Bring4th

Full Version: The path to happiness.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been thinking a lot about finding fulfillment in reality. It seems to be a fairly simple and easy to assume statement that everyone in life wants to be happy and not to suffer, in this way we are the same. I assume this only to be common sense and something that is fairly obvious. I have been contemplating then what really is happiness?

Is it getting what we want? Is it having material desires fulfilled? I cannot hold true to those values.

It then hit me in a rather simple way, that happiness is love. When we are truly happy and really know that we are happy, we are in a state of love. This makes a lot of sense since the main goal of western life at least seems to be to find the prefect someone and fall in love, to get the prefect career that you love. How often do we say i love this or that? Love really then is unity. The idea that two things become one. The male and the female, or how often do you hear the saying that someone is at one with there work or career?

What we are really seeking is unity. Unity is the great love that is happiness.

This becomes fascinating once we understand that if love is the two seeking to become one that everything in life is based on opposites or a polarity. The up and the down, the light and the darkness, the left and the right, the Yin and the Yang and so on. Everything is also temporary, sooner or later the opposite side will be invoked and vice versa. It is also true to say that every action has a reaction or karma. Everything thing has a connection to everything else.

In saying this the truth becomes very simple, Everything is seeking everything. Everything is in a marriage with everything else.

The great ironic aspect of all of this is that everything is already one.

To recap, then we seek happiness, which is really love which is really unity, which is really already happening.

The only issue is the way we perceive phenomenon or consciousness. If we can change the way perceive we will connect to the flow of the universe.

The unity is the loving awareness. Everything is bond together in loving unity which the physical manifestation is light.

This might seem rather obvious to a Law of One student but i don't believe i have ever heard anyone really explain what unity or love is. Rather than oh its just that thing you no? that far out love haha.

Now how do we really become one? To become this love that connects all things?

Its well really simple...

We simply have to become aware of the present moment and the only difficulty we shall experience is in the remembering.

I think the question is more about fulfillment.

When there is a matching to what one is seeking, then a spontaneous union occurs.

That 'union' is a form of love; much like an electron finding it's place in one of the shells around the nucleus of an atom.
I guess fulfillment is right. But at the end of the day the point reminds the same.
(12-29-2015, 08:53 AM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]Now how do we really become one? To become this love that connects all things?

Its well really simple...

We simply have to become aware of the present moment and the only difficulty we shall experience is in the remembering.

I think Echhart Tolle has preached the same message ('The Power of Now' etc).

I've read that work, and I find it a little simplistic.  I also tend to be very skeptical of preaching a one-bullet approach.  No doubt, there are certain fundamentals of the human consciousness which cross age, race, culture, upbringing, maturity, and development.  There are certain core things which can be said to be the same, and thus, certain techniques will be almost universally applicable.

However, when it comes to consciousness and the individual journey, I think the unique approach to catalyst has to be respected.

Quote:Each entity has its ways of viewing and learning from the illusion, and each processes catalyst using unique circuitry. Thus all need not be the same to be equal in will and faith.

One issue with working with the heart is that it strongly suggests an equality between all entities.  I think that is a general vibe that is true, at it's core.  But that equality can become a tyranny when it doesn't respect and honor individual differences.

Through development of the heart center, certain catalysts will continue to challenge this notion of equality, and thus the range and spectrum of it's application will develop.   At some point, the blue ray will start to be invoked, as it becomes recognised that equality is not enough as an explanation and experience of consciousness.  Differences have to be understood, and then mapped out into a larger framework which is even more encompassing.
It's interesting, because the energy centers can be instantaneously cleared in any moment, but the trick isn't opening them as anyone can have a temporary opening (which might be described as pure joy or love), and in fact I would suggest that most people do at various times in their life experience.  The trick is, from my perspective, keeping them opened, and allowing the creative energies of the cosmos to flow through you consistently as a part of your identity.  

That's the seemingly hard part, which is the result of lifelong mastery. The vibratory configuration has to become 'seated'.
@anagogy

the thing that fascinates me (as someone involved in the healing arts) is how  and why certain types of blockages are held in the energy centers.  

One of the general understandings that has developed over the past 12 months is that identification is a key issue.  That is, over-identifying (attachment) to a certain experience or quality of beingness.   This shocked me a bit, as it's consonance with the Buddha's 4 Noble Truths couldn't be deflected.  So let's say someone has a feeling of being rejected.  This could happen at the age of 4 years old or 40.  Doesn't matter.  The difference between someone who experiences that rejection, feels the hurt, integrates an understanding - and someone who holds onto the narrative "I'm rejected.  I'm rejectable.  I deserve to be rejected.  I did something to deserve rejection" is MASSIVE.  The later is trauma and attachment.

The mind has an inbuilt quality which wants to hold onto things.  It can't just be defused, but it has to be understood.  It can hold onto any mental concept - which then attaches to the most relevant one of the 7 energy centers.  This is what creates blockage and separation.

When the pathway from root to crown is clear (as you described), then ineffable joy is the natural state of beingness.  Happiness isn't attained.  It's more witnessed; when nothing else of distraction causes one to witness something else.
what makes people happy out of interest?

I seem only to be able to find a more neural state of being rather than feeling joy/sorrow.
(12-29-2015, 01:00 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]@anagogy

the thing that fascinates me (as someone involved in the healing arts) is how  and why certain types of blockages are held in the energy centers.  

One of the general understandings that has developed over the past 12 months is that identification is a key issue.  That is, over-identifying (attachment) to a certain experience or quality of beingness.   This shocked me a bit, as it's consonance with the Buddha's 4 Noble Truths couldn't be deflected.  So let's say someone has a feeling of being rejected.  This could happen at the age of 4 years old or 40.  Doesn't matter.  The difference between someone who experiences that rejection, feels the hurt, integrates an understanding - and someone who holds onto the narrative "I'm rejected.  I'm rejectable.  I deserve to be rejected.  I did something to deserve rejection" is MASSIVE.  The later is trauma and attachment.

The mind has an inbuilt quality which wants to hold onto things.  It can't just be defused, but it has to be understood.  It can hold onto any mental concept - which then attaches to the most relevant one of the 7 energy centers.  This is what creates blockage and separation.

When the pathway from root to crown is clear (as you described), then ineffable joy is the natural state of beingness.  Happiness isn't attained.  It's more witnessed; when nothing else of distraction causes one to witness something else.

I'm sort of paraphrasing Seth here I think, but the nature of identity is such that is *resists* change, because change threatens identity.  Therefore, the "job" or function of our "subconscious" mind is that it holds onto identity which it gathers from the catalyst of personal experience.  These life experiences, or mind images, are collected and held onto, and projected outwards as the ego, the conscious self/personality.  I've talked before about the power of the momentum of habitual subconscious thought.  This is another example from my perspective.  Any experience that involves strong emotion will create a very strong attachment (i.e. blockage at whatever energy center is activated).  In fact, I like to think of emotion as the power, strength, or "charge" of a given focus of thought.  With highly intense emotional experiences, less repetitions of the experience are required before the subconscious mind latches onto the images, and identifies with them (sort of like streamlining habitual momentum). So once these intense associations or attachments are forged, they are held by our subconscious minds in a sort of death grip because it doesn't want to give up any of its identity, even if that identity is one of suffering and confusion.  

Balancing these charges can be intense work.  There are many healing techniques that allow the habitual organization to change: shamanic drumming, entheogens, alcohol, pyramid energy, the catalyst of a healer, meditation and other trance work, intense contemplation, visualization.  Or if the blockage is balanced in another life, it might require the reciprocal emotional charge/life experience in order to "cancel out" the previous attachment or blockage.
The thing that immediately comes to mind for me is Maslow 's hierarchy of needs.  If our needs are fulfilled.....then we have the basis for happiness.  I think ultimately happiness comes from connection.  Connection to our bodies and our souls, connection to others, connection to Earth, connection to God.

When our basic needs are unfulfilled, a feeling of disconnection arises.

So to me, I think connection is the basis of happiness.
I've found happiness comes from no journey.

But is as they say, The Journey itself.

Rather than telling you to just be happy, I'd say happiness is as was Love or The Moment.  You must search for it in yourself to find it.

Nothing else brings happiness to you, happiness for you will always come from you.

Simply put.  Allow yourself to be happy for things, just as you allow yourself to be sad.  Enjoy your home.  Your space.  Enjoy the 5 minutes of time in your bathroom or room before work.  Take time to search for reasons to be happy.

They're infinite, we just are so used to them.  Get cheesy and thank the sun for light, get morbid and thank reality for its darkness, get home and thank your living space.  Mundane sacredness is our existence.  Being happy is such a huge desire.  Maybe one day we'll understand that putting such a huge target on that desire makes it that much easier to beat ourselves up for missing it over and over.

Take a step back.  Miss a bit.  And enjoy.
Happiness isn't a destination, it grows under your feet, if you water it properly.

- some dude somewhere in the universe
(12-29-2015, 11:17 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]However, when it comes to consciousness and the individual journey, I think the unique approach to catalyst has to be respected.
This.