Bring4th

Full Version: Insanity and the Spiritual Path
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what do you think creates 'insanity'?

is it exposure to too great a catalyst, and then the mind 'cracks', as it can't integrate what was offered/presented?

in the same way that many soldiers of war experience a long term Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), but on an even larger scale.

I use the term insanity as a particular expression of mental illness/disorder.  Not all mental illnesses are insanity.

/ /

* there seem to be a large number of personal cases (not myself) where exposure to too great a dosage/too intense a dosage of drugs caused the mental break.  I don't blame the drugs - the drugs just opened the doorway to experiences/events that the person wasn't ready or capable of handling.  Hence the psychic split.
Interesting question. There is of course a wide variety of insanity and I think what you're talking about is mostly applicable to psychosis; temporary, recurring or more permanent. I bet schizophrenia fits here too. Basically the system being "fried" by an overdose of catalyst/energy/reality. Ra speaks about this concerning Adolf Hitler whom I believe tried to polarize and use the higher centers too quickly. And I also believe that the condition of entities being unable to face themselves in the new more intense and revealing 4d-light fits into this model.
Insanity in my opinion is nothing much beyond abandoning Logic for your own version of it.  Stacking reality in your own Ways that not only make little sense but would also appear poorly thought out.

PTSD causing a state of psychosis I would not deem 'insanity', except in a case of legality as Temporary Insanity.  But its not a fit to the actual behaviors of those who are, for all lack of a more specific general term, Insane.

Some think Batman's The Joker is insane, when he's actually just way too smart for his own good.  Similarly many schizophrenics suffering 'insane' thoughts or broken Logic (word salad types) might just be way too connected to 'Superational' Logic.  As in to say they operate the way Pi or Phi does, Logic based but appears 'irrational' due to their infinite properties.  How do you communicate through infinity from a non/separated mind/body standpoint, it must be insanely hard to not look insane...

I've not been diagnosed PTSD but I've never told any professionals about my past.  I think I do suffer from it in that in anxiety I do abandon logic for comfort.  I'll avoid food shopping because of the drive or the thought of looking stupid or inconvenience the clerk at check out.

I got so used to being in a state of anxiety from my last job not knowing when I'll be robbed by who that I witnessed my metal state leave a place of 'frenzy' after I quit.  I'd equate that frenzy to a constant mental panic attack that caused great anger and paranoia in me.  I'd call that a state of psychosis as my Logic was heavily compromised in place of illogical fears.

Had that tipped into a breaking point I do believe there would have followed a mental break leading to schizophrenia or a prolonged state of Mental Psychosis resulting in violent behavior from losing a great portion of myself to that anger, powerlessness, fear, and paranoia that comes with the mind silencing Logic for no good reason beyond it thinks it needs to in order to Survive.

Insanity, I believe Einstein says, is the state of doing the same thing repetitively and expecting a different result.  By this criteria anyone having a bad day could fall into the realm of insanity.

Insanity is harmless sometimes and other times it is very dangerous but it will always fall upon being based on the person's most basic personality characteristics.  I am aware from childhood experiences that Anger is one of mine predisposing me to be violent if not for higher reasonings...  I admit with some shame.

When we think of Insanity, it'd be well to not see it as one sided or singular-faceted.  People do not just lose it, and if they do its for a very strong reason.

The Human Mind can be resilient, flexible, yet unyielding.  To be broken would mean a great deal of 'catalyst' or unrelated to catalyst, Suffering to occur.

I get why mental hospitals sedate.  But if 'insanity' persists despite sedation and time, then healing is not required, it is Needed and love is the best way to start that.

No greater comfort and peace, I have found, can be derived than from Love.  It took me loving myself to quit my job.  The healing came naturally after that.  So much so I even have a hard time seeing separation in things now.

As it goes, Intelligent Infinity makes up all things.  Its interesting to note that Intelligent Energy and Love in the sense of The Original Thought are so similar to me.

Perhaps Insanity is the absence (or lessening to a high degree) of connection to Source, resulting in similar effects as the prolonged absence of sleep does to people.

That or I'm not actually insane and don't know what I'm talking about BigSmile . . .
The age old saying is that insanity is 'doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results'. So I would say insanity is pretty close to the 'habitual confusion' that Ra described for 3D whereby individuals repeat patterns continuously because they are not aware of the unconscious facets which drive them in that direction, yet with so many lamenting the conditions of their lives they seem not to realize that a change in their pattern comes from them.

I think people often get attached to ideas which are beautiful and comforting. Not only that, but in these beliefs they will repeat patterns believing that if they just keep it up for long enough they'll get their 'breakthrough' and all their problems will melt away. I think that sometimes wanting to meditate becomes insanity, going in to the mind over and over yet never able to fix the problems of the body.

However, I think the greatest 'cause' of insanity is cognitive dissonance. When the self can't stabilize because the self is divided. Then it's literally like angel on one shoulder and devil on the other, never agreeing with eachother but each wanting your attention.
(01-26-2016, 09:47 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]what do you think creates 'insanity'?

I'm not sure there is such a thing.  I think insanity is what we call problems with balance when they manifest in ways the society cannot integrate.  But there are lots of things society can integrate that I think are utterly insane (like prisons or nuclear weapons).  Therefore, I find insanity a very subjective thing, generally.

I like the way Timothy Leary talks about reality tunnels -- the way our minds filter and distort the infinite amount of incoming signals to create a narrative that orients us and afford us meaning.  People who we call "insane" typically don't see something we clearly see, or see something we simply don't, because they're piecing together their reality differently.  Their patterns of thought are not in the same "key" as the chord created by society at large.

Debilitating insanity seems to me like some sort of desperate clinging to patterns of thought that, while unpleasant, are deemed to protect the entity from some even less pleasant pattern of thought or unacceptable aspect of reality.  Insanity, in other words, seems driven by a fear that arrests the natural ability to let unneeded patterns fall away.
(01-26-2016, 09:47 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]* there seem to be a large number of personal cases (not myself) where exposure to too great a dosage/too intense a dosage of drugs caused the mental break.  I don't blame the drugs - the drugs just opened the doorway to experiences/events that the person wasn't ready or capable of handling.  Hence the psychic split.

Yes I agree that drugs are merely a catalyst of a mental type. My main priority in life from 17-24 years old was living for the weekend and my drug costs were more important to me than my rent. A rubber band metaphor works here in that if you stretch yourself too much (take too many drugs) and if you don't eventually snap, or 'break' as you put it Plenum, then you will feel the full force of the rubber band returning and whacking you on the knuckles! As it did with me. I had an extremely blocked orange ray and I think this is a most common behaviour that seeks to unconsciously unblock the flow. 

(01-26-2016, 09:59 AM)1109 Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting question. There is of course a  wide variety of insanity and I think what you're talking about is mostly applicable to psychosis; temporary, recurring or more permanent. I bet schizophrenia fits here too. Basically the system being "fried" by an overdose of catalyst/energy/reality. Ra speaks about this concerning Adolf Hitler whom I believe tried to polarize and use the higher centers too quickly. And I also believe that the condition of entities being unable to face themselves in the new more intense and revealing 4d-light fits into this model.

My full blown psychosis was drug induced (or rather it came about by going cold turkey following 7-8 days of sleep deprivation while still working physically hard during the day). When I came home from work on the 8th day I enthusiastically told my mum that it is impossible to die. I had been having thoughts during the day about this (or perhaps receiving thoughts is more accurate) and had no suspicion as to how this revelation would be taken by her. She immediately phoned the doctor and I was visited by 2 psychiatric doctors and 1 psychiatric nurse. 
So from an objective perspective I was dangerously close to 'insanity', so I quickly learned to articulate myself in a way that could be better understood from a veiled, objective or psychological viewpoint. It was my honesty in answering questions and my acceptance of having to go to hospital against my will, which actually prevented me from going to hospital. Instead, the psychiatric nurse paid me daily visits for around 2 weeks, and half way through the third week I was back at work and became very expressive and loving. I was a joy to be around.

Psychosis for me turned out to be a sudden awakening and my interest in metaphysics began back in the summer of 2001. In June 2013 when I read the LOO, I knowingly smiled when I first read Ra's reply Q1.7 - "but we can assure you that there is no end to your selves"

My girlfriend at the time was not so lucky however because in the summer of 2000 during her A level exams she snapped and was soon diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. This was a painful but essential catalyst for me in becoming aware of an 'addictive personality'. She became insane to the point of believing everything that the voices told her, which culminated in attempting to kill me in my sleep. She was informed to hide an axe under the bed and shortly after the madness I went to hospital to have my ear stitched up while (my now fiancee) she spent 6 months in a mental facility. 

I definitely agree with your perspective on 4th density light 1109. That particular Ra quote referring to mental disease proved insightful for me in grasping how I was ready, but my fiancee, Heidi, was not. 
I've had two types of insanity. One felt good and the other didn't.
(01-26-2016, 09:47 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]what do you think creates 'insanity'?

is it exposure to too great a catalyst, and then the mind 'cracks', as it can't integrate what was offered/presented?

in the same way that many soldiers of war experience a long term Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), but on an even larger scale.

I use the term insanity as a particular expression of mental illness/disorder.  Not all mental illnesses are insanity.

/ /

* there seem to be a large number of personal cases (not myself) where exposure to too great a dosage/too intense a dosage of drugs caused the mental break.  I don't blame the drugs - the drugs just opened the doorway to experiences/events that the person wasn't ready or capable of handling.  Hence the psychic split.

I think it is simply the result of being stretched too thin too far.  If you've read the Michael Newton books on life between lives, he makes the interesting observation that souls sometimes don't bring enough of their spiritual energy into incarnations, so as to give themselves a greater challenge in dealing with the impulses of the physical body.  Also, this allows the remaining chunk of spiritual energy still in the spirit world to remain more engaged in its ethereal interests and activities.  Interestingly enough, it was often the more developed souls who would short change themselves the most in lives, not bringing even remotely the recommended amount.  This fool hardiness could be due to the fact that since the more developed soul's energy is stronger than a less developed souls (and thus more vigorous in smaller quantities) and thus they misjudge the amount needed to withstand life's pressure. This sometimes resulted in souls becoming unable to withstand the trauma of life catalyst, sometimes causing them to become earthbound ghosts after death.

So essentially, it appears to be when something occurs that cannot be comfortably integrated into the identity, so the identity cracks as a sort of self defense mechanism. It flees from the horror of catalyst presented by diverging from reality.
I think I brought the right amount of soul here into this incarnation. I just messed it up with psychedelics.

But I'm not afraid. I feel comforted, although I have had about 1/2 a drink so far.
This last year I've been in four mental hospitals. The reason I was admitted was because I was freely expressing myself. Really expressing myself meant connecting with my higher self and channeling many many spirits at once. There is much that they had to say aloud in this world through me. As a medium waking in this Western mindset, I was immediately called bipolar schizophrenic. They tried to medicate me, and succeeded for a while with court order papers. The government allowed them to take away my rights to a free and uninhibited mind. I did some things that most people would call crazy, but crazy is all relative. Didn't like my God like awareness of myself. They call that a disorder because it doesn't fall into their order. I was not scared to go to the mental hospitals. I went there as a challenge to the system, because I wanted to see what was really going on under the veil of m natal health. It was a behavioral health system that I went to. Where they try to control your behaviors to make sure that you fit into society in a way that they perceive as permissible. Anything that falls outside of their viewpoint is called delusional. Dreams and visions are disregarded As hallucinatory experiences that need to be suppressed. There so many shamans in prison right now, for just believing differently than the rest of the world. We should be able to believe what we like as long as we are not hurting others. I hear voices of spirits. This is a gift that was given to me, and came with the awakening of my pineal gland. I feel I have only started my work, and for my work to truly be completed I must not fear insanity. Every path is permissible. I was in many deep trance statesman I went into these places utilizing the power of the cosmos through my voice to awaken the sleepers there. I was awakening myself by confronting my fears and blasting through them. This experience happened after taking LSD regularly for a period of six months. Lots of alien contact happened. I was not scared to tell the psychological people about the aliens that follow me around and spirits that see and affect the world around us constantly. This difference in cosmologyhas made to be discriminated against so many times in so many incarnations on this earth. It is time for the s has made to be discriminated against so many times in so many incarnations on this earth. It is time for the shamans to rise back into a place of dignity and respect in our community.
Marc, might I suggest that your work has greater chance of success if you don't behave in such a way around the 3Ds that you end up with court orders against you...?

Your mind may be free, but your body is still bound to this planet, and your actions still have ramifications for the other souls who are sharing the world with you. Self-expression alone can't overcome karma. It would be nice if people were more open-minded about how other people behave if they aren't hurting anyone, but as things stand there are a lot of scared people these days, and acting in ways which scare them further tends to invite poor outcomes. And while every path may be permissible on the cosmic scale, that doesn't negate the action\reaction systems in place here on Earth. Scared people will be irrational and panicky.

After all, we've all incarnated on one of the omniverse's Bizarro Worlds. Dealing with the weirdness is the point of being here. Smile

On the other hand, understanding the limitations of the larger system(s) you're a part of can help you utilize them more effectively in your work, and do better service. Ie, working with rather than working against the energies of humanity, and finding the wisdom to bypass challenges which are likely to bring more harm than good.

It's excellent you've become so in-touch with yourself and your higher-selves. Perhaps the next step is becoming more in-touch with the world around you.
Marc, I've been to about 4 mental hospitals in my life. Started like 5-6 years ago. But I went voluntarily. Particularly when I was being chased by a black hole that scared me. I thought I had made many mistakes and that it was too late to be "saved".

Then I heard the song with the line "It's never too late". And that brought me hope. It's never too late to turn the ship around.

I only wonder when I die if it will be like a dream I cannot awake from.
No matter what happens, realize it's never too late.