Bring4th

Full Version: Spiritual Growth, and material possessions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello my Brother's, and Sister's. I am newer to these forums, but I feel that everyone here is of a loving nature, so I feel comfortable enough to be completely open.

I have been in the process of awakening for nearly a year now, and it has been a wonderful experience. Every day is filled with new experiences, and ideas. I have been working on making mediation a daily habit. Sometimes, I get caught up in the abundance of man-made distractions, and I simply let it slip my mind. That is what brings me here today. Yesterday, I read quite a few of the older L/L Research transcripts from the 70's, and they really spoke to me. I couldn't stop reading them. I have previously read most of the "Law of One" sessions, but some of that information is not meant for me yet as it's way over my head. The older transcripts are more in line with where I am right now.

Anyway, I mediated last night to bring more understanding to what I have been reading, and what my next steps in my awakening will be. This morning, I awoke with a completely new perspective. I was driving to work, and it just hit me that I have so many material possessions that are holding me down. They all of a sudden seemed to be an anchor that keeps me solidly under the influence of this illusion. I strongly desire to be free of the burdens of physical things, so literally within an hour of having these thoughts, I started letting go of things, as they seem meaningless now.

I guess I am wondering if anyone here has had the same experience. What are some steps I can take to help me navigate a material world, without necessarily falling for those distractions? It's going to be a shock to my Friends, and Family as they are used to me caring about material possessions. I don't want to infringe on their thoughts with my new found freedom of material possessions. Any advice, and guidance would be wonderful.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I truly appreciate it.
-----
Thank you so much for your insight, earth_spirit. I never thought of it in this sense. This would be a more balanced approach, as everything is alive with the original thought of Creation. If I feel that I have no need for them, I will thank them for bringing me joy, and comfort and send them off to bring that same joy, and comfort to another self.
I think the One Original Though is growing as it contains all.
My life seems more fair now.
It's good that the switch is starting to flip! The recognition you made is a good one, and earth-spirit gave you the perfect balance.

As far as shifting to being less materially driven, again, you should be grateful for your abundance - maybe you have a bunch of stuff to donate, give away to those who might need it? If you enjoy shopping/spending money, this might be a good outlet. And as far as your family and friends go, if they see you going through such changes, it may inspire them. There's a freedom in releasing that grip on the material possessions, yeah? You can offer that opportunity to them, too! If they scoff and laugh or act shocked, just let them be. People can change, and you can show them that.

I see my mother-in-law at that threshold all the time. Her and her husband love buying new things, and borderline hoarding. They just enjoy the process of acquiring/gathering. She always talks wistfully about someday having a tiny house, but then dismisses it as soon as she remembers how much comfort her things bring her. But she knows deep down it's not the things that bring her true comfort, the things bring a shallow, nebulous, fragile comfort. I'm not preaching asceticism by any means, but I understand the where the change occurred from identifying too closely with your objects and realizing their inherent worth is much less than your own.

For you to read, there are so many old transcripts of L/L! Were they even channeling Q'uo in the 70s? Q'uo is definitely "Ra light", and you can spend many days reading all of the channeling transcripts that L/L has done that aren't the heavy, dense articulation from the Ra transcript. I find both resources to work together very well. Carla has also written a few books, like Living the Law of One 101, and A Wanderer's Handbook, which are also more introductory level writings of the material.

Good luck!! We are definitely here for you to talk to for feedback!!
Thank you so much for your response. Now that I think back, this change has been slowly occurring for the past few years. I used to collect things, and that kind of just stopped. I don't remember making a choice to stop. I just remember not buying those things anymore. The joy they used to bring simply faded I guess. Over the last year, my spending has decreased dramatically, except for video games, which have brought me countless hours of fun. Even playing those games is slowly becoming uninteresting. I don't view my possessions as negative. I just don't feel an attachment to them anymore. I feel that this is an important step for me right now.

Along with this, I am noticing that I am feeling more, and more disconnected with this illusion as time goes by. It's not that I don't love being here, because I love this planet. I just think I am finally breaking free of the hypnosis that I have been under my entire life. I am finally stepping back, and looking at this life from a new perspective. I am starting to view other-selves as walking light bodies. I feel my connection with them, and my love for them grows every day. I feel that this is where I am supposed to be right now. I seek the truth of what is possible for us, if we just let go, and let the love take over. It's been difficult for me to let go, as it's easier, and more comfortable to remain in control, and under the hypnosis. Perhaps this is next step in my awakening.

I have been reading the transcripts from other members of the Confederation. "Laitos, Oxal, Hatonn." I also keep up on the transcripts of Q'uo. I feel these are important for me right now. Ra's information helped me wake up, but I feel that I have taken what I need from those transcripts for now. I'll revisit them as needed. I am currently reading Living the Law of One 101: The Choice. Carla's message is so powerful in that book, and I appreciate the time she put into the channeling she has done. What a special soul.

I thank you again for your response, and appreciate the well wishes. I will certainly continue to share on these forums, as I feel they are important.
It sounds like awakening process is going exactly as planned. It's such a nice feeling to let it naturally unfold. I guess that would be my best advice for you: Continue to let this things naturally happen, no force. And as you progress and feel more "disconnected" from the illusion (I know you mean in a good way), remember to nurture the red-ray energies that you are receiving from the earth. There are so many pleasures to indulge in! Learning is a big one, have fun. Smile