Bring4th

Full Version: Does your higher self speak to you through songs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does your higher self speak to you through music?  Mine does.

There are a variety of songs that are special to me for this very reason.  During a particularly broken time in my life my higher self spoke to me through the following song. As the tears streamed down my face and I silently asked the universe why it had forsaken me, it suddenly played on the radio in divine timing:

Son of Man, by Phil Collins

Lyrics 

(I've highlighted the words that I felt my higher self was emphasizing at the time I heard it and felt its palpable presence):

Oh, the power to be strong
And the wisdom to be wise
All these things will
come to you in time
On this journey that you're making
There'll be answers that you'll seek
And it's you who'll climb the mountain
It's you who'll reach the peak

Son of Man, look to the sky
Lift your spirit, set it free
Some day you'll walk tall with pride

Son of Man, a man in time you'll be

Though there's no one there to guide you
No one to take your hand
But with faith and understanding
You will journey from boy to man 

In learning you will teach
And in teaching you will learn
You'll find your place 

beside the ones you love
Oh, and all the things you dreamed of
The visions that you saw
Well, the time is drawing near now
It's yours to claim it all

Son of Man,
Son of Man's a man for all to see

What songs do you feel your higher self has spoken to you through?
Those are amazing lyrics. What a great inspirational message!

I hadn't heard that song before, but I do have a lot of rock and metal lyrics sloshing around my brain, so I definitely notice particular lines from songs I had not listened to in a decade suddenly going on repeat in my mind, with clear relevance to whatever is going on.
it is right now..
I insist on playing my music collection on random / shuffle all the time for this exact reason. You might say I use it as a ouijaboard.

I've had too many incidents with different songs to pinpoint any one I could use as example.
Yeah, constantly. This song has been in my head for days and the lyrics basically describe perfectly what I am going through internally. I am going through a phase of 'unlearning' and simplification it seems, getting to the root of my own philosophy and dropping many excessive details which are 'up in the air'.

I'm not aware of too many things
I know what I know, if you know what I mean
Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box
Religion is the smile on a dog
I know what I know, if you know what I mean, d-doo yeah

Choke me in the shallow waters
Before I get too deep

What I am is what I am
Are you what you are or what?
What I am is what I am
Are you what you are, or?

Oh, I'm not aware of too many things
I know what I know, if you know what I mean
Philosophy is a walk on the slippery rocks
Religion is a light in the fog
I know what I know, if you know what I mean, d-doo yeah

Choke me in the shallow water
Before I get too deep

What I am is what I am
What I am is what I am

What I am is what I am
What I am is what I am
Are you what you are or what you are, and?

What I am is what I am

Don't let me get too deep

Before I get too deep
Before I get too deep
No, not with me.
(12-29-2015, 02:50 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]No, not with me.

What about this experience IGW?

your guides giving you a song
Phil Collins, such a gifted songwriter. Nice he was there for you anagogy
I think the more you listen to music the more it will happen and the more you will get attracted to similar patterns which you can detect with time. It happens to me a lot but I'm listening to music all the time. I listen to music when I wake up, when I eat, when I work, when I drive, before I sleep, sometimes I just listen to music without doing anything else. But I can't give you a specific song I would have to search a lot but I noticed that a lot of bands I listen to have lyrics which speaks to me now that I wouldn't have thought so 5 years ago. I'm even starting to wonder if some of those bands's music are written by wanderers even if they may not know it.
Oh definitely. Music seems to be my higher self's main way of communicating with me, something I've been at least vaguely aware of for most of my life. I remember telling my mom that I always had music playing in my head as a kid and she thought that was impressive, I thought that was the case for everyone. It's not constant these days but songs will often pop into my head that have direct bearing on what I'm doing or thinking about in ways that sometimes surprise me.

I used to sometimes put my music collection on shuffle and see what came up almost as a system of divination Tongue
Should definitly try that shuffle divination thing. Seems fun!
Yeah I do that most days when I'm walking to work, I'll put it on shuffle and let the universe deliver something to me. I often use it as an indicator of the 'demeanor' of the day.
The fun part is that I can never be unsatisfied because I love all the songs that I have.
(12-29-2015, 02:53 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2015, 02:50 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]No, not with me.

What about this experience IGW?

your guides giving you a song

Nothing seems to work for me now.
higher self or subconscious, but if a random song pops into my head without having heard it that day, the lyrics usually have a strong bearing to the situation or circumstance im in. not as impressive as having a perfectly appropriate song come on the radio or anything, but then i dont listen to music much for that to happen.

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. Consider, if you will, the path your life-experience complex has taken. Consider the coincidences and odd circumstances by which one thing flowed to the next. Consider this well.
(12-28-2015, 11:45 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]Does your higher self speak to you through music?  Mine does.

No, it doesn't, my dear self. My Higher Self speaks directly to me, through whatever chanels I can receive It from. If you know what I'm talking about and you have felt It too, please let me know, as you probabaly have felt some sort of "burden" as I have felt, and then you know I'm talking about. And if not, then, I'm sorry, and best luck to you! Smile
(12-29-2015, 04:01 PM)matrix_drumr Wrote: [ -> ][...] I noticed that a lot of bands I listen to have lyrics which speaks to me now that I wouldn't have thought so 5 years ago. I'm even starting to wonder if some of those bands's music are written by wanderers even if they may not know it.

I feel exactly the same way on both counts. I went through a very long phase after I awoke where I tried to figure out or at least catalog bands who I thought might be 'wanderers', whether conscious or unconscious: http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5056
(12-29-2015, 05:28 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing seems to work for me now.

Hey IGW, sorry if you're going through a rough emotional patch right now.  It is natural to go through cycles of highs and lows.  Happens to me frequently.  If you need someone to talk to, my ear is always available.  Take care.
(12-29-2015, 11:16 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2015, 05:28 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing seems to work for me now.

Hey IGW, sorry if you're going through a rough emotional patch right now.  It is natural to go through cycles of highs and lows.  Happens to me frequently.  If you need someone to talk to, my ear is always available.  Take care.

Except maybe binaural beats which force my brain into an alpha or theta state. But I'm always interrupted by my mother.
I listen with headphones to the sound of rain.
(12-29-2015, 11:16 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks. I took you up on your offer.
Got this part of a song on my mind lately :

Welcome to the garden of dreams,
A place filled with kaleidoscopic sights.
Welcome to the essence of ‘not as it seems',
The place known as ‘The Garden….

Come and have the time of your life
Indulge in a concoction of the strangest wild life.
Be thrilled, be scared, live on the edge of the knife,
Come on down to The Garden…of Unearthly Delights.

Hieronymus got it right,
Ever-changing black to white.
Come in darkness, come in light,
To the Garden, (to The Garden, to The Garden) of Unearthly delights.

Shed all your cares and fan the fire
Enjoy the elevation of the hidden desire
To get all you want, just crawl into the mire
There's nothing like the Garden…of Unearthly Delights.

Hieronymus got it right,
To the Garden, (to ‘The Garden')

Hieronymus got it right,
To the Garden, (to The Garden, to The Garden) of Unearthly delights.
(12-29-2015, 10:00 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2015, 04:01 PM)matrix_drumr Wrote: [ -> ][...] I noticed that a lot of bands I listen to have lyrics which speaks to me now that I wouldn't have thought so 5 years ago. I'm even starting to wonder if some of those bands's music are written by wanderers even if they may not know it.

I feel exactly the same way on both counts. I went through a very long phase after I awoke where I tried to figure out or at least catalog bands who I thought might be 'wanderers', whether conscious or unconscious: http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5056

Yeah I think Tool is a good exemple of a band that might include wanderers. I don't know what would be the funniest. That they know it or that they don't?
I definitely have times where I'll have a problem, concern, or question and the lyrics of a song will pop in my head that are the exact answer. I don't know if it's my higher self or not, don't really care about the identity or agency at work.
(12-30-2015, 04:43 PM)matrix_drumr Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I think Tool is a good exemple of a band that might include wanderers. I don't know what would be the funniest. That they know it or that they don't?

Hah, I have asked myself the same question many times in my exploration the concept. BigSmile

In the instance of Tool, I'm 100% sure Danny Carey knows it. I'm not certain when it comes to Maynard and the others, however.
Yeah a couple of times I have been thinking the exact words that have sailed out of my car speakers. If anything, it's like being grabbed by your spiritual scrotum's and are being reminded about what pain is really about.

"I don't know, only god knows when the story ends, for me. But I know where the story begins, its up to us to choose, whether we win or loose...And I choose to win..."

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...#pid147499

It seems to be a common phenomenon.

It happens to me but I feel like I can't be certain it's my HS that's causing it every time - or even some of the time - just like I can't be certain it's always/sometimes my HS that's causing me to get clock synchronicities & other synchronicities.

I like to think that others/co-creators could possibly be responsible...others that have passed on, those that are still with us, or even those yet to be born, or angels, or guides, or fairies, or etc.

Ok maybe not fairies. Although, I did have a dream before where I discovered that Tinkerbell was real...anyway...

I also get lines of songs that pop in my head that seem to be a msg, or either just relevant somehow, like others have mentioned in this thread.

On xmas morning a fewish days ago I started singing in my head the "jesus loves me" song. 1st time I had thought of that song in so long. I hope to one day find out if that was just to make me laugh (bc it did) or if it was a msg from Jesus, or my HS, or etc. & I like to imagine that I started singing it in my head the exact moment some church congregation(s) somewhere started singing it.
(01-01-2016, 03:48 AM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]It happens to me but I feel like I can't be certain it's my HS that's causing it every time - or even some of the time - just like I can't be certain it's always/sometimes my HS that's causing me to get clock synchronicities & other synchronicities.

I like to think that others/co-creators could possibility be responsible...others that have passed on, those that are still with us, or even those yet to be born, or angels, or guides, or fairies, or etc.

I agree in that I think there are a variety of influences.  

I tend to look at the world from a "we are god force manifesting our realities" even in our ignorance right now.  Another way of saying, "the law of attraction is always on" or we "are always creating our realities" whether we do it deliberately or not.  Even in co-creative experiences I look at it in terms of self creation.  All the people who enter my experience I look at it from the perspective that I created or attracted them into my experiential field, just as they created or manifested me into their experiential field.  In a world where we truly are all one, even our seemingly individual desires are not really individual, therefore, their attraction of me, and my attraction of them are in some interesting and difficult to grok way, a single reflexive act which we mistakenly assume are "separate individual wills".  I tend to look at the "higher self" as a functional portion of consciousness in the same way as I look at the subconscious mind as a functional portion of consciousness.  Just as my subconscious has a function or role to play in every mental event, I think my higher self does as well which I associate with the indigo form maker "faith" level, where it plays the role of a bridge of sorts, bringing the formless into form in natural organic way.

Basically, this is my complicated and overly wordy way of saying that when a call is made in the cosmic body of the universal mind (due to some imbalance), a variety of spiritual "anti-bodies" are automatically summoned, and we identify them in their separation, but in reality, it is just the many aspects of the one -- whichever part or personality was required for whatever was required.  And depending on their density level, they perceive it as simply "wanting to do this", or possibly understanding that they are the cooperative component required for this particular creative act.

So in one respect it can be looked at as higher self/guides/spirit friends/god, and from another, we are creating our own guidance by simply looking for it, allowing it to manifest from the self ordering potential of intelligent infinity.  And they would both be true.  Sort of like wave/particle duality.  
Yep, happens to me all the time. I'm pretty sure it happened even before I consciously came into contact with my HSes, since it would seem like very often I'd have a song pop into my head in whatever situation that wasn't just appropros, but seemed to be offering relevant advice. (Like a day I was very upset over random BS and the Beatle's "Let It Be" popped in and refused to leave.)

I tend to think it's specifically because songs have emotional resonance, unlike most text or other prose. Music is fundamentally vibrational, after all. So I suspect that makes it easier for our higher selves -especially positive HSes- to access. Plus in my case, it helps that I have a ridiculously broad musical background and there's a million songs in my mental jukebox they can choose from.

Here's one most of you probably haven't heard (unless you were serious 90s-era anime fans) that they like to drop on me whenever I'm getting too stuck in my own head and/or blocking my green rays. I think y'all will dig it. Smile

Definitely, but its usually soundscapes and instrumentals that give me that feeling like im ever so connected Smile
Pages: 1 2