunity to masquerade as that entity. I don't think it's as easy for a negative entity to step in and assume the role of the Higher Self.
Easier to lead one person astray than three
I personally wouldn't worry about it unless you do feel vulnerable, and then your fear may attract unwelcome entities. You are what you are, and things flow from that. So preparing yourself to channel would be the concern, making sure YOU are in the right mindset and energetic place.

Also, if you just get rid of belief, then you can discern whatever information that comes in as to whether or not it's useful. Attaching belief or desire to it is what fuels ... well, attachment.

I don't speak out of total ignorance here. I was plagued by some sort of negative entity for over a year when I was 15 years old. It hung out mostly in my bedroom. Lots of creepy situations ensued, but it did produce a fully conscious out-of-body experience. It is fairly common for teens to attract entities because of the explosion of sexual energy at that time, I have since read. 

The sort of fear I felt then, or rather, the fear of being victimized by a negative entity, simply isn't in my paradigm anymore. It's not that something couldn't scare me, I just don't feel at risk I guess.

So if you want to channel, go for it. I do recommend being really healthy. My psychic friend told me she could see holes in the auras of people who do drugs or are in poor health because of bad diet, etc. This is supported by "Hands of Light." She told me this left people open to attachments by entities. So be healthy and strong. Maybe that's one reason Carla had some issues—her poor health.
I second what Jade said about channeling your Higher Self. I recall Quo (I think) saying that the connection between oneself and one's HS is inherently protected. There are other benefits: I've found that the HS has less of a free will barrier and will be able to provide more information and guidance than other entities. Finally, the HS is better versed in the specifics of you, your situation, your personality, and your future, and so is able to provide more helpful advice.

I still ask him to say "that is the truth" regularly, and use discernment.
[Image: 3325463.jpg]
There is also the safety issue. A channeler who is inexperienced and unaware of the potentials could potentially be possessed if they do not know how to test entities or encounter one that is wiser than they.

However, Ra noted that the strength lies in Unity and Love, which was what made the Ra trio so powerful. So I imagine someone who establishes a strong sense of inner unity and balance would have an easier time.
(12-11-2015, 04:42 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not planning on it (how do I even channel lol), but my curiosity struck.

I understand it comes down to being manipulated into shaming yourself or into believing untrue information, but I ponder as to why this is.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I think it is fine as long as you properly educate yourself.  But the fact is, most people do not properly educate themselves. And this is what makes it potentially harmful.

Channeling alone is fine as long as you don't place too much importance on the information received and you know enough to be confident and not afraid.  It is not the specificity of the content that attracts negative attention, rather it is the importance placed upon it.

I have used spirit boards by myself, and the only time I have had negative experiences were when I was feeling fearful or emotionally down prior.  Like attracts like.  You will tap into whatever you are currently resonant with, whether that be closer to fear or closer to love.  The reason why many people have bad experiences with ouija boards is not because they are inherently evil, it is quite simply because of the superstition and fear surrounding them.  

When "dabblers" in the occult turn off the lights, set up candles, and try to make the setting of their "seances" as spooky as possible with a group of fearful, hesitant, onlookers/participants I can't say I'm even the slightest bit surprised when they get negative communications.
Is there such thing as ectoplasm slime? Like in Ghostbusters, can you be slimed by a ghost?
(12-11-2015, 06:14 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Is there such thing as ectoplasm slime? Like in Ghostbusters, can you be slimed by a ghost?

Interestingly enough, I have actually researched cases of hauntings where strange slime did materialize on walls in a house. I doubt it would form directly on a person though, but anything is possible.
(12-11-2015, 06:07 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2015, 04:42 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not planning on it (how do I even channel lol), but my curiosity struck.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I think it is fine as long as you properly educate yourself.  But the fact is, most people do not properly educate themselves.  And this is what makes it potentially harmful.

Channeling alone is fine as long as you don't place too much importance on the information received and you know enough to be confident and not afraid.  It is not the specificity of the content that attracts negative attention, rather it is the importance placed upon it.

My thoughts.
I saw an orange solid slimelike material that manifested in my bedroom closet when I was a kid.