Bring4th

Full Version: Altars; the spiritual table of transcendance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, this is my first post in this subdivision of the boards, so at this time I would like to thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can play a part in the conversation that will follow! 

For those that do not know me, I am Stone; known to some as Observer, or Eok-Tar to my dragonkin. It has been a long, beautiful spiritual journey for me since 2011 when joining bring4th. This forum was the first step on my path to becoming a lightworker and a conscious service to others entity. Along my travels I have collected many knick nacks and memorabilia, as well as crystals, wands and other things gifted to me by the nature spirits. Until recently, I had nowhere to put these things due to travel and other circumstances not allowing me to properly set up a space for myself; but within the last few months, I have been gifted with the priveledge of having this opportunity and it has been very eye opening to me in very many ways how truly beneficial having an altar can be. From storing your precious stones and displaying them, or creating a sacred space for your daily meditations, or creating a moon portal, and placing that upon your altar. There is basically limitless potential. So now I would ask if my kin on bring4th would be interested in sharing a photo of their sacred space. I am eager to see how we each individually represent ourselves to the creator. Smile 

Here are a few photos of my altar.  Heart Heart Heart

[Image: 2kf8DEk.jpg][Image: npIhOVW.jpg]
This is our family altar.

[Image: IMG_20160107_102722985_zps39qjhsbr.jpg]

I don't really have a personal altar at the moment but these three guys are the base and basically float around together.

[Image: IMG_20150729_164822419_zpskfq03qke.jpg]

Oh, my draconic name is Poimandres.
If all of my crystals lie on a furniture that has other purposes elsewhere than that surface, does that count as an altar?
(01-07-2016, 02:44 PM)Elros Tar-Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]If all of my crystals lie on a furniture that has other purposes elsewhere than that surface, does that count as an altar?

No, an altar should be a dedicated place of focussed attention.
(01-07-2016, 02:48 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2016, 02:44 PM)Elros Tar-Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]If all of my crystals lie on a furniture that has other purposes elsewhere than that surface, does that count as an altar?

The surface where the crystals have been placed did have focused attention though.
Decided to replace with a current pic.

[Image: CcN7m7E.jpg]
(01-07-2016, 02:56 PM)Elros Tar-Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2016, 02:48 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]

The surface where the crystals have been placed did have focused attention though.

The entire area should be pure. Any distortion will be magnified. Set aside a space, pure, undistorted for your magical workings.
agreed, make sure your magickal altar is differentiated than a table. Its important that your spiritual space is just that, a spiritual space. Smile
cool beans.
I'm aspiring to be a minimalist, so I kept my alter simple.  I like using tarot cards on my alter, although these ones are oracle cards.

[Image: DZqjvIh.jpg]