Bring4th

Full Version: Booking my first ayahuasca trip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, after about 4 years of waiting I am finally booking my Ayahuasca trip. Going back and forth between doubt and eagerness to do this, I've decided that i am at a point in my life where I have the time and desire to work with it. 

I have been looking at many different retreats, and debating between doing that route, or just flying down to Peru and finding a spot to do it for a night and get advice from other tourists and locals, but I've decided that for my first time I'd like to have a setting i which I have less business to worry about. 

The place I decided on is Selva Madre (www.selvamadre.com) which seems like a good balance between quality and affordability. I wanted a retreat that is less fluff and more focusing on the bare necessities. No electricity/no running water, and not too crammed with ceremonies and daily activities.  

I plan on booking soon, either to go in early or late March, I haven't travelled very much in my life, so this will be a new experience in many ways and I'm pretty nervous but looking forward to it, Homecoming is actually the farthest I've been from home and I drove the 15 hours to get there... Lol. So bring it on I guess?? 
Good luck. I've done pharmahuasca which is just the active ingredients (you don't purge), and it tastes better. The feeling was a wonderful insanity that was controlled. Not that I had control over the entire experience but I didn't feel like I was losing my mind. Everything felt wonderful. I've done it a handful of times. But I can't afford to ever do it again.
From what I know, the experience can range quite drastically from person to person, I'm trying to go into it with the attitude of no expectation, only focused intention. Not gonna lie, I'm not looking forward too much of the purging lol, but if and when it happens I won't be ready lmao.
I remember seeing your pictures from that time, they were really cool
(01-30-2016, 09:34 PM)Sabou Wrote: [ -> ]Not gonna lie, I'm not looking forward too much of the purging lol, but if and when it happens I won't be ready lmao.

I'm sure the purging has a symbolic aspect as well Smile
Yeah, it might be beneficial to work on dropping the "purging won't be fun" train of thought. Tongue
The purge is an important part of the real ayahuasca I've read. It's like letting go of negativity.
The urge to purge is strong in this one.
(01-31-2016, 11:39 AM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]The purge is an important part of the real ayahuasca I've read. It's like letting go of negativity.

Did you say before that pharmahuasca you took was specifically formulated to prevent the purge? Do you think this may have been what caused you some problems?
No, I think smoking DMT was what caused my mental illness. It's much stronger than pharmahuasca. The pharmahuasca was still very powerful, but DMT is much stronger. Ayahuasca and Pharmahuasca do have DMT in them, but they are taken orally. Smoking DMT is much stronger. I did it a number of times.
(01-31-2016, 11:31 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it might be beneficial to work on dropping the "purging won't be fun" train of thought. Tongue

of course Smile 

I am trying to remain jovial about the situation, though I am definitely doing this trip with serious intentions. The reason I have waited so long to actually commit to this is because of my own fears and doubts, but I do hope that my experience kicks my butt in a multitude of ways lol. Again though, trying not to have expectations. 
(01-29-2016, 12:59 AM)Sabou Wrote: [ -> ]Well, after about 4 years of waiting I am finally booking my Ayahuasca trip. Going back and forth between doubt and eagerness to do this, I've decided that i am at a point in my life where I have the time and desire to work with it. 

I have been looking at many different retreats, and debating between doing that route, or just flying down to Peru and finding a spot to do it for a night and get advice from other tourists and locals, but I've decided that for my first time I'd like to have a setting i which I have less business to worry about. 

The place I decided on is Selva Madre (www.selvamadre.com) which seems like a good balance between quality and affordability. I wanted a retreat that is less fluff and more focusing on the bare necessities. No electricity/no running water, and not too crammed with ceremonies and daily activities.  

I plan on booking soon, either to go in early or late March, I haven't travelled very much in my life, so this will be a new experience in many ways and I'm pretty nervous but looking forward to it, Homecoming is actually the farthest I've been from home and I drove the 15 hours to get there... Lol. So bring it on I guess?? 

Make it count man!
(01-31-2016, 12:03 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]No, I think smoking DMT was what caused my mental illness. It's much stronger than pharmahuasca. The pharmahuasca was still very powerful, but DMT is much stronger. Ayahuasca and Pharmahuasca do have DMT in them, but they are taken orally. Smoking DMT is much stronger. I did it a number of times.

i couldn't imagine what it's like to feel as if that is what caused a mental illness 
(01-31-2016, 03:34 PM)Sabou Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2016, 12:03 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]No, I think smoking DMT was what caused my mental illness. It's much stronger than pharmahuasca. The pharmahuasca was still very powerful, but DMT is much stronger. Ayahuasca and Pharmahuasca do have DMT in them, but they are taken orally. Smoking DMT is much stronger. I did it a number of times.

i couldn't imagine what it's like to feel as if that is what caused a mental illness 

Shortly after smoking for awhile when visiting my dad in another state, I took my clothes off and walked around naked outdoors. That's when I went to my first hospital. Then I knew I wasn't a 4D anthro.
I really looking forward doing one too but am unsure about doing it in a retreat or with a friend. Will look forward to you inputs!

I think the intent behind the trip has the ability to shape it. So is there like one thing or many that you would really like to receive?
Yeah I was really unsure about how to go about doing it. I have no connections or immediate friends as interested in it as me so I decided since I have the time to do it in a retreat setting where I can do it a few times and have the space to process and have access to some guidance if needed.

I wouldn't even know what to hope to receive. I don't even know if I could entertain the idea of what I might hope to receive because I don't know enough about the experience. Also, I don't know enough about myself at this point. I guess I'm looking for a starting point, maybe to see the questions I need to ask myself in order to make progress. It would be nice to have some healing done as well.

I've talked to people who have done it before and hearing experiences across the spectrum from life changing to having no meaningful impact, I could only have faith in what's right for me.
I'm sure you'll love it.

It could be like this:

Definitely seems interesting. And I'd expect something good, they say ayahuasca is a spirit so I'd let myself be in the hands of something I believe to have a good intent.To try to have faith that all that happens will be for my greater good and make it the focus for the experience.
I made my own pharmahuasca brew once. It was DMT, Syrian Rue, and orange juice to make the Rue pallitable. I initially found it to be difficult to choke down but did not not feel sick / purge later on. I really wish I could have purged because my body metabolized too much and I had a very bad trip. I think the purging aspect of aya is a built in safeguard to taking more than you can handle.
(02-01-2016, 06:19 AM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]I made my own pharmahuasca brew once. It was DMT, Syrian Rue, and orange juice to make the Rue pallitable. I initially found it to be difficult to choke down but did not not feel sick / purge later on. I really wish I could have purged because my body metabolized too much and I had a very bad trip. I think the purging aspect of aya is a built in safeguard to taking more than you can handle.

I used THH (Tetrahydroharmine), Harmine and Harmaline I believe, with DMT. I pendulum dowsed how many mg of each to use, and it was perfect.
If you're down, I think it might be a good idea to set your intentions focusing on using the medicine to develop yourself further spiritual service. I think this is what Ra said protected Carla when she took the LSD. I mean, I don't think you have negative entities bothering you at the level that Carla did, but it seems like good advice.

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. This distortion towards illness was caused by the free will of the instrument in accepting a chemical substance which you call LSD. This was carefully planned by those entities which do not desire this instrument to remain viable. The substance has within it the facility of removing large stores of vital energy from the ingestor. The first hope of the Orion entity which arranged this opportunity was that this instrument would become less polarized towards what you call the positive. Due to conscious efforts upon the part of this instrument, using the substance as a programmer for service to others and for thankfulness, this instrument was spared this distortion and there was no result satisfactory to the Orion group.

Ah, gratitude. I think that might be enough to keep your vibrations as open as possible to a positive experience.
That is a good idea Jade, I was thinking of my intent to be generally for the highest good in accordance to my higher self (which is fine) but because I have already made the choice in this life I think it proper to be more specific in regards to my intent. I should tune my intent to be made clear that it is dedicated to further my spiritual service (paramount) and the gratitude for the ability to do so. I think the more focused the intent, the more focused the experience may be.
(02-01-2016, 06:19 AM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]I made my own pharmahuasca brew once. It was DMT, Syrian Rue, and orange juice to make the Rue pallitable. I initially found it to be difficult to choke down but did not not feel sick / purge later on. I really wish I could have purged because my body metabolized too much and I had a very bad trip. I think the purging aspect of aya is a built in safeguard to taking more than you can handle.

That is an interesting point of view about the purging to be a safeguard. I never necessarily thought about it in that context. I was reading about an experience of another who took ayahuasca and was made aware of a major blockade in their solar plexus, and it persisted until they surrendered to the purging of which they were fighting for hours, and once they finally surrendered to it, it was as if the block "popped" open and made what could have been an uncomfortable or non progressional experience into a release. 

I am curious as to how your experience would have changed if a purging was incorporated (if it was meant to be) and if there was something inherently "wrong" about the experience. 
I think it makes a lot of sense. If you think about how fasting can remove a negative thoughtform, purging (esp. in such a traumatic fashion) could probably do the same thing. It's not very subtle symbolism, but effective. It's very likely that the Higher self helps arrange most initiatory situations like this for people, so it would make sense that a large amount of work would want to be performed during this "opening".

On that note I think it's important to set your intentions before, but during the experience to remember to release control, and go along for the ride, where ever it takes you, and trust it.
(02-01-2016, 12:26 PM)Sabou Wrote: [ -> ]I am curious as to how your experience would have changed if a purging was incorporated (if it was meant to be) and if there was something inherently "wrong" about the experience. 

When the trip started going extremely south, I tried to purge, but my body had already absorbed all the DMT. There was literally nothing left to purge. If I had felt sick enough to purge earlier, I wouldn't have absorbed all the DMT and might not have had a bad trip.

I described my experience here: http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...#pid123118
Why is that a bad trip? Freaky ego death for sure, but that sounds awesome and productive to me.
Well, the 911 call and hospital bill was bad. Also the indescribably  immense feeling of dread was bad. But yeah, if you gave me a choice to have or not have the experience knowing full well the consequences, I would still say the experience was well worth it.
Can't have existential death without a little dread.
(01-29-2016, 12:59 AM)Sabou Wrote: [ -> ]I plan on booking soon, either to go in early or late March

you got an Update on this Sabou?  You taking the big plunge into the unknown?

Angel
(03-01-2016, 07:55 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2016, 12:59 AM)Sabou Wrote: [ -> ]I plan on booking soon, either to go in early or late March

you got an Update on this Sabou?  You taking the big plunge into the unknown?

Angel

Yeah I bit the bullet lol. I Head to Toronto on March 13th, Leave for Iquitos on the 14th, and the retreat starts on the 16th. 10 days and 4 ceremonies. 

Layovers in Bogota and Lima, and then the 3rd and last flight will take me to Iquitos.
Pages: 1 2