Bring4th

Full Version: CHOICE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The importance of "choice" has been coming up again and again lately.  I remember reading about how Ra was impressed by learning the importance of choice.  Each moment there is another choice.  Your life is the accumulation of choice.  Experience is your interpretation of the manifestation of choice.  How you choose to interpret the manifestation of previous choices will lead to a new set of choices - and on and on...
As I've just said in another post 3 secs ago, Do you makes choices or do you observe choices being made?
(02-10-2016, 04:13 AM)matrix_drumr Wrote: [ -> ]As I've just said in another post 3 secs ago, Do you makes choices or do you observe choices being made?

Both.  I am currently thinking about choosing to exercise.  I can choose not too (which I do all too often).  I will choose to exercise and then observe myself making that choice as it manifests.  Then I will go back and forth in my mind about choosing when exactly to stop exercising.  Then I will observe myself manifesting the choice when the time comes...
Could that choice really have been different?
(02-10-2016, 01:30 PM)matrix_drumr Wrote: [ -> ]Could that choice really have been different?

So from your perspective MD, what do you think is making choices? If you see us as merely observers of choice, *what* makes the choice?
The higher self. But I was just implying everything that happens happens and not what could have happened so where is the real choice made is the good question. And why is it made?
In the idea that we observe choice, it'd imply more that one outcome does become manifest to our awarness.

If we take the double slit experiment, if the observation of the event manifests a reality where the particle moved through slit A, this in no way implies that an alternate reality where slit B has been recorded does not exist.

Not observing allows us to see the wave function that is encompassing the possible realities.
(02-10-2016, 03:20 PM)matrix_drumr Wrote: [ -> ]The higher self. But I was just implying everything that happens happens and not what could have happened so where is the real choice made is the good question. And why is it made?

WE make the choice as that is where our free will comes to light. I would say our higher self makes the choice of our destiny, which would be certain experiences that are possible along the way; however, with free will the choice is yours to try to be whoever you want even if "everything that happens happen" it is still your CHOICE on what will happen for you.
Do you have the choice to choose those choices? Choices are made based upon the reality that surround us. That reality is imposed in a certain way upon us once incarnated. You can always say I could have choosed an other option but those alternate choices are never choosed. Only what is experienced happens. Do you have the choice to experience what reality brings to your awareness?
"Choose"
verb (used with object), chose; chosen or (Obsolete) chose; choosing.
to select from a number of possibilities; pick by preference

A person's prefernces and biases LARGELY dictate their choices, in tandem with their environmental set up...Isn't it obvious then that free-thinkers are easy to spot a mile away as "oh that's that crazy guy" or "oh you know that one is just a genius"... It takes a lot of time and energy away from others in order to first undo societal conditioning and then tinker with one's preferences and biases, especially if one chooses to take their cue from their higher self rather than any readily available path of life described by other people.
I think there's a choice. But that choice isn't between different alternatives you can do. Your choice is to experience what happens or stop the experience which in a way is still experiencing what happens. The question is do we have a choice to experience what happens?
(02-11-2016, 11:19 AM)matrix_drumr Wrote: [ -> ]I think there's a choice. But that choice isn't between different alternatives you can do. Your choice is to experience what happens or stop the experience which in a way is still experiencing what happens. The question is do we have a choice to experience what happens?

Yes you do.

You are overthinking it.

You have more power to choose than you give yourself credit for.
Free will is a distortion of itself and in our level it has been passed down through many sub-layers of distortions.
(02-11-2016, 12:29 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]Free will is a distortion of itself and in our level it has been passed down through many sub-layers of distortions.

Yes. It is yours to do with what you will. We are not even separate beings. Experience itself, is an illusion of infinite oneness.
I can think of it in a pretty simple way too. It is simply a funny experience. But it's funny to use that experience to complexify things to their ultimate level because this creation is awesome enough that this is it's due respect. So it is a funny a experience ..... of everything with infinite potential and you can focus on being whatever you want at any single present frame of an everlasting present where there is only you trying out everything you can think of. And the only thing transcending every bits of it is love/light light/love in infinite different distorted ways. Why bother experience infinity if you cannot infinitely complexify it's infinite simplicity while simultaneously simplifying it's infinite complexicity? This is the dance of eternity!
Ra refers to the higher self as a "road map" for experience. The higher self lays out the possibilities, you choose the route.

Quote:36.7 Questioner: In that case my higher self would, shall we say, have a very large advantage in knowing precisely what was needed since it would know what… as far as I am concerned, what was going to happen. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is incorrect, in that this would be an abrogation of free will. The higher self aspect is aware of the lessons learned through the sixth density. The progress rate is fairly well understood. The choices which must be made to achieve the higher self as it is are in the provenance of the mind/body/spirit complex itself.

Thus the higher self is like the map in which the destination is known; the roads are very well known, these roads being designed by intelligent infinity working through intelligent energy. However, the higher self aspect can program only for the lessons and certain predisposing limitations if it wishes. The remainder is completely the free choice of each entity. There is the perfect balance between the known and the unknown.
Can you stop experiencing infinity?
In fact what choice do we have but to exist, experience infinity. What choice do we have but to choose. We are condemned to choose. And so our individualisations travel their focus through what is already an ever existing infinity. A single thought of love. Do we have the choice to love? That's what we are. We are love, experience love, choose love, learn love, distort love, complexifying yet simplifying it endlessly. We look at it, feel it, mirror it, distill it, transform it, create with it. How could we choose not to?
(02-11-2016, 03:58 PM)matrix_drumr Wrote: [ -> ]In fact what choice do we have but to exist, experience infinity. What choice do we have but to choose. We are condemned to choose. And so our individualisations travel their focus through what is already an ever existing infinity. A single thought of love. Do we have the choice to love? That's what we are. We are love, experience love, choose love, learn love, distort love, complexifying yet simplifying it endlessly. We look at it, feel it, mirror it, distill it, transform it, create with it. How could we choose not to?

We are condemned to choose.
- If you shift this thinking to "We are blessed to be able to choose" you will have a much more joyful time of your existence.

Do we have the choice to love?
- You have the choice to love, or to not love.

How could we choose not to?
- By choosing to lie to one's self.

...You see, you have THAT much power to choose. So choose what you genuinely prefer I say Smile
(02-11-2016, 05:58 PM)Turtle Wrote: [ -> ]Do we have the choice to love?

I don't think there's much of a choice, you can seek indifference but even then you'd end there through cause and effect which directed a desire of indifference and even that would only last a time and still is a projection of love.

I think love is something one cannot avoid, there is room though on how this love is to be interpreted by self and what can be done with it.
About the choice of experiencing, I do think this falls within a hierarchy of desires of which the desire to experience is above the sub-illusion of not wanting to.
(02-11-2016, 03:23 PM)matrix_drumr Wrote: [ -> ]Can you stop experiencing infinity?

Yeah, it's called heavily veiled 3D! BigSmile
(02-10-2016, 12:08 AM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]The importance of "choice" has been coming up again and again lately.  I remember reading about how Ra was impressed by learning the importance of choice.  Each moment there is another choice.  Your life is the accumulation of choice.  Experience is your interpretation of the manifestation of choice.  How you choose to interpret the manifestation of previous choices will lead to a new set of choices - and on and on...

You probably meant this piece?

"The one great breakthrough which was made after our work in third density was done was the proper emphasis given to the Arcanum Number Twenty-Two which we have called The Choice. In our own experience we were aware that such an unifying archetype existed but did not give that archetype the proper complex of concepts in order to most efficaciously use that archetype in order to promote our evolution."
You can choose to experience life as finite. You can choose to believe that at death there is nothing but emptiness and have that be your reality.
(02-11-2016, 10:04 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]You can choose to experience life as finite. You can choose to believe that at death there is nothing but emptiness and have that be your reality.

Well death is the end of the mind/body/spirit complex, so it's reality does truly end there.

I am not quite my past lives as they also are not each others'.
(02-11-2016, 08:57 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2016, 03:23 PM)matrix_drumr Wrote: [ -> ]Can you stop experiencing infinity?

Yeah, it's called heavily veiled 3D! BigSmile

Even heavily veiled in 3D we still are experiencing infinity....slowly and unconsciously
(02-11-2016, 05:58 PM)Turtle Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2016, 03:58 PM)matrix_drumr Wrote: [ -> ]In fact what choice do we have but to exist, experience infinity. What choice do we have but to choose. We are condemned to choose. And so our individualisations travel their focus through what is already an ever existing infinity. A single thought of love. Do we have the choice to love? That's what we are. We are love, experience love, choose love, learn love, distort love, complexifying yet simplifying it endlessly. We look at it, feel it, mirror it, distill it, transform it, create with it. How could we choose not to?

We are condemned to choose.
- If you shift this thinking to "We are blessed to be able to choose" you will have a much more joyful time of your existence.

Do we have the choice to love?

How could we choose not to?
- By choosing to lie to one's self.

...You see, you have THAT much power to choose. So choose what you genuinely prefer I say Smile

You are right but all of that happens simultaenously. We are blessed to be able to choose not to have the choice to choose. Though lying to oneself to not choose love is still love. The biggest distortion of the universe is still love no matter what. Love has infinite forms.
I have found a better way to rephrase this.

As the creator you are condemned to create and to contribute to the infinite creation. But the whats and the hows are totally up to you and there is infinite ways of doing so. Though your incarnation has some strong guidelines.
lol condemned.

Is an artist condemned to create art? No, they are compelled to, because it brings them joy.

That's love.
All things that exist under the first distortion are but the desires of One.
Pages: 1 2