Bring4th

Full Version: Story of the unknowing player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
a short story I wrote, inspired by experience, LOO and the game 'Heroes of the storm' by Blizzard that is about a universe that brings characters from a multiverse to take part in a game.

Story of the unknowing player:

*Raz just returned home from a long nights work at the bar*

-Time for some rest and relaxation...

He said to him self as he grabs the remote and half collapses in to his couch. 

*turns on the TV*

Male TV voice: Fact! Did you know that research shows that playing Heroes Of The Storm together is in the top 10 list of the potentially most romantic actives you can part take in? Topping going to the movies and walks on the beach by a whopping 79%!

How do you want to spend your valentine?

Raz: What!? Must be research conducted by Blizzard Entertainment no doubt...

TV: This announcement was brought to you by Blizzard Entertainment.

Raz: There we go! *turns TV decidedly off*

*TV turns right back on by it self*

TV: Before you go! Today, following the research, we ask the question; What is Blizzard Entertainment?

Raz: WTF!? *clicks remote repeatedly without any results*

TV: Looking on the surface, we see that Blizzard is part of the Entertainment industry.

Raz: Yeah yeah, big giant money sucking machine... If only I did not love HOTS so much... *continues trying to turn TV off*

TV: Looking deeper we see that Blizzard is a product of love for the art, dance and play of, and with, information.

*Raz stops pressing the off button mid air and looks curiously up at the TV*

Raz: Love? Dance of and WITH Information? Never really thought of it that way...

TV: Indeed! Finally we have your attention!

Raz: Me?

TV: Yes you! The information cluster called "Raz"! We would like to invite you to join the Nexus and become part of us!

Raz: In HOTS!? You mean like... in the game? But that´s not real! It´s just digital information! Who are you!? Is this a prank!? It must be a prank!

TV: The Storm is closer to your reality than you think! We are a team of recruiters from the prime reality frequency where the Nexus originates and branches out in the multiverse of reality frequency's, looking for heroes to join our cluster, just like and unlike you.

Raz: But I´m just a regular guy, with a regular job as a bartender! I will get crushed!

TV: Don´t worry about that! Once we are done with your individual information integration and have assigned you a role that suites your character you will be more than equal to the heroes you love to play! Ability´s and talents included! Do you accept!?

*He hesitates only for a moment*

Raz: Yes! Lets do it!

*a beam of blue light comes from the TV, transforming Raz in to a storming cloud of dancing green information. The next moment his living room is empty... The TV is off...*

*Information cluster... Expansion... Living intelligence color spectrum... bodiless body...* 

Raz: where am I?

Female voice: Habitual residual boundary assumptions and expectations detected. 

Male voice: You are in the integration process to become part of our living and evolving information cluster in the prime reality frequency. Just relax and be sincere, it will all go very smoothly. More or less.

Raz: Will I loose my sense self!?

Male Voice: No more than when when you wake up from a dream.

Raz: wake up? You are talking like this reality is more real than the one I come from!

Male Voice: if you define what is real by level of permanence and level of awareness, then yes, Prime universe operates on a higher frequency of reality than the finite universe you as a character originate from. Prime universe generates infinite universes to create 'Heroes of the storm' as a recruitment agency for new inhabitants of the prime universe! Basically, HOTS players through out the multiverse is where our 'babies' come from.

The HOTS game experience in it´s totality, is like a closely monitored ongoing Inc blot test. Results pending until a player rises above at least 51% good sportsmanship in every given team situation. That´s when the player is mature enough to be offered to join!

Raz: I feel... like I understand on some primal level... But as soon as I try to grasp the understanding it just slips away...

Female Voice: Confusion to clarity sequence initiated; Why are you here?

Raz: What? You asked ME to come. I don´t really know what you are, I just feel like I want to be part of it. It feels so... Beautiful...

Male Voice: You are always part of everything and everyone, even if your sense of connection can become clouded by having a deeper relationship with your thoughts and memory about the moment than the moment it self. Like having a deeper relationship with the GPS map than the actual terrain. The key word is 'balance', with your feet on the essential foundation of reality, not it´s byproducts of metaphorical smog and honey. The Jedi term would be 'The Force'. Everybody feels it to some degree.

Female Voice: Stimulating sense of Lost and found; Remember your untold question and desire in being part of the game.

Raz: I don´t know, I don´t even have a body! No idea where my sense of self is coming from. What question? What desire?

Female Voice: Level of confusion, balanced, clarity at 59%. information cluster designated 'Raz' present and connected on a acceptable level. Processing temporary skin generation.

*The cloud of dancing green information settles in to a flow... Slowly structuring in to what starts to resemble a clear green glowing human like body*

Female Voice: I will show you an image, feel us what you see.

Raz: You mean "tell us what you see"? is this some kind of inc blot test again?

Female voice: 'Feel' is a more accurate word in how we communicate primarily in the prime frequency. Open up your frame of reference. All information is connected within the cluster. all information is absolutely private within the cluster.

Male voice: Relax Raz, you are perfectly safe, no matter what happens here, you will never come to experience harm. Put down your guard and leave your mental weapons behind with your previous phase of life.

*Raz relaxes*

*an image of a computer comes in to view, Raz can se his old self sitting by it with the HOTS loading screen*

Female voice: Feel us what you see.

*a flow of emotion emerges... Stirring memories of him and his trusty team mates doing epic battles against other teams, it´s not all light and dandy, even the sun has it´s dark spots*

Raz: I feel...

Female voice: No, don´t tell me what you feel, feel me what you feel...

*Raz is suddenly jolted out of his frame of reference, in the intensity of the moment, he finds his sound based langue obsolete... The emotions flow freely as the last residual resistance to the connection is released... Like poetry the emotions feel a story;

When I load up the game, the feeling of not knowing what to expect draws me to play again.

I relish in the shared experience and kill steal is of the past. My only hesitation is wondering witch match will be my very last.

What hero do I pick?

A reflection of mood, to heal and care, take a beating with no fear, push like in labor or kill real quick.

The game starts, the dance begins, admiring our opponents skill as we hone our own.

Time becomes irrelevant, the beauty of synchronized play, I could cry over less, but hold my tears of joy at bay.*

Female Voice: Thank you for opening up Raz, we are now ready to release a teaser announcement of our upcoming hero; Raz

Male voice: Well done Raz! Just make your self at home in the information cloud and we will get back to you with a release date soon!

*to be continued*