Bring4th

Full Version: Energy Centers on the Tree of Life.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been thinking how the Law of One can be related to the Tree of Life. The main issue here i believe is the Energy Centers and Densities would have to have a corresponding place on the tree, as they are a foundation of the the philosophy of the Law of One. The first line of thinking would be that each Sephirah would relate to a density and energy center, however Ra makes it clear that this is not the case.

Quote:44.14 Questioner: I was looking at the diagram of the advancement of magical practices starting from Malkuth and ending at Kether. I was wondering if these corresponded to the colors or the densities, with Malkuth as one, Yesod as two, Hod and Netzach being three, Tiphareth four, and so on. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is basically incorrect although you are upon the correct track of thinking. Each of these stations has a complex number and shading of energy centers as well as some part in various balances; the lower, the middle, the high, and the total balance. Thus there are complex colors or rays and complex charges, if you will, in each station.

This makes more sense. If we look at a standard correspondence of the energy centers on the tree we have something like Malkuth corresponding to the Root chakra, Yesod to the Orange Ray, Hod and Netzach to the Yellow Ray etc. The problem with this line of thinking is for example, Malkuth corresponds to the elements and the earth, making it a good choice for the Red ray but Yesod deals with the sexuality, which would show a blending of the Red ray energy between the two Sephiroth. Yesod also has an astrological correspondence with the moon which is normally related to the emotional and orange ray center in eastern traditions. This problem can be solved fairly easily by placing the densities not on the sephiroth or paths but rather in the space between them .

[Image: Omy8Lzt.gif]
The above image is not prefect as such because the colours would ideally blend rather than be static but you get the general idea, Perhaps one day when i have more time i will use photoshop to enhance the image. You can see now in the image that the Red Ray is both related to Malkuth and Yesod, but Yesod is now also partly in the orange ray as well, which is showing the blending effect that Ra discussed in the above quote.

If we look at the supernals which correspond to Kether, Chockmah and Binah, we can also relate this to

Ain Soph: Foreverness/Octave
Kether: Creator/Free Will
Chockmah: Light
Binah: Love

The path of Daleth which is the 14 path, between Chockmah and Binah, or love and light, can be seen as the seat of the higher self in 6th density.

The hidden sephirah Daath, which is not shown on this image, would correspond to the veil and time/space.

The Sephiroth below the veil would then relate to the conscious self and rather than the unconscious self.

I would also correspond for general interest,

Chesed: Carla: Loving kindness.
Geburah: Jim: Will
Daath: Don: Knowledge

The above creating the synthesis needed for the Ra contact through the veil and into the balancing of love/light on the path of Daleth.

(Note that the colour correspondence of the Sephiroth are in the Queens scale on the plane of Birah or the creative plane via the traditional Golden Dawn system for those who are interested. They are not directly related as such with the idea i am sharing but could develop further insight for those who so wish)
so you are trying to use these particular archetypes to help clarify and comprehend the 7 primary energy centres?  (much like anagogy did in another thread?)
Basically i wanted to find a way of relating the Tree of life to the Law of One. The systems being different but because of the syncretic nature of the Qabalah, the Law of One would find a place on the tree. The standard model of the Eastern Chakra's as Don discussed in the quote is the common understanding of the centers on the tree, but this doesn't work so well based on the teachings of Ra, thus i have created a new way of corresponding the energy centers on the tree.

To take this onto the Archetypal would be a rather intensive work, because you would also need to not only relate the tree to the different energy centers and densities but also to the 22 archetypes of the major arcanum of the tarot. This would probably require a different arrangement than that which has been traditional given by the Golden Dawn for the Tarot archetypes. If i was to make a quick general thought on it, i would assume that the Great ways of mind/body/spirit would correspond to the 11th path of Aleph 12th Path of Beth and the 13th Path of Gimmel, showing the completeness in the archetypal experience moving towards intelligent infinity.

The great of way of mind the Chariot could be related then to the 11th Path from Wisdom/Light of Chockmah towards Kether/Creator. The 12th Path of Beth, Relating to Temperance, great way of body from love. The middle pillar or equilibrium would be found on great way of spirit relating to 13th Path Gimmel which would be the world, this would make a nice correspondence as it connects Tiphareth the center of the tree and the ego, towards the source.

The matrix of mind/body/spirit could be then related to the paths that are connected to malkuth. Shin, Tau and Qoph. This would show how the end of the archetypes would be related to the top of the tree and the matrix's towards the start. The rest will correspond to different places along the tree. This makes the most logically sense to me. Thus you could have one symbol that shows the densities, the energy centers, the archetypes and the creation progress towards separation.

I would also add that i have had a little insightful thought towards the use of the traditional worlds of the Qabalah. Relating to the tetragrammaton of YHWH, OR YOD HAH VAV HAH. These not corresponding to the densities but rather the ratios of the mind. With Atzliuth being the Archetypal mind, Birah being the Social Mind, Yetrirah being the Group Mind and Assiah being the conscious mind.
(12-20-2015, 01:11 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]Thus you could have one symbol that shows the densities, the energy centers, the archetypes and the creation progress towards separation.

The thing is, I understand the archetypes to be primarily a 3rd density construct, as a tool of polarization for the advanced seeker.

I'm not sure the Tree of Life encodes information/relationships about the densities.

Quote:44.16 Questioner: As an ending question I will just ask is it possible, then, for the ipsissimus to have either positive or negative polarity, or must he be neither?

Ra: I am Ra. We shall respond to the meaning of this term in a specialized sense. The ipsissimus is one who has mastered the Tree of Life and has used this mastery for negative polarization.

The Archetypes can be used both ways - as a means of polarization.  It is fascinating that just having the concepts and their relationships enables that level of work to be done in consciousness.
I would agree in the general sense, so perhaps you could then say that its really the sub octave of 3rd density that is being shown rather than the over all system. However that being said, you could just simply have different diagrams for different correspondences, it would become obvious as to relation towards the 3rd density suboctaves or the greater octave of the creation.

Ra agrees that it does, they say that the Sephiroth are a blending of the energy centers, which would have a connection towards the densities. However like i said above you could say that its simply the 3rd density octave rather than the great octave, but both are related so once you get one going you have the other and vice versa, I haven't offered a complete understanding but rather a simply ideology that might be of use to seekers or putting the configurations into a more logical order based upon the teachings of Ra and the Law of One.
The main issue with the Tarot archetypes as a means of polarization is that the adept would go far beyond simply the corrrespondences related to the symbolism on the cards and move closer towards the present experience. Thus you would be becoming the Archetypes at will and most likely visualizing them. This is commonly known as scrying on the tarot. You would meditate on a card such as the Magus, then visualize it in your minds eye, then taking it further by projecting your self as the image, thus progressively becoming the archetypes at will and polarizing in conscious without the need for external action. The polarity would simply be the desire of the adept rather than the method.

I would disagree with Ra's statement of the ipsissimus. It should surely be positive or negative based upon individual. You have the Qliphoth or the Tree of Knowledge being used by those on the left hand path, which would seem more likely to as a method for negative polarity. Again this all boils down to the conscious desire of the person doing the working. You could argue that the pantheons of demonology would have it use for the exploration of the shadow self as a means of balancing rather than a means of developing control over others and personal power.

The working is in the Subtleties of the personality. Polarity is nothing more than the conscious choice of a given moment.
anyway, that's getting a bit away from the OP, but thanks for your answers. I do admit, I find the original Ra quote you used in the OP to be utterly fascinating - and it continues to be such, despite seeing it again.

My own view is that the energy centers correspond to bandings of mental activity; starting from red - which has thoughts about the physical, and ascending upwards to violet/crown, which deals with the universal, cosmic, and divine (ie spiritual, which supercedes any individual consciousness).

The archetypes (whether that be major arcana, Tree of Life, or astrology) represent great islands of concepts - which are then connected in some order. This combination of the concepts and their relationships then gives a very strong mapping to major structures that are possible in consciousness (one of the roots of mind). But whereas the energy centres form a linear structure, the archetypes account for a greater level of detail, and so it can't be a straight 1-to-1 mapping.

That said, the energy centres encompass ALL of 3d thought, and so the archetypes are only ever a subset.
(12-20-2015, 12:38 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]The hidden sephirah Daath, which is not shown on this image, would correspond to the veil and time/space.

so this is a 11th station?  do most traditions include it?
Yeah i would agree. The tree isn't a static system of knowledge, but a living and breathing symbol. Its use is in the practical experience not simply in what is mapped out. Its great use is that it can be used as a meta system for meta data. Blending the great knowledge into one easily understood and universal symbol.
(12-20-2015, 01:59 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2015, 12:38 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]The hidden sephirah Daath, which is not shown on this image, would correspond to the veil and time/space.

so this is a 11th station?  do most traditions include it?

This doesn't relate to any station. Its rather what the adept leaves as he moves into the supernal. You could correspond it to the 11th if you wish, but its not recommended by the traditional Hebrew Texts. The reason being is that Daath is knowledge without the understanding of Binah. It is the false god head and the peek of physical being before the inner plane work of the supernals.
(12-20-2015, 12:38 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]Ra: I am Ra. This is basically incorrect although you are upon the correct track of thinking. Each of these stations has a complex number and shading of energy centers as well as some part in various balances; the lower, the middle, the high, and the total balance. Thus there are complex colors or rays and complex charges, if you will, in each station.

one of the reasons why I think this is the case is that let's take a look a look at one of the stations - Chochmah.

here's one definition.

"Chochmah is the second Sephiroth. Chochmah means 'wisdom'. It is the Word, the Logos. It is the Son in relation to Kether as its Father. Remember Chochmah is on top of the right, positive, male pillar, and thus Chochmah is considered to embody the primal male energies. It is the active, male principle, the vital, energizing element of existence. In Chochmah is the will to create."

Wisdom could be seen to be identified with blue ray, but as a generalised concept, wisdom can also be seen through the lens of red ray (survival), or personal sovereignty (orange ray), etc etc.  

Actually, looking more closely at the definition above, Chochmah would probably better be approximated with "Co-Creator', which is still a blue-ray quality.  But the same creative, flourishing instinct can be seen through the lens of different rays.

Hence the one station (and working with it in different contexts) could help balance various issues in different energy centres.
You make some good points plenum. I tend to feel that will corresponds more with Geburah, but it also plays a key part with Chockmah. You have the balancing aspects of Binah the female energy of understanding, i would see those together as Love/light. However i see this love/light on a very high level of creation, as in the progress of the creator beginning to know itself. Thus you have Kether as the source, Chockmah as the first refection of the source through the will to know what the creator is and Binah being the understanding of what the creator is, which is love.

Kether being undefined, how can you know what it is, when no concepts of an it or that exist yet? The only way for possible growth is through a refection of itself and the creator could then say for the first time, I am that! which is chockmah the reflection. Binah being the understanding that I am this but not that, which basically means the understanding that the creator isn't its reflection but rather its true undefined self. This being the original progression of the logos rather than the general use of will/love/wisdom, but the very echos of the creative formation.

I would say that Chesed and Geburah correspond perhaps better in what we would normally relate to the general aspects of love and will, however that being said they are really a reflection of the universal understanding and wisdom.
(12-20-2015, 01:23 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is, I understand the archetypes to be primarily a 3rd density construct, as a tool of polarization for the advanced seeker.

I'm not sure the Tree of Life encodes information/relationships about the densities.

As I understand it, the Tree of Life is supposed to depict the "emanations of the creator" so in my opinion it encodes both density relationships and archetypal relationships.  Similar to the seven within seven within seven concept of subdensities.  So the subdensities equal our 3rd density archetypal experience, in the next density, the subdensities would represent their archetypical constructs, which would be somewhat different than ours in nuance.

So you can configure the tree of life in a never ending chain, similar to the seven divisions in an octave, where on the 8th note a new set of seven is started.  So the archetypal kether of our density would become the archetypal malkuth of the next density, and so on.  

For example:

[Image: overlpat_kabalalh.jpg]

This is a big part of why I consider Kether to be synonymous with the octave density, at least, in principle.

(12-20-2015, 01:23 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]so this is a 11th station?  do most traditions include it?

There are different opinions on the "hidden sephiroth" that is daath.

My research suggests that daath is all the sephira joined together as one.  And usually, in a given tradition, if daath is counted as a sephiroth, then kether is not.  Daath is said by many kabbalists to be a "lower reflection" of Kether in a place of mind (knowledge) whereas Kether, as the "crown", sits "above" the head (implying it is "beyond" mind).  Archetypically, in a 3rd density sense, I associate it with someone in 3rd density who had penetrated the violet ray subdensity, but as I said you can also apply it to the octave as a whole.  Anyway, there are a lot of different opinions on the tree of life (take me and matt for example, we have mostly radically different perspectives on it).

I consider Daath to be synonymous with violet ray.  The sephira on the middle pillar I understand to be polarity-less qualities.  I also see the emanations of "Ain" "Soph" and "Aur" encoded within the tree of life itself, whereas some others see those emanations as separate from it.