Bring4th

Full Version: Misuse/Misapplication of the Law of One?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Crowley represents an interesting case study in the Ra Material.  If we take it on faith that what is being described has some fidelity to the deeper truth, then there are a few things to observe regards this individual.

First of all, Crowley is a notorious figure in occult circles.  He is commonly regarded as being black, evil, perverted, and 'wicked'.

And yet, despite his public reputation, Ra identifies him as positive.

[Image: rnYsFlQ.jpg]

Here is Don's very pertinent and incisive question:

18.11 Questioner: Did this entity, then, even though he intellectually understood the Law of One, misuse it and therefore have to go through this healing process?

Then the answer offers many interesting points to consider (at least interesting to me).

Here's the link to the full reply: http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?s=18#11

I'll break down the answer into sections:

Crowley became overstimulated with the true nature of things (obsessed?)

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. This entity became, may we use the vibration sound complex, overstimulated with the true nature of things. This over-stimulation resulted in behavior that was beyond the conscious control of the entity.

He understood the Balancing Process, and tried to apply it.  And yet, it seems that it led to a separation from other selves, rather than an integration (the true goal of balancing).  It seems the undue emphasis on the Balancing was the issue, not the balancing itself.

Quote:The entity thus, in many attempts to go through the process of balancing, as we have described the various energy centers beginning with the red ray and moving upwards, became somewhat overly impressed or caught up in this process and became alienated from other-selves.

He was positive (according to Ra).  Hard to accept for the gentler folk that maybe have only heard the stories and rumors.

Quote:This entity was positive.

And finally, Crowley's main issue was that he couldn't share (in a useful way) with other-selves.  The actual issue seems to be that the actual step before sharing - the comprehension of self - was not constructed in a manner which integrated the self (blue-ray comprehension).  Before something can be communicated, it has to be articulated and framed and phrased in a way that the self itself understands.

This led to much spiritual pain.

Quote:However, its journey was difficult due to the inability to use, synthesize, and harmonize the understandings of the desires of self so that it might have shared, in full compassion, with other-selves. This entity thus became very unhealthy, as you may call it, in a spiritual complex manner, and it is necessary for those with this type of distortion towards inner pain to be nurtured in the inner planes until such an entity is capable of viewing the experiences again with the lack of distortion towards pain.

/ /

I think as seekers, we should keep Don's opening question in mind.  Is our understanding too intellectual, and not sufficiently integrated into our physical practice.  Do we end up understanding ourselves better as a result of this seeking, which then helps us to understand others better.  

How much pain do we have?  How much alienation do we suffer from?  

Are we truly becoming more integrated in other words.
Excellent write up sir. I think many can attest to the initial feeling of alienation due to the inability to outwardly express this philosophy. Everyone goes through that high then experiences a crash so to speak because they find themselves even more alone that before. I think many of us were already outliers of society for the most part yet this seemed to take it to another level.

Where I think many make a misstep is that once the work begins upon the self by way of balancing, they don't have a goal in mind. This goal in my mind is work upon the self so that one can be of service more intelligently, compassionately, and loving than ever before.

Yet many seem to only reside within the self. Constantly attempting to balance and rebalance. Hoping to attain something that which is not understood by me which is self purpose. When one progresses, they reach stagnation because they reach a point of "where do I go from here" hesitant to reenter the illusion so to speak makes many realize that such progress that they thought they had attained, was simply the beginning.

From here one has two choices, to sulk back into the shadows of one's self or dive head first back into the illusion and use the difficulties as challenges to further balance and crystallize ones self. Its this precise fear I believe that prevents many from further crystalizing by shielding ones self from the big bad illusion.

Ultimately, one has to come out of the shadows. This is especially true for wanderers. Ya gotta face this sphere with an open heart and mind ad apply that which we have remembered.
Good thoughts from both of you Plenum and Jeremy.

I remember a book by Crowley called "something Magick" where he listed several experiential practices.

One that stood out was to drink large amounts of beer or wine in one sitting and to stay focused on being unphased and to maintain a clear and sober state by sheer application of will.

It's somewhat like when yogis have been given LSD and are supposedly unphased by its effects.
There's a funny parallel in that session. On the one hand there's mention of Crowley who used metaphysical techniques to bolster his ego and spiritual separation. On the other are the folks whom the group Yahweh worked with who used the genetic improvements to count themselves special and, again, create spiritual separation.

Just goes to show, it ain't easy being humble. Take me, for instance, it took me many years to perfect the art!
(12-20-2015, 04:59 PM)4Dsunrise Wrote: [ -> ]Good thoughts from both of you Plenum and Jeremy.

I remember a book by Crowley called "something Magick" where he listed several experiential practices.

One that stood out was to drink large amounts of beer or wine in one sitting and to stay focused on being unphased and to maintain a clear and sober state by sheer application of will.

It's somewhat like when yogis have been given LSD and are supposedly unphased by its effects.

I did the same with pot for several years. The funny thing is that I didn't really know why I was doing it, just that it seemed important that I gain enough mental control that, more or less, I could control the pot rather than it controlling me. This was before I was awakened and found the LOO and soforth. And at this point, unless we're talking about something truly epic and medicinal-grade, I can basically control how high pot makes me. I can use it to simply open my inner eye more fully and draw in more energies, without getting overwhelmed by the experience. It also helps me come into closer contact with my higher selves.

At this point, I largely use it as a tool to bootstrap my own mental processes and experiments with my inner energies. First I learn how to do something while high, then once the experience has become suitably familiar, I can start doing it while sober as well. (Ie, my first contacts with my higher selves were all while I was tripping balls on heavy s***, then I slowly learned how to make that contact happen without being stoned out of my gourd.)

But this isn't a path I'd recommend for most people since there's a lot of tricky balancing involved and overuse of any mind-altering substance can easily become its own trap. I find I've had a very weird spiritual life that largely involves doing things that acolytes are usually told NOT to do and managing to find wisdom in them anyway. So I try not to hold myself up as an example very often.
How do you misuse the Law of One?  Itself deems there is no wrong.

Is misuse a misnomer then?  I often feel I push the Law of One Philosophy in poor ways and apply it backwards to front but I still garnish a desire that stays any pain and misery I might feel. I mean, yes I don't hold it as a primary but a unifier, how can it be misused?

Misapplied sounds correct in metaphysical technical ways, but misuse implies improper use.  Can the Law of One be improperly used?

When I first started smoking cannabis I started off as a sober high (after my body got used to the wavy lightness of highdom), Then slowly learned the ways of Laziness.

I used to be able to drive high, I don't anymore for safety, but now a days I smoke and I get weary if I'm not in a good mood prior. I...I fear trying this with alcohol... But hey, maybe once or twice. With everclear. And not copious amounts of beer...
(12-20-2015, 09:23 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I think as seekers, we should keep Don's opening question in mind.  Is our understanding too intellectual, and not sufficiently integrated into our physical practice.  Do we end up understanding ourselves better as a result of this seeking, which then helps us to understand others better.  

How much pain do we have?  How much alienation do we suffer from?  

Are we truly becoming more integrated in other words.

What came to my mind is the archetype Moonlight and passages from Ra related to this:

Quote:The apparent happening is disassociation whether the truth is service to self and thus true disassociation from other-selves or service to others and thus true association with the heart of all other-selves and disassociation only from the illusory husks which prevent the adept from correctly perceiving the self and other-self as one.

Quote:The moonlight, then, offers either a true picture seen in shadow or chimera and falsity. The power of falsity is deep as is the power to discern truth from shadow. The shadow of hidden things is an infinite depth in which is stored the power of the One Infinite Creator.

Quote:The adept, then, is working with the power of hidden things illuminated by that which can be false or true. To embrace falsity, to know it, to seek it, and to use it gives a power that is most great. This is the nature of the power of your visitor and may shed some light upon the power of one who seeks in order to serve others as well, for the missteps in the night are oh! so easy.

Quote:The progress chosen by many adepts becomes a confused path as each adept attempts to use the Catalyst of the Spirit. Few there are which are successful in grasping the light of the sun. By far, the majority of adepts remain groping in the moonlight and, as we have said, this light can deceive as well as uncover hidden mystery.

and we have to consciously go back to basics along the spiritual journey:

Quote:Let us examine the heart of evolution. Let us remember that we are all one. This is the great learning/teaching. In this unity lies love. This is a great learn/teaching. In this unity lies light. This is the fundamental teaching of all planes of existence in materialization. Unity, love, light, and joy; this is the heart of evolution of the spirit.

Quote:The second-ranking lessons are learn/taught in meditation and in service.

Quote:Always begin and end in the Creator, not in technique.

Quote:Those with blockages in these first three energy centers, or nexi, will have continuing difficulties in ability to further their seeking of the Law of One.
Bravo, fiatlux0!