Bring4th

Full Version: 2015.12.05 "Enlightened service"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I fell a little behind on posting this one, many apologies. Here Q'uo is dropping the hottest channeling of 2015, and I slack on making sure everyone noticed.

In this session, Q'uo talks about 'enlightened service', which they define as service where one benefits the self and the other, and polarized in a positive fashion. This requires intent and dedication.

Quote:Thus, we would speak first of the motivation of the one who seeks to serve. Indeed it is an important feature of any action that you wish to call service that your desire in partaking in an interchange of energy with another be to truly serve the other being. This is what we may call “enlightened service.” It is far more than simple interaction in a catalytic way with other entities which you undertake on a daily basis, sometimes without thinking, sometimes with thought taken—for to desire to serve is to mold your efforts, your abilities, your, shall we say, training or study in a metaphysical sense, so that you are able to offer yourself as one who has an abundance to give, a point of view to offer, a way of presenting information that can be absorbed at the level where it is needed, shall we say, depending upon the particular energy center that is involved in the situation in question.

As is often Q'uo's style, their advice is broken down by dissecting the rays. It's also noted that the advice is given to take your 'failed service' into meditation with you, to work on it there. Q'uo also offers encouraging words that most of us who desire to polarize positively in this lifetime have already spent many lifetimes incarnated in service and learning, so this is a skillset that may just be latent.

Quote:Many times people who wish to be of service enter into such service with desire, but with little else at the spur of the moment, for the immediacy of the moment requires some kind of response that may or may not have thought behind it, may or may not have as many resources offered to it that you have available to you as a result of your own experience. This is why when you are in your meditative states doing what we call the balancing exercises for the day, you look at those experiences that you have shared during the day to see what has stood out in a spontaneous fashion, for most times when you are of service to others or interact with others you are not able to prepare yourself for that interaction in a way that would be most efficient to the other self.

However, each of you, as you have moved through your incarnations, has become aware of the journey of the spiritual pilgrim, and has studied in many areas that are available to you on perhaps an unconscious basis so that it may become the fabric of your own being, thus not requiring as much careful preparation in the attempt of serving others as might be necessary for those who have not studied as long or as hard as have you upon the path of the spiritual seeker. So when you are in the midst of the service, shall we say, interacting with another who is requesting of you—by perhaps word or deed or previous arrangement—to be able to take advantage of that which you have to offer, it is well to see this other being as another portion of yourself, as a portion of the Creator, and to look upon this entity with love as the foundation of that which you wish to offer. If you can color or imbue that which you offer with the quality of love, you have done the greatest preparation possible and have made the situation far more amenable to a successful service, shall we say.

There is one way to begin the path of enlightened service: To open yourself up to the energy exchange as a teach/learner AND learn/teacher, to open the heart, and to use that open heart to springboard into the blue-ray to share the self. If these steps are taken before an energy exchange, the highest service possible has been offered by the self.

Quote:Thus, beginning with this view of the other as the Creator itself, another portion of yourself, then offer yourself as freely as you can in that which you share of thought, of experience, of possibilities, of questions, of doubts. Allow an interchange and exchange of information so that the flow of energy is a two-way flow, so that you are both teach/learner and learn/teacher, for this is the situation in which all entities find themselves, even those who are far more learned in a particular category that is being discussed than are those who are receiving the information for all teaching results in learning, and all learning results in some form of teaching. There is a balance to each experience; a balance to each incarnation, and the balance to the teach/learning process. Thus, when you give of yourself in this fashion, based upon love, sharing freely from the blue ray (or throat chakra) as well, you are offering in a balanced fashion that which is the best of what you have for this particular moment, calling upon those inner reserves and resources which have been dearly bought by your own study in service. We feel that this is a beginning exploration into the nature of service, looking at it from the point of view of one who wishes to be a conscious server of another. .

Quote:We feel that we have, through the instrument known as Jim, come to the heart of the matter in saying that the nature of service is of the nature of love, and that where there is love, there is no mistake in service.

Q'uo has said this before, and I truly try to take this to heart, pun intended. If I can keep my heart open, I cannot fail in my service.

Q'uo says that sometimes, though, the energies of the open heart can still be ill-received. It is best for one to cultivate judgement (not in the negative sense but in the neutral sense). If one has been off-put by your words or actions, even if it was of the open heart, it is good to give one space to process the catalyst you have presented them, especially if they are confused by the energy received.

Quote:With these points of observation kept in mind, we can say that on the positive side of the ledger with regard to the function of judgment, there is, in every case, a considerable amount of personal experience that you may draw upon in forming an estimate of how your service might be taken by another or a group of others that you intend to serve. Therefore, it is well to take into account those anticipations which you may have of areas of difficulty widely experienced, either by another self or another group of selves, such that a service which could well come from the heart, may well be grounded in love, might yet be seen to be unlikely of a positive reception on the part of the other. Under these conditions, it is well to exercise some restraint in that which you have to offer, for the best of intentions can go awry when the circumstances are not right for the reception.

Now, given the complexity of the world in which you live, and the complexity of every individual with whom you deal, it is, to be sure, virtually impossible for you to be so well informed as to be able properly to anticipate every reaction that you might receive for the service which offer. Consequently there is very often the opportunity to do what you might call damage control, after the fact, which is to say, after you have come to realize that the manner in which you have sought to be of service has proven not to be successful in the occasion at hand. It is well under such a circumstance to be prepared to pull back and to allow the other self, or other selves, to have sufficient space to be able to find themselves in relation to whatever catalyst your attempt to serve has made available to them.

In the next section, Q'uo says the next step is to then use your experiences and the reactions of others to reflect and refine your service. However, it is not valuable to beat oneself up for perceived failures.

Quote:Now, one’s self has suddenly been given an opportunity to reflect on the nature of service that was being proposed. One is given the opportunity to look into that service, to look into the array of intentions that were brought together in the act of service which had been offered, and to look with a careful eye to discover whether there were slight impurities perhaps in the intention; whether there were, in the intention, elements that perhaps tended to move in a direction contrary to the prevailing intention under the rubric of which the service was offered in the first place. Now, it may well have been these subtle subtexts, so to speak, that your interlocutor was picking up on. It may well be that there was a hidden source of meaning which was not fully intended upon a conscious level by yourself. The rejection of the service can indeed be an opportunity to inquire into such a question, an opportunity to reflect upon the intricate matter of the subtle energies at work informing your intentional life, and this is an opportunity well taken, my friends. It is an opportunity to allow your own proposal of service to reflectively serve as catalyst to your own further development of efforts to be of service.

But we would caution you. We would caution you that the too quick propensity to lay a heavy judgment upon yourself is counterproductive. It is well in undertaking those moments of reflection wherein your own motivational life comes into view to keep in mind that you are as much a part of this glorious creation as those that you aspire to serve, and you are as much in need and worthy of the greatest care, the greatest consideration, and the greatest and most earnest effort to serve as are all of those about you. And so the humility with which you may sally forth into a big, a broad, a confusing world is also a virtue with which you may retreat into the smaller world, the microcosm which you yourself are and to tread lightly, shall we say, in relation to those little acts of discernment by means of which you seek to sort out strands of intention and dedicate them ever anew to service in the highest and best sense. Be gentle on yourselves my friends, for you are part of the One, every bit as much as the ones you seek to serve.

Now, the next step is the hard part. It's the crystallization (continued usage and opening) of the heart chakra in the face of 3D catalyst.

Quote:These loving energies are already well underway to the extent that you have dedicated yourself to a life of service, and having dedicated yourself to a life of service, have brought yourself to the point of the difficult enterprise of opening the heart. Oh, how many are the opportunities to shut down that heart. Oh, how many are the invitations to recoil back into a more protective configuration of the self where you might decide it is far better not to risk rejection, where it is far better not to risk misadventure, where it is far better not to risk getting the little spiritual fingers burned, shall we say. Oh, how easy it is to decide that the game is simply too risky to be played. And oh, how easy it is to find catalyst coming from within precisely to the same effect; that is, it is easy to suppose that one is so unworthy that to mount an effort to be of service would be inevitably to offend, would be inevitably to expose the impurity of one’s own motives, would be inevitably to sin against the clear motive of service.

Clarity in motive, my friends, is a jewel dearly bought, for it is formed in the depths of a self which must be perpetually mined and brought, element by element, to the surface. Much will be seen to be of the nature of dross, much will be seen to be something there is a great temptation to reject, and much, therefore, can form the content and residue of judgments one may hold hard against the self.

Q'uo says we should see ourselves (and others!) with the patience we see a child - one who is unskilled or unlearned. In the game of spiritual identity, we ARE children, or at least, stuck in bodies with the relative capability of children. We are learning, through play, like children. It's a process.

Quote:Consider, though, that if you contemplate the process, even of ineffectual service on the part of a child, you are not inclined to judge that child harshly. You may provide gentle guidance here and there where opportunity affords, but you do not harshly judge a child for unartful attempts to be friendly, for unartful expressions of the self, or unartful openings of a heart which is still fledgling in the world. Perhaps, then, one could consider oneself as that child, and be aware that there will be many occasions in which the attempt to open the heart to genuine service will be awkward, will be unartful, and may even be mixed with motives of which one does not approve. Nevertheless, consider the importance of the carrier wave of the intention, the primary intention, the true intention—the more that one focuses upon the truth of the intention, the more that one repeats the intention in its truth, the clearer the intention is likely to become, the clearer the service that results from that intention is likely to be.

This next quote hit me hard:

Quote:We would ask that you not underestimate the significance of the stray smile, the gentle touch, the gratuitous act of approval—for the energies of the self tend to be far more responsive to these factors than one typically realizes, factors that, on the surface, can seem to be merely incidental to larger interactions. And it is part of the process of balancing one’s efforts to serve to allow these apparently incidental features to have more and more play, shall we say, and the more play that they have, the more eloquent can become the acts of service which are of a more obvious or overt nature.

I'm well seasoned with the stray smile and gentle touch (being a waitress), but the gratuitous act of approval is not something I feel as if I consciously integrate. I think I fear more falling on the side of worrying that it would be a negative display, you know, where the entity who is surrounded by unremitting approval loses the mirroring effect.

Quote:Ra: The entity which is given constant and unremitting approval by those surrounding it suffers from the loss of the mirroring effect of those which reflect truthfully rather than unquestioningly. This is not a suggestion to reinstate judgment but merely a suggestion for all those supporting instruments; that is, support, be harmonious, share in love, joy, and thanksgiving, but find love within truth, for each instrument benefits from this support more than from the total admiration which overcomes discrimination.

"Find love within truth", that's pretty good advice. I think making sure I offer others more approving energy at times instead of unnecessary contradiction is something I would do well to cultivate.

I did quote a bunch of this session, but of course not all of it, so take a peak! It's a good one.

http://llresearch.org/transcripts/issues..._1205.aspx
This post was so long honestly I just read your comments and the bold faced part of the quotes. I don't always think about giving selfless service. It wears me out just existing.
Thanks for the feedback, Gem. Q'uo is pretty verbose, usually. I enjoy the channelings a lot, though.
-----
I was missing them at first when the new ones were being posted (almost silently upon the Facebook page!) so that's why I've been trying to make sure to do this. Sorry for delaying more than a week, but very glad to share. Smile
Your service is appreciated.