Bring4th

Full Version: Spiritual Hurdles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been thinking a bit recently about 'Spiritual Hurdles'.  One could also call them 'spiritual challenges' to maybe soften the term.

I think that Spiritual Hurdles can express themselves in the physical, as well as the mental; and are seen as impediments to us reaching or achieving our goals.  The only reason I give the Adjective of 'spiritual' to  it, rather than just calling it 'life challenges' is that most of us here would recognise our life as part of a grander and bigger narrative; a so-called spiritual journey with over-arching themes greater than mundane purpose.  That there is some sort of programming or learning structured into our life's journey, that were chosen deliberately to help develop a quality of understanding.

But from our perspective, it looks very much like Spiritual Hurdles that act as a barrier between us and a greater peace and ease.  Could we do with more money in the current situation, that would ease the budgeting, and expand our possible physical experiences?  Possibly, for some.  Could we do with improved health in some area, so that there is less pain, and we have more reserves to actually do other things?  Possibly, that's an issue for some.  

No matter which way we look at it, it's highly unlikely that our physical experiences are ideal in every possible way.  They may be very good in many many areas.  Work, physical health, relationships, spiritual fulfillment.  Grace to you, if you have things worked out in all areas!   But most people have at least 1 or 2 big hurdles that occupy much of their daily thoughts.  They are legitimate concerns, and represent tangible difficulties.  They can also be ongoing - months, or even years.

But that's part of the spiritual challenge.  To come to terms with these things.  What is the meaning?  What is the symbolism?  What is this trying to express?  How can I relate to this in a different way?  How can I actually generate an effective change in this particular part of my life?  In the context of 'spirituality', this is more than just 'personal development' for the sake of improving ourselves.  In the narrative of an incarnational journey, these hurdles/challenges could be seen as the antagonists that we chose to help develop or promote a particular facet of ourselves.  In that light, it might not be a hurdle as such, but rather a gift or opportunity.  A difficult and challenging gift.  But one that offers a lasting fruit.  But it's not easy.  These challenges can persist for years.  
I think we struggle with these hurdles to get deeply involved and personally extremely experienced with them. Earth's societal framework creates unique challenges for its inhabitants. The more those of us with 'spiritual inclination' delve deeply into these societal ailments, the more we can unearth the truths behind these issues and in turn learn to heal them on a planetary level.

My "big hurdle" would be lack of funds. My whole life it's been some scale of "not enough" to "basically enough". I've had many, many lessons to teach me to place little value on external objects. In the end, I think it's a good antidote to a society that places an absurd amount of value on so many frivolous things.
That makes me think about how much powerful of a healing place earth is. Thinking that you can just incarnate with distortions so that you will heal them and then be experienced about it to spread the healing. The logos are clever dudes.