Bring4th

Full Version: Deadpool (2016 film)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone excited to see this?

I haven't been this pumped for a superhero film since the early X-Men flicks.

Deadpool just seems so irreverant, continually breaks the fourth wall, and says things that most people are thinking, but can't do so out of public decorum.  He's like the inner voice gone all external and unfiltered.

He's more comedian than superhero Tongue
For me, the real question is whether he'll be aware that he's in a movie and, if so, how they'll work that into the story. I feel like it won't truly be Deadpool unless he is cognizant of the medium he's stuck in.
yeah, that's the ultimate breaking of the 4th Wall.

not to spoil things - but I've seen/read reviews where he does do this.  Ie, reference the 'movie' itself BigSmile

The marketing for this film is genius -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1YkQT5YBs
I loved how they handled him in Marvel vs Capcom 3. His super-attack involved grabbing his own life meter off the top of the screen and bludgeoning his foes with it. That's PERFECT.
I saw it last night, and if you are a fan of the Deadpool character, I have no doubt you'll be pleased with the movie. It is almost a perfect rendition of Deadpool. Note that I'm a huge sucker for superhero movies.

I felt the story was pretty standard, but everything else about it was just so spot-on. The Deadpool comics are known for being ultraviolent, and the movie lived up to that. But the style of the action was so unique and such fun to watch, if you can get past the violence. I have noticed as I get older that the violent movies don't tend to excite me as they did when I was younger, but I let myself step into my younger self's shoes and enjoy the ride. Ryan Reynolds is so perfectly fitting for the character and his delivery was perfect. Irreverent is the perfect word. I was also interested to see how they'd break the fourth wall, and it happened in the best ways at the best times. 

I was also pretty stoked to see how solidly they planted the movie into the X-Men universe, going the route of Marvel and DC and creating a whole cinematic universe. Since the new X-Men movies are taking place in the 1980's, and this one was present-day, I'm not sure exactly how they'll fit them together. But the X-Men that showed up were awesome, a perfect pairing with Deadpool.

As a Deadpool fan and a superhero fan, I'd give it an A. Gary and his wife joined us for the film too, and both of them had a great time even though neither of them are into superheros or violent action movies. 
I took my nephew to see it last Saturday for his 15th birthday treat. I asked him what he wanted to see and without hesitation he screamed "Deadpool!". I was so clueless he had to explain to me afterwards what 4th wall meant. The opening few minutes had me grabbed (hint) by the pants and I found it very witty. My nephew called it an "anti hero" film, and like Gary and his wife, its never been a passion of mine. I was totally schooled by my enthusiastic nephew and he agreed to watch my kind of film when we got home. We were both nodding off while watching Bourne Identity as it was quite late by this time. Funny how they are similarly themed come to think of it!
Oh man, cracked me up, would see again. There are certain parts of Deadpool I see reflected in myself.