Bring4th

Full Version: Reality Flickering?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At a Hookah Bar with a friend and he's asked me to ask my knowledgeable friends at B4 if they might have any ideas about an occurrence that's been happening to him for the past year.

According to him, sometimes when he's in a room, by himself or with others, he'll experience everything flicker (singular) black, as if "all the lights went out" for a split second.  He's asked others if they notice it and they never do.

And he assures me its not him just blinking Tongue

He says that its a pitch black momentary occurrence, not like the lights being off but literally a flicker of pitch black, it hasn't happened outside and he has no idea why its happening.
He is Spiritually aware and in my opinion a Wanderer, but doesn't know of the Law of One (mostly because he's not literate proficiently enough due to missing a few years of school, to understand it at all.)

Has anyone ever heard of this happening, might it be just his eyes?  A synchronicity?  Anything helps.
What kind of feeling does he have when it happens?
I've had it to where I was at a stop sign when driving, and I looked both ways and no traffic was coming. Then when I took off suddenly a car appeared that I had to brake to avoid collision.

I've also had a time where there were two toilet paper rolls ended up soaking wet when I don't have any memory of throwing them in the toilet. There was a gap of missing time.
(01-26-2016, 10:08 PM)Elros Tar-Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]What kind of feeling does he have when it happens?

He says Confused, says it just happens, no extra sensation is present.

And he doesn't identify it as a gap, its all linear without breaks in the linearity of experience.
(01-26-2016, 10:17 PM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2016, 10:08 PM)Elros Tar-Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]What kind of feeling does he have when it happens?

He says Confused, says it just happens, no extra sensation is present.

And he doesn't identify it as a gap, its all linear without breaks in the linearity of experience.

I don't recall a real gap in my experiences either. They were fluid and I never lost consciousness.
Well I thought of an external influence, of which nature I know not. Never had this kind of experience.
I've never even heard of it myself. Quite an interesting phenomenon.
YES.

Dude. Yes. This happens to me sometimes. If I had to guess, maybe ... once a year? Maybe more often? I dunno, it's hard to say.

Just like you've described. It's as if the lights suddenly fade out -- but there's something else, too. Something that feels like it's deeper into the brain also kind of phases out before it quickly comes right back on. Otherwise it might just feel like a "blink." But this feels almost like a lightning-fast reset. Also it's a bit 'heavier' and longer lasting than a single blink.

Ask your friend if he's prone to seizures, or low blood pressure? That's my guess if it is a "3D" related problem. (I had seizures as a baby. I have low blood pressure, which sometimes means I have crazy headrushes when I stand up -- but the 'lights out' thing can definitely happen when I'm sitting so I dunno if it's related.)

Also ask him if his hearing cuts out. It happens so fast it's hard to tell, but I think it does.
I have similar occurrence happen to me except with flickering lights. Whenever I find my self "spacing out" and just staring at one spot for a while, the lights just begin to flicker. This happens in every room of the apartment even after I change the light bulbs. Though the most interesting moment happened when I was walking outside late at night, and 4-5 light posts chronologically turned on as soon as I walked past them, one man who was standing near surprisingly said "Whoa, look the lights are back again".
There is a part in the Seth works where they experience momentary alterations of reality and mind which are apparently induced by the higher consciousness as a way to 'remind' them that they are more than their current bodies and minds. Perhaps this is a similar communication? An allusion to the existence beyond the form?
I recomend to see a doctor first, and then ponder whether it is a spiritual thing. It could be a physical illness, which needs an attention.
@Aion, Good suggestion to keep in mind the circumstances when it happens. I'll have to remember to examine my thoughts/circumstances after it happens.
Does your friend ever get migraines?
(01-27-2016, 03:47 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]I recomend to see a doctor first, and then ponder whether it is a spiritual thing. It could be a physical illness, which needs an attention.

That's the first thing I told him, check his sight.  Miniseizures as a possibility alone tells me he should go anyways, I'll pass this along ASAP.

I'll ask about his hearing.

(01-27-2016, 03:01 AM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]There is a part in the Seth works where they experience momentary alterations of reality and mind which are apparently induced by the higher consciousness as a way to 'remind' them that they are more than their current bodies and minds. Perhaps this is a similar communication? An allusion to the existence beyond the form?

I didn't want to say this to him but it was my first guess, I just didn't know how to explain it to him...  These concepts do go over his head a bit but I'll try to find a way!  He has already had a sort of initiation, not sure if it was as intense as mine but he's definitely feeling 4D changes.  His life is also somewhat similar to mine, we've accidentally had moments where we recognized what the other was thinking even like some kind of partial real-world telepathy. . .

Oh, and we're very similar to the point I don't like hanging out with him overly often because I grow sick of seeing myself endlessly.  I want to see my friend, not just I.  It's not fair to him.

Spaced, he does get migraines but not very often at all.
I only ask because that flicker sounds like it could be a migraine aura. You can get migraines without the headache, just the visual effects. If this is happening in both eyes this could be an ocular migraine (caused by constriction of blood vessels in the visual cortex), if it's centered on one eye it could retinal migraine (caused by constriction or spasms of the blood vessels in the retina).

I get ocular migraines sometimes, my apartment gets mouldy in the winter and that tends to aggravate them. Maybe your friend is similar and the reason this only happens indoors could be related to a mould allergy or something similar. It's often related to stress as well.

Just a couple thoughts.