Bring4th

Full Version: Unusual and Exploratory Words
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
in my ongoing journey to balance, certain concepts have to be confronted, which sometimes our common language doesn't adequately provide for.  So in going to the outer reaches (or inner depths) of consciousness, I have to find terms to use as a 'placeholder' to try to focus the concept with greater clarity.

so just as a bit of personal sharing, these are some of these unusual words that I've brought to awareness:

* evincement - the word 'evince' contains the same root as 'convince'.

* consortia - plural of the word 'consortium'.

* re-ordinance - ordinance used in the sense of 'put in order'.
Oh boy, I get a daily word from a Dictionary app, I'll have to start posting them. Lots of words I've never heard of before.
I know exactly what you mean. If we are to continue with verbal language in very late 3D or during 4D, we will need to come up with new words for the currently ineffable concepts we run into.

In terms of words that don't seem to have plurals, there's definitely a few I've run into. The one I can think of off the top of my head that always shows up as incorrect in spellcheck:

Channelings - Plural of channeling
I've have a mental list too, Parsons. Here are some off the top of my head:

chakras
synchronities
utopic/utopian
(01-04-2016, 11:17 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]I've have a mental list too, Parsons. Here are some off the top of my head:

chakras
synchronities
utopic/utopian

Doesn't Chakra just mean 'wheel' or 'vortex'?

The best western word for chakras I have found is 'nexus'. Working on a 'Nexus System' as a way to introduce chakra work without having to rely on yogic terms. That being said, nexus is a cool word I have used lately.
I hope there are better means of communication than words in the future. Words seems so distorted sometimes. And sometimes feelings that are so clear are not possible to describe with words.
(01-04-2016, 11:17 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]I've have a mental list too, Parsons. Here are some off the top of my head:

chakras
synchronities
utopic/utopian

I remember using the word utopic with you. this word exist in french too. I don't know if its connotation is harder to explain in english but from what I understand it is used to describe a representation or an image of an ideal reality without any imperfections.
"vow-uation".  Totally made-up word.  It's a pun on the word 'valuation', because it would be pronounced the same, but it's talking about 'vows' rather than 'valueing'.
mergation: to describe the process of something being 'merged' with another thing.
Neologism - The art of creating new words.
lol.  Thanks Ashim BigSmile

just call me your local friendly 'neologist'.
Culination: the act of cooking.  Same root as 'culinary'.
(01-13-2016, 12:13 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]Culination: the act of cooking.  Same root as 'culinary'.

I'm gonna culinate the heck out of some potatoes later.
Exmediation: most people are aware of the word 'mediation'.  It has the same root as 'media', or that which sits in between.  So we have the word 'inter-mediation' as well.  Exmediation adds the prefix of 'ex-': to externalise or to push out.  So Exmediation is to push something out, or to externalise a possible means of interaction.  An example would be if you had tentacles, and you put your tentacles out.  Or if you were a tortoise, and put your neck and head out to look around.

Anyway, a weird word for a weird concept.  

As per the OP, all things I am running into while trying to highlight an area of balancing for myself.
Awesome word there aha
Enscopiture: the range or 'scope' of something.  Same root as 'telescope', 'periscope', or 'microscope'.
Ahh, my word of the day must have been just for me.

Aeonian - eternal, everlasting
ah, that's a beautiful sounding word.
Musical almost.
desiration: what happens when the process of 'desire' is explored and engaged in.  Same relationship as condense --> condensation.  Desire --> desiration.

I think it pertains to, and has some relevance to, orange ray understandings.  For both paths Smile
consentism: the study of consent
instantaneity: the aspect or quality of being 'instantaneous'.  Formed in conjunction along the lines of 'simultaneity'.
I like that one, it's pretty close to "insanity" Tongue
Occlusion: a form of 'closing', that leads to some experienced effect, like 'shading', 'obfuscation', or impaired flow.

PC Gamers will know the term from "ambient occlusion", one of the settings you can use for changing the graphics quality when rendering scenes.

Wikipedia lists a whole lot of technical and scientific uses:

Health and anatomy

Occlusion (dentistry), the manner in which the upper and lower teeth come together when the mouth is closed.
Occlusion effect, an audio phenomenon that occurs when one closes the opening into the ear canal and the loudness of low pitched sounds increases
Occlusion miliaria, a skin condition that is accompanied by anhidrosis and increased susceptibility to heat
Vascular occlusion, blockage of a blood vessel
Vascular occlusion training or blood flow restriction training is a technique done by some bodybuilders, utilizing this

See also

Occlusion training (disambiguation)
Occlusive, a stop consonant in which the vocal tract is blocked so that all airflow ceases
Occlusive dressing, an air- and water-tight trauma dressing used in first aid
Occultation, when one object is hidden by another object that passes between it and the observer
Occlusal trauma, damage incurred when teeth are left in traumatic occlusion without proper treatment
Occluded front, part of cyclone formation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occlusion
i think it would be well to practice telepathy instead rather than create new words which ultimately divide people due to the unique interpretation one may make reading certain words.

words are worms.

ever watch metal gear solid or read that book snow crash.. talks about viruses being released in the form of language.

then it makes me think tower of babel, just my thoughts and opinions. =̴̶̷̤̄ .̫ =̴̶̷̤̄
Do you not think viruses could be released in the form of thoughts?
Euphony

from dictionary.com:

agreeableness of sound; pleasing effect to the ear, especially a pleasant sounding or harmonious combination or succession of words.

the majestic euphony of Milton's poetry.
I love words. The thing is, when you have a large vocabulary (and you don't have to be smart to have one; you can just read a lot and it happens naturally if you pay attention to context) you have a better chance at nailing your meaning. Saying something is good is not the same as saying it is fantastical, or delicious, or efficacious.

The only word which seems to apply to every situation, and pans every grammatical application (noun, verb, adjective, adverb...) is of course, f**k, and conjugations thereof. And it is rarely used for its original meaning as there are better words for that.  BigSmile

One word of possible interest to B4:

quixotic
(or quixotical)

adjective
1. (sometimes initial capital letter) resembling or befitting Don Quixote.
2. extravagantly chivalrous or romantic; visionary, impractical, or impracticable.
3. impulsive and often rashly unpredictable.
In quebec's french language, we have lots of words with a similar meaning to f*** but with a gradience of intent. They can be lined up in creative ways.

Short example:

This is fucking great.

Osti de tabarnak de criss que ceci est calissement fucking génial. (kinda just means rly.. fucking great)
Pages: 1 2