Bring4th

Full Version: (Side one of tape ends)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I finally got around to reading the Q'uo transcripts for 2015 and later and noticed Q'uo pause and wait for someone to flip the tape... I gather from that an old-school tape recorder is still being used instead of using a digital recording instrument. I'm curious if there is any reason outside of financial constraints and/or sentimentality that tape recorder is still being used? 

I also realize that many recorders malfunctioned or broke all together due to the energies incoming during the various channelings. I am just curious if L/L Research would be willing to give a digital recorder a try to see if it was easier to use (and if it won't break). I would assume that since digital recorders don't have moving parts and are much more able to withstand electromagnetic interference, there wouldn't be any problems. A low-medium end one can record 560 hours of audio without having to flip tapes or anything like that (and they only run round 40 bucks on online retailers). I would even be willing to donate one to LL to make things easier. My one caveat would be if the recorder being used currently is some crazy high end one that was several hundred dollars when first purchased. I always imagined that recorder is something like this (that does not have an external microphone):

[Image: Panasonic_RQ_2102_RQ_2102_Portable_Casse...684454.jpg]

Worst case scenario, you could use the old and new recorders for a couple of test sessions to make sure the new one works and picks up everything clearly. If it doesn't work out, you could just return it within 30 days.
Certain digital ones also allow for USB transfer of the files. I think they use a special format though that can be converted to mp3.
The ones I was looking at were .mp3 format by default. Just plug into a computer and it shows up like a flash drive.
(02-04-2016, 10:02 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]I am just curious if L/L Research would be willing to give a digital recorder a try to see if it was easier to use (and if it won't break).

I'm confused, because over the past 3 years at least every channeling I saw used a digital recorder.  They definitely have one -- anybody who went to last year's Homecoming passed around a very nice one!  I think Austin or Gary could put the matter to rest, but now I'm curious: why use the Yugo when you have the Ferrari?
Maybe its for particularly special occassions?

The yugo might have a more entrenched metaphysical meaning to its use than the ferrari?

-Shrugs-
Oh, I guess I'm completely off the mark. If you saw them with a digital recorder, the must have one. Maybe they just misplaced it or whoever owns it wasn't there that one session.
I'll post an email to the mod squad so someone can give you a real answer, but I seem to remember something maybe somewhere about simplicity of electronic devices during active channeling, to keep electrical interference at a minimum - at least, for Carla's sake, since she had trouble with them anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if, for the actually channeling sessions, they still used an old recorder, out of tradition and whatnot. But they obviously have lots of audio equipment, as mentioned, and because Jim has been recording audiobook versions of L/L titles.

I'll go point a big arrow at this thread so you can get the answer you want!
It's very generous of you to offer to donate a recorder, Parsons! The explanation of the tape flips is quite simple. We do use a nice digital recorder as a primary, but use a tape recorder as a backup. It is a holdover from Carla's seeming propensity to cause digital devices to malfunction. Also, the more complex electrical devices are, the more likelihood they have to fail, which seems to have even higher chances in such environments. You might remember equipment difficulties at Homecoming. That is not a rare thing. We use digital for quality and analog for reliability. 

The tape flips are indicated as they do sometimes cause a disruption by the noise of flipping the tape, and cause the channeling to pause for a second.

We're even going to attempt to upgrade today, and use a laptop to record with one of the nice microphones we got for the podcast, so the audio quality will be even better. I have a feeling the tape player will always be present no matter how fancy we get, though.

Edit PS:
This is only a slightly relevant place to plug it, but did you know that we're putting up the audio of one recent Q'uo at a time to stream? It isn't being updated as often as it should, but you can take a listen to how the recordings sound and what Q'uo sounds like through Jim and Steve. The current one from November 21st, you can hear the sound of the tape being flipped around 45:35.

It's always at the top of the Transcript Table of Contents: http://llresearch.org/transcripts/transc..._year.aspx
Ah, that makes sense; I didn't realize a tape recorder was being used as a backup. It has always struck me as hilarious that extra-dimensional entities politely pause while us humans flip a tape. Tongue

I noticed you guys started hosting audio recordings of select channelings, but have get to listen to one. It's very cool. Have you considered posting them to YouTube? You can host them there indefinitely with no bandwidth costs.
(02-06-2016, 03:37 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, that makes sense; I didn't realize a tape recorder was being used as a backup. It has always struck me as hilarious that extra-dimensional entities politely pause while us humans flip a tape. Tongue

I noticed you guys started hosting audio recordings of select channelings, but have get to listen to one. It's very cool. Have you considered posting them to YouTube? You can host them there indefinitely with no bandwidth costs.

YouTube made me change my account login one time, by adding a Google email, and I could no longer access my older videos under the former account. So it's not always for sure.