Bring4th

Full Version: My recent awakening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

I thought I’d share my story of awakening, where I went from being atheist to accepting there’s a kind loving God within a period of six months. I’ve seen other people’s stories here and they are very similar to mine and I’m glad to see I’m not alone.

It started in June 2015, after having a particularly lucid dream. This dream started my journey, and along the way, I learned a little bit about how my mind works. You see, the recollection I have of this dream is more detailed than most of my conscious memories. Picture yourself standing in front of a huge wall that is covered in yellow Post-It notes, all the same size, all bearing the same handwriting. Each of those Post-Its represents a memory. Then among these Post-It notes affixed to the wall, imagine a bright white sheet of 8 ½ by 11 inch paper with a laser printed article on it, complete with picture of the event that you can tap and replay a video of the memory. This is how much this dream sticks out in my mind. It’s almost too clear to be true, if that makes any sense. Almost as if it was artificially inserted or printed in my mind.

This dream starts off with me in a rectangular room that is composed of bright white walls and a white table, where I’m sitting. Across from me is a being. Definitely not human. So I’m looking at this being and scrutinizing his face, which seems to be shaped like an inverted cone, where the top of his head is as flat as a table top. I recall thinking, “can that be natural? There’s no way that can be natural. Maybe it’s a sign of social status?”

As I stare at this being, I suddenly hear a voice inside my head and I know that it is coming from him. He goes on to tell me that the reason I’ve been brought to him is because my learning has stagnated and I need to work more. He described how I let my relationships languish, while at the same time I see a stream of images in my mind showing all my relatives/friends/acquaintances/coworkers, etc. that I've known through the years, but never kept in touch with.

After absorbing this information, I recall genuinely feeling like I’m being scolded, as if my father was giving me a stern talk. At the end of it, and almost in tears, I asked, “what should I do?”

He responds with a revelation that I think about every day since. He says, “the reason you are here (meaning on Earth) is to learn and enjoy each-others love.”

He goes on to say, “you need to work more, otherwise we’ll have no choice but to recyc…” and he interrupts himself in mid-word. At that instant, I feel a sense of “woops, I think I said too much” from him and get the feeling where he thought he might be in trouble.

As I’m processing this information, still in the dream, I get fixated on his last word, and I know that he was going to say “recycle”, but the word appears in my mind’s eye to be half complete. Meaning, the first three letters look like perfect three-dimensional letters similar to the Arial font, then the ‘y’ seems like a wire-frame outline of a 3D ‘y’, and the ‘c’ is a 2D partially completed letter, where I can see the feathering of its curves. It is at this moment that I realize this is my own handwriting or drawing! At that instant, the dream ends and I wake up.

The memory of that dream haunted me for weeks, to the point where my wife could notice I was preoccupied and was starting to be concerned. I shared the dream with her and told her that I think I’m starting to believe in life after death. This was very much unlike me, being a man of science (I have an engineering degree).

I started to get interested in metaphysics and started to make it part of my reality. Then, around six months later, something else happened that completed my shift into believing in God, or the One Infinite Creator…

For years, I would come home after work and would sit in silence and review the day’s events and examine what I did well, what I could’ve done better, etc. I never realized this was a sort of meditating, but I’d sit in silence and just empty my mind and relax and enjoy being at home. I found this very relaxing and helpful.

Since I was a child, I found I would get a strong sense of anticipation. Usually in the morning, right before I do my morning routine. I would usually open the bathroom window and look outside and spend a few moments looking at the trees, birds, sky, etc. and would feel grateful not only for being able to experience it, but also for my health and my ability to appreciate it. I’ve been doing this since I was 10, if not earlier (I’m almost 50 now). Almost every time, I would feel this anticipation inside of me. The same anticipation a child has a couple days before Christmas and just can’t wait. I always wondered what I was anticipating. At first, I thought it was the weekend, or finishing high school, or finishing college, etc. Every time I achieved a milestone, the feeling of anticipation continued.

So anyway, I’m doing my usual unwinding from work and as I’m letting my mind empty, I feel that sense of anticipation. But this time, I did something different. As I felt that feeling, I held it in front of my mind’s eye and finally asked it, “can’t wait for what?!?”

To my surprise and incredulity, I received a response. It wasn’t like the dream I described, meaning it wasn’t in the form of verbal or visual words. It was like a silent whisper. And the answer I heard was, “can’t wait ‘til you wake up!”

Confused, I sat there for a second and then thought I should repeat it, so I said out loud, “can’t wait ‘til I wake up?”

As soon as I verbalized the response, I felt this flood of energy. It started at the top of my head and felt like a tingling shiver that propagated down my spine. It felt really good, and I could sense that it meant that I finally “got it”. And during this sensation, I felt a rush of knowledge being transferred to me.

It’s hard to describe, but it seemed like prepackaged memories. Or perhaps they were always there but now were unlocked. The information I received was telling me that my wife and I are soul mates and my main purpose for being here is to learn from her. Some of the information seems to be deliberately obfuscated or removed. For instance, I know my wife is more advanced, or polarized, than I am and we entered into an agreement before this life time. I don’t know if I asked or if she offered, but she agreed to be my teach/learner, and I agreed to be her learn/teacher. I also learned that my primary mission here is to “learn the ways of love” from my wife.

In addition, I learned that my wife’s main mission is to learn “the ways of giving and receiving motherly love”. And teaching me is one of her minor missions. I’m getting worked up just writing this because it moves me to tears. I could feel there are other missions for both of us, but that’s all that was conveyed to me at this point.

Ever since then, the feeling of anticipation that I used to get in the morning no longer occurs. I kinda miss it, to be honest, but I know now why I’m here and what I need to learn. It’s incredibly empowering.

Thank you for reading.
Peace/love/light

PS: I want to thank Jim McCarty for his work in producing the Law of One material and for keeping L/L Research alive. It really changed my life.
Hi, and thanks for sharing your story Silent Whisper.

Much appreciated  Angel
The part about your wife being your teacher really moved me. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you both for the kind comments. I tend to lurk in most forums without ever posting, but this place seems a lot friendlier and made me feel more comfortable to share.

Cheers!
Neat story!!!!
Thank you for sharing, made my morning!