Bring4th

Full Version: Andrew Harvey: Sacred Activism
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In case you haven't heard of him. Smile

The scholar.

The activist (@Occupy Vancouver).

His latest book.

On the power of service.

... and there are many more videos on YouTube.

Andrew Harvey
The Hope
Networks of Grace (excerpt from the book)

-`ღ´-
he gives off a very 17-1800's vibe to me. Thanks for sharing. Interesting perspective. He's very poetic.
(01-11-2016, 04:32 AM)Viewer Wrote: [ -> ]he gives off a very 17-1800's vibe to me. Thanks for sharing. Interest perspective. He's very poetic.

Smile

I realized it might have made sense to paste a little information about him and his ideas about Sacred Activism so you can see what he's about before/without watching any of the videos:

Quote:Andrew Harvey is the renowned mystical scholar, Rumi translator, poet, spiritual teacher, writer of over 30 books, and architect of Sacred Activism.

Quote:Andrew Harvey is Founder Director of the Institute of Sacred Activism, an international organization focused on inviting concerned people to take up the challenge of our contemporary global crises by becoming inspired, effective, and practical agents of institutional and systemic change, in order to create peace and sustainability. Sacred Activism is a transforming force of compassion-in-action that is born of a fusion of deep spiritual knowledge, courage, love, and passion, with wise radical action in the world. The large-scale practice of Sacred Activism can become an essential force for preserving and healing the planet and its inhabitants.

Andrew Harvey Wrote:A spirituality that is only private and self-absorbed, one devoid of an authentic political and social consciousness, does little to halt the suicidal juggernaut of history. On the other hand, an activism that is not purified by profound spiritual and psychological self-awareness and rooted in divine truth, wisdom, and compassion will only perpetuate the problem it is trying to solve, however righteous its intentions. When, however, the deepest and most grounded spiritual vision is married to a practical and pragmatic drive to transform all existing political, economic, and social institutions, a holy force – the power of wisdom and love in action – is born. This force I define as Sacred Activism.

-`ღ´-
A slideshow for clicking through - simple, but passionate, and compassionate.

10 Ways to Become a Sacred Activist

Audio interview from an online summit, available online until February 16:

Quote:The Power of Surrender

We all have unique gifts to give and responsibility to give them. You are here to give your gifts. Andrew Harvey explains how being a sacred activist, which means having peace, strength and awareness within yourself and a deep burning desire to be part of a cause bigger than yourself, will absolutely change your life. In a unique and dynamic way, Andrew shares the depth of his wisdom of what it takes to live an authentically surrendered life and spiritual path. You will walk away from this humbling and heartfelt session inspired to make a radical difference in the world, asking yourself life’s most important questions and finding your own answers. You’ll realize that surrender is the key to your freedom.

You will also learn...

• How to gracefully move through the ‘Dark night of the soul’ and any crisis in your life.
  • How suffering can be a transformative gateway tor realizing more of who you really are.
  • What sacred activism is and how it can help you access meaning in your life and purpose on this planet.
  • The most important question to ask yourself to find your true purpose and joy in life.
  • A powerful daily practice that will help dissolve your suffering and connect you with your true divine nature, your sacred activist within.

-`ღ´-
His name reminds me of Harvey the Wonder Hamster.