Bring4th

Full Version: Food can be like sex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love to eat food, especially fast food and sugary baked goods. I love chicken wing pizza or fried chicken with a dip. Burgers dripping with grease coming from fattened cattle who were slaughtered for my enjoyment.

So when you switch to a more "health conscious lifestyle" (which in reality is a diet) and count calories as the base of your health, the temptation of eating junk food is experienced more intensely for me because its been both outlawed and allowed into my diet. An even harder part is trying to keep the junk food that I eat within my allotted calorie ranges.

Not only do I eat and love junk food and will never fully give it up, I may eat 2000 calories of it after work sometimes, when I've already eaten my allotted 1400-1700. I just get those cravings! So that's potentially 3700 calories I've consumed in one day. My body will only burn a little over 1650 calories on its own with no exercise at all (basal metabolic rate). I generally don't exercise after I break my law too. Whats even sexier is that I don't know when I want to break it. It just happens. Oolala.

So I gain 1/2 a pound or less most likely of fat whenever I do this. And I may do this for like up to 4 days. I'll know when its time to stop eventually. I ate an entire big package of duplex cookies from Walgreens the other day, not to mention a pack of these other duplex cookies I get at work that I ate the next day (650 calories and full of fat and sugar).

I allow this to happen under the agreement that it is "paid for", so I go into my weight loss mental state of eating 1300 calories or less and going to the gym for 45 minutes/3 miles on the treadmill or just walking 3 miles a few times a week. I do pushups/squats and my abs. Just so I try to maximize fat loss and not muscle. I don't go all out trust me. And as long as I weigh in around 170 pounds or less, I'll be fine in clothes and mentally be ok knowing I'm not fat anymore.

Its just the way it is.
This is why 'overcoming' desires doesn't work.  It amounts to the repression of that self that is always and forever perfect.  Behold, the 'allure' of what is taboo, or what might be considered, in a metaphysical sense 'forbidden fruit'.  

Instead, they must be understood for what they are, and then if and when they are turned away from it isn't out of 'non-acceptable-ness', or 'not-wanted-ness' but rather, simply, a greater love or attraction to something else.  Moving in the direction of what is wanted, is not the same as attempting to move away from what is NOT wanted.  One energizes resistance, the other does not.  

At the end of the day the question is: why do we desire what we desire?  The desire highlights the distortion or imbalance we are unconsciously trying resolve through the impulse.  Uncovering those energetic vacuums or voids that we are trying to fill is very spiritual work that cloaks itself in the guise of mundane events in our everyday lives.

Desire is the greatest mystery of all.
To each their own.  I like fast food, but it literally makes me feel icky inside.  I eat it Now only cause I'm lazy and haven't the means to cook all the time.

I'm weighing in at 220 with a hypothyroid...  I used to be 290 until the LOO incited my Awakening bringing me down to the weight I'm at Now.

I don't care for calorie counting, my body passes excess calories if it gets the chance to make me do so.  Chemicals are a different story, they're what causes the icky feeling.  Like I get bogged with grossness-feelingness inside my entire abdomen...

Don't get me wrong, I love meat, and burgers, and pizza and chinese fast food and -is hungry- ... but my body is weary from years of me shoveling horrible food into it like a garbage disposal.  I physically get hurt from eating too much bad food now, my stomach has made that PAINFULLY clear.

I envy you a bit.  I LOVE eating, I used to want to do eating contests because it was euphoric stuffing myself with explosively flavorful food.

Like Naruto, Goku, and the guy from Darker than Black, I wanted to be able to down 5-20 dishes.

I still do BigSmile
But health wise can't and financially can no.longer afford to buy that much food.

Much love friend.  I'm happy you can so thoroughly enjoy one of the few truly unique intense sensations of 3D.  Hehe apparently our chemically physical bodies make flavor come through stronger than a soul eating food in the afterlife.
I love eating too. As a child, it didn't matter what/how I ate, bc of being so active, I remained skin & bones. Now that I'm no longer climbing trees & bouncing off the walls all day I have to practice some self-restraint, unfortunately. I allow myself to eat junk food & to overeat but I just make sure to balance this. After I've overeaten I'll exercise more than normal for a couple days & not allow myself to overeat again for a couple days. After I've eaten junk food I'll go a while not eating it. This method works nicely for me. I've stayed happy, & healthy, & around 120 my entire adult life so far.