Bring4th

Full Version: Spaghetti Squash is great!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just came across this item for the first time yesterday. I made the spaghetti squash today in the microwave and I was very impressed and satisfied! I didn't season it, but just used a little salt. I heated up my sauce that I bought and used parmesan cheese. I ate it just like I would spaghetti. It was really fun scraping it all out!

I ended up eating the whole squash and it was so fulfilling and good, its going to become a staple now. Next time I'll use alfredo sauce, or fry it in some butter with coconut oil/olive oil and garlic.

Most importantly for me, I took what could have been an 800 calorie meal, and cut it down to around 400 calories or less Smile Such an amazing alternative.
I love all squash, but I love summer squash most of all.
Can't stand squash.
(01-10-2016, 08:06 PM)GreatSpirit Wrote: [ -> ]I just came across this item for the first time yesterday.

that's a totally new vegetable to me as well!!

(01-10-2016, 08:06 PM)GreatSpirit Wrote: [ -> ]Most importantly for me, I took what could have been an 800 calorie meal, and cut it down to around 400 calories or less

is calorie counting really essential to you?  I've never done it before; but I've also never had any overweight problems either.  

Have you found it an effective method in terms of energy in/energy out so that the body stays at a reasonable weight?
(01-12-2016, 01:11 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2016, 08:06 PM)GreatSpirit Wrote: [ -> ]I just came across this item for the first time yesterday.

that's a totally new vegetable to me as well!!

(01-10-2016, 08:06 PM)GreatSpirit Wrote: [ -> ]Most importantly for me, I took what could have been an 800 calorie meal, and cut it down to around 400 calories or less

is calorie counting really essential to you?  I've never done it before; but I've also never had any overweight problems either.  

Have you found it an effective method in terms of energy in/energy out so that the body stays at a reasonable weight?

Yes calorie counting is in fact VERY essential for me in maintaining my weight. And yes I had a weight problem for most of my life. I will not hesitate to admit that I love food and I will eat even when I am stuffed. It doesn't matter. It's a drug to me. I've had an eating problem since I was a child and I believe it stems from the pain of an alcoholic and abusive family growing up. Lol ironically, they are the ones who are fat now.

I have observed that people who are "naturally thin" simply never developed that romantic relationship with food, despite all the exercise they do. I watch them eat and literally I'm like "wow...you eat way too slow". I freaken attack my food and I have borderline psychotic cravings. lol, well maybe I'm exaggerating, but you just simply don't understand a weight problem until you experience it yourself.
hey, thanks for the answer GreatSpirit.  Appreciated.

and regards the last line ... definitely agree there.  It's hard to really comprehend the nature of an issue without having experienced something similiar oneself.  That's not to say we can't have empathy, or commiserate to some degree, but to the extent of saying "I understand what you are going through ..." if you haven't had cancer, one can't really make that sort of statement with any sincerity.  And likewise for any other physical/emotional condition.  But thanks for explaining some of how it's experienced.  Namaste.
(01-17-2016, 12:17 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]hey, thanks for the answer GreatSpirit.  Appreciated.

and regards the last line ... definitely agree there.  It's hard to really comprehend the nature of an issue without having experienced something similiar oneself.  That's not to say we can't have empathy, or commiserate to some degree, but to the extent of saying "I understand what you are going through ..." if you haven't had cancer, one can't really make that sort of statement with any sincerity.  And likewise for any other physical/emotional condition.  But thanks for explaining some of how it's experienced.  Namaste.

I'm just thankful I never got to be over 300 lbs. I can only imagine in another reality where I still haven't made any changes to watch my health, and I'm like 400 lbs lol. But I also made a critical error during my weight loss, which was I didn't do much resistance if any, so the lose skin i have now, which isn't too bad at all, could have been reduced just a little bit more. It was mostly all cardio that I did. I have my battle scar stretchmarks of course still from the past and I still wouldn't walk around without a shirt, but a wife beater I can be comfortable in.
(01-10-2016, 08:06 PM)GreatSpirit Wrote: [ -> ]I just came across this item for the first time yesterday. I made the spaghetti squash today in the microwave and I was very impressed and satisfied! I didn't season it, but just used a little salt. I heated up my sauce that I bought and used parmesan cheese. I ate it just like I would spaghetti. It was really fun scraping it all out!

I ended up eating the whole squash and it was so fulfilling and good, its going to become a staple now. Next time I'll use alfredo sauce, or fry it in some butter with coconut oil/olive oil and garlic.

Most importantly for me, I took what could have been an 800 calorie meal, and cut it down to around 400 calories or less Smile Such an amazing alternative.

Agreed!  I LOVE spaghetti squash.  You can eat a ton with some organic tomato sauce and grilled veggies (even a bit of meat) and feel light and refreshed afterwards.
[Image: egg-avocado-spaghetti-squash-boats-recip...k=117nOcss]
(02-10-2016, 12:42 AM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ][Image: egg-avocado-spaghetti-squash-boats-recip...k=117nOcss]
Hell yea...what all do you have on there? The Squash Bowl Supreme! Reminds me of Taco Bell honestly. I see an egg, ketchup, the squash (obviously), and I'm guessing lettuce or kale???
(01-11-2016, 01:29 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]Can't stand squash.

Aren't you squash? Can you stand yourself?
My sister grew a lot of spaghetti squash last year and I received some from her. I prepared it and could have made a switch to it for some pasta meals, but my husband just poo-pooed it completely. He has the taste buds of a ten year old boy. Some people retain their inner child a long time. Lucky for them!
I love me some squash, one of my favourite parts of Fall/Winter is all the nice squash to eat BigSmile
-----