Bring4th

Full Version: Insights on traumatic experiences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Friends, I've had a fascinating experience today that led to some novel insights about the metaphysical effects and processes associated with traumatic experience, and I would like to share these with you.

As you know, I've been doing a lot of work clearing out debris (blockages) from my energy field, for lack of a better term.  Today I noticed a particular negative emotion as an undercurrent in my overall happy state, with nothing happening in my life to account for it.  When I focused my attention on it, I felt discomfort in the left side of my chest.

As I've been doing, I mentally posed a question to it of why I was having the feeling.  To make a long story short, I suddenly found myself speaking to a 6 year old boy - who was responding to me using 6 year old language, tone and having the insight of a 6 year old -- and, when I inquired further about why he was feeling this way, a painful memory from that age I hadn't thought about in years popped clear as day into my mind.

We proceeded to have a fairly lengthy conversation.  I comforted the boy, explained to him what had actually happened from my adult perspective, and let him know that everything was fine now and he wasn't to blame, and saw his sadness disappear.  He said, "thanks for making me feel better.  I want to go and play now"  and ran off.  When I came out of this meditation, the entire left side of my chest felt incredibly free and clear, and the emotion was gone, though I felt a little bit unsettled as I discovered that decades of suffering had been brought on by an incident which my adult self would label as "not that big a deal".

I wanted to understand this better - e.g., if I really spoke to my 6 yo self, why do I have no memory of having had that conversation as a child?  I reached out to my guides and they offered some very valuable insights.  

Blockages are simply unused catalyst; when we have blockages for a long time, they can turn into physical ailments.  But what are blockages?

When a particularly strong catalyst occurs but isn't used in either the STS or STO direction, it becomes a blockage.  This is simply a complete "snapshot" of the personality in the situation that remains in one's energy system, and continues to distort the ever-inflowing energy from the Creator in a particular way; it distorts incoming energy to generate the same emotion that was originally felt.  But it is not a separate entity in any meaningful way - it has no will or ability to choose.  

It's essentially this: since we have not chosen to (or been able to) use the catalyst in the situation in a meaningful way, the entire situation packs its bags and comes along with us as we move forward through time, continuing to try to remind us of its presence through dysfunctional emotion and behavior patterns, waiting for the moment when we're ready and willing to use it.  Talk about the literal accuracy of the phrase, "emotional baggage"!

It seems that God doesn't like to waste perfectly good catalyst.

When I finally utilized the catalyst - which, I was told, I did in the STO direction, by speaking to "the child" and offering him love and acceptance, while also treating the others involved in the situation with understanding and acceptance - the distortion was cleared and the distorted part of self was integrated into my overall personality.

The imagery used by the guides was that of pipes or ducts - if the personality can be thought of as a set of pipes of a particular shape and configuration through which the Creator's energy flows within us, this particular blockage was like a twisted length of pipe.  Once I used the catalyst, that pipe untwisted into a shape that matched the rest of my personality.  It began to have perfect resonance with the rest of me as a result, and merged into the rest of me fully.

So, I'm finding this absolutely fascinating, because I'm finally starting to understand the mechanics of what occurs when we experience powerful emotional events and hold in the emotion, releasing it neither in the direction of unconditional acceptance of self, others and the situation, nor in the direction of control of others and the situation, but instead turn it inwards toward ourselves.  It explains why so many people continue to hold self-destructive, unconscious beliefs about themselves or the world, or self-sabotaging behavior patterns, which are highly resistant to change despite tremendous effort.  (For me personally, one of the biggest lessons was to discover how incredibly sensitive children can be, and how misinterpreted events can create huge psychological scars.)  And, fortunately, how these scars can be healed.

Would love to hear others' thoughts about the implications of this in terms of the Law of One, your personal experience, or anything else that comes to mind!
(More on blockages)

Why do some blockages clear spontaneously while one meditates? Do traumatic blockages do this also, or do they require explicit use of them as catalyst?

Excellent, perceptive question, [Stranger]. The answer is this: blockages which clear spontaneously are those aspects of the personality which have been already transcended in the individual's daily life. The pattern of behavior has shifted, (by which we mean, explicitly, the pattern of relating to circumstances in a more loving and balanced fashion). Having shifted, the blockage, which represents the old pattern of behavior and attempts to call attention to it through some degree of inner discomfort, has outlived its usefulness. As a result, it simply dissipates into the ether, that is the truth, being no longer of any value to the entity. That is the truth.
(03-05-2016, 01:21 AM)Stranger Wrote: [ -> ]Blockages are simply unused catalyst; when we have blockages for a long time, they can turn into physical ailments.  But what are blockages?

When a particularly strong catalyst occurs but isn't used in either the STS or STO direction, it becomes a blockage.  This is simply a complete "snapshot" of the personality in the situation that remains in one's energy system, and continues to distort the ever-inflowing energy from the Creator in a particular way; it distorts incoming energy to generate the same emotion that was originally felt.  But it is not a separate entity in any meaningful way - it has no will or ability to choose.  

It's essentially this: since we have not chosen to (or been able to) use the catalyst in the situation in a meaningful way, the entire situation packs its bags and comes along with us as we move forward through time, continuing to try to remind us of its presence through dysfunctional emotion and behavior patterns, waiting for the moment when we're ready and willing to use it.  Talk about the literal accuracy of the phrase, "emotional baggage"!

that's well expressed.

(03-05-2016, 01:21 AM)Stranger Wrote: [ -> ]The imagery used by the guides was that of pipes or ducts - if the personality can be thought of as a set of pipes of a particular shape and configuration through which the Creator's energy flows within us, this particular blockage was like a twisted length of pipe.  Once I used the catalyst, that pipe untwisted into a shape that matched the rest of my personality.  It began to have perfect resonance with the rest of me as a result, and merged into the rest of me fully.

that's also some good imagery.

/ /

(03-05-2016, 01:21 AM)Stranger Wrote: [ -> ]Blockages are simply unused catalyst; when we have blockages for a long time, they can turn into physical ailments.  But what are blockages?

the only thing I would add is that Ra uses the term 'blockages' in 2 types of contexts.

1) unused catalyst, as you refer to above.  This leads to physical ailments, over time.

2) negative polarization patterns, which are also technically 'blockages', but I'd prefer to use the word 'absorptions' for this particular context.  It has the same effect on limiting the Creator's free movement of light (by absorbing it for oneself), but it doesn't have the debilitating physical effects as 1).

It can cause some confusion, as Ra doesn't explicitly differentiate.

Session 32.2 Wrote:The negative path, as you would call it, uses a combination of the yellow ray and the orange ray in its polarization patterns. These rays, used in a dedicated fashion, will bring about a contact with intelligent infinity. The usual nature of sexual interaction, if one is yellow or orange in primary vibratory patterns, is one of blockage and then insatiable hunger due to the blockage.
_______
________
(03-05-2016, 05:31 PM)GentleWanderer Wrote: [ -> ]So basically all that is needed is loving the catalyst and acting with balance ?

GentleWanderer, I'm not sure I understand your question - all that's needed in what sense?

You don't have to love the catalyst. Simply accept it for what it is - the Universe offering you a choice of who you want to be. Then, practice loving and accepting everyone involved, including yourself, as you/they are, regardless of circumstances. As Quo says, practice finding love in every moment. e.g., see a tree, recognize it as the creator of yourself and the Universe in disguise, and generate feelings of love and appreciation toward it. See a random person, and think, there I am walking, in another body, but because of the way things are set up I just can't feel what I'm feeling right now in that body. I hope he/I has a good day today. In meditation, there are so many opportunities - love the Earth, love the Father, love all the beings in the Universe. When irritated in the course of daily life, forgive yourself for having these feelings, but then work to find compassion for the irritant and keep aggression in check. it's that kind of daily practice that gradually lifts us up and up and up.

I recall early on my emotional state was like a seesaw. I'd fast for three days and meditate/chant throughout, and feel amazing. Then go out into the world and start automatically pumping out judgment, resentment, annoyance, etc., and before I know it I've fallen off the cloud and I'm firmly back in the dirt. It took a while to figure out how to keep myself happy through a constant practice of unconditional acceptance and love. With practice, we learn to stop poisoning ourselves with our self-generated negative emotions.

As we learn to do so consistently in a given type of situation, if we've had blockages associated with handling that type of situation badly before, they begin to bubble out.

If that is not what you were asking, let me know and I'll be happy to clarify.
_________
So I've been doing some more Q&A on this within myself, and found that this appears to be the quickest and most efficient method of accomplishing the same result of clearing a blockage:

1. Identify the blockage. This could be noticing a particular area of tightness or discomfort in your body, an emotional response to a situation that seems out of proportion to an actual situation, a thought pattern that is unhelpful and recognized as irrational, but resistant to change. (For me, it is usually a sudden body ache somewhere in my torso).

2. Find out what it is. Simply focus on the sensation, emotion or thought from Step 1, and ask it: what is this?
Then, simply wait to hear an answer. Don't try to force it - simply wait silently.
(If you are not used to doing this sort of work, it is best to do it in meditation. I usually get a single word, e.g., "fear", "pain", "loss", etc.; when I ask "what pain?" I get a longer explanation, but I've learned that this is not necessary. The one-word label is sufficient. However, some of you may find that the one-word label does not give you enough to "hold on to" for Step 3, in which case feel free to probe deeper about the details).

3. Now, keeping #2 in mind, send love to it. Feel yourself radiating love from your heart center to that part of self that is experiencing that emotion, whatever you found in Step 2. (When I do this, I find a tingly hot sensation appear in the area of discomfort from Step 1).

After some time (takes a minute or two for me, your results may vary) it will no longer be there. I've done a dozen of these so far, maybe more. And they just keep on coming! It's amazing what we're carrying around in us. Time to let this stuff loose. Good luck to you!
(03-07-2016, 09:31 PM)Stranger Wrote: [ -> ]So I've been doing some more Q&A on this within myself, and found that this appears to be the quickest and most efficient method of accomplishing the same result of clearing a blockage:

1. Identify the blockage.  This could be noticing a particular area of tightness or discomfort in your body, an emotional response to a situation that seems out of proportion to an actual situation, a thought pattern that is unhelpful and recognized as irrational, but resistant to change.  (For me, it is usually a sudden body ache somewhere in my torso).

2. Find out what it is.  Simply focus on the sensation, emotion or thought from Step 1, and ask it: what is this?
Then, simply wait to hear an answer. Don't try to force it - simply wait silently.  
(If you are not used to doing this sort of work, it is best to do it in meditation.  I usually get a single word, e.g., "fear", "pain", "loss", etc.; when I ask "what pain?" I get a longer explanation, but I've learned that this is not necessary.  The one-word label is sufficient.  However, some of you may find that the one-word label does not give you enough to "hold on to" for Step 3, in which case feel free to probe deeper about the details).

3. Now, keeping #2 in mind, send love to it.  Feel yourself radiating love from your heart center to that issue. Or, simply put, love and accept that part of yourself that is experiencing pain, or fear, or whatever you found in Step 2. (When I do this, I find a tingly hot sensation appear in the area of discomfort from Step 1).

After some time (takes a minute or two for me, your results may vary) it will no longer be there.  I've done a dozen of these so far, maybe more. And they just keep on coming!  It's amazing what we're carrying around in us.  Time to let this stuff loose.  Good luck to you!

This is pretty much the method I had found for myself during a psychedelic experience, came somewhat naturally.

It's funny how at some point you realize that all you gotta do is ask yourself questions, and then you see the resistance you have toward asking some particular questions and hearing some particular answers.
Miyatur, it's quite likely that both our insights came from the same source. My guides aren't just "my guides". They have other things and people to attend to, when they're not babysitting me and my neuroses! Tongue
It turns out, the process can be optimized further still! This is useful:

The blockages all seem to fall into basic categories corresponding to negative emotion, e.g.: fear, hurt, inadequacy, humiliation, vindictiveness, etc. etc.

As soon as one incident is cleared, another pops up. It looks endless.

So I decided to try something else. Working on one fear blockage as described in my earlier post, I set my intention on finding all fear blockages and radiating love to all of them, as a group.

When I did this, I saw a thin metal ring with jewels (crown, duh!) begin to slowly rotate on top of my head. Within a few seconds this produced a tornado in the middle of my entire body, spinning very very rapidly. I stayed with it and it continued to rotate for a minute or two, then disappeared.

When it was done, I immediately perceived another blockage. I asked what it was, and got, "hurt". So I repeated the same process; another tornado appeared, lasted a while then went away in the same fashion as the first.

After that meditation, I feel FANTASTIC. Pure relaxed joy. It's been a few hours now, and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I like it. A lot! Tongue

So, here it is for anyone wishing to attempt it. The main caveats I offer are that, first of all, your results, perceptions, the symbology your mind produces to present whatever is happening to your conscious mind may (and very likely will) vary.

Second, and more importantly, doing this kind of work will be of limited benefit (and for all I know, may not even be possible) if one is not practicing good emotional hygiene. By that, I mean maintaining a state of emotional clarity. By default, our egos force-feed us a steady diet of dissatisfaction, judgment, jealousy, resentment, anger, what-have-you. All of this decreases our joy. In fact, joy is one of the best barometers we have for assessing our "spiritual health" or polarity.

That having been said, I don't know if it is even possible to clear out old emotion while maintaining a steady diet of fresh negative emotion. The two are linked, of course (blockages predispose us to continue experiencing the same emotional states more readily, while meditation, reaching towards the highest good in the Universe, fasting, etc. clear us out), but I would guess that learning to positively process catalyst in the present has to precede processing old catalyst from the past. I don't know this for sure, having only my own experience to go by, but I'm very curious to hear about how it goes for anyone who attempts this. Good luck!
(03-07-2016, 11:44 PM)Stranger Wrote: [ -> ]Miyatur, it's quite likely that both our insights came from the same source.  My guides aren't just "my guides".  They have other things and people to attend to, when they're not babysitting me and my neuroses! Tongue

I don't like to interact with guides much, usually focus on unveiling myself instead. I do realize I'm somewhat open to outer influences though, but I think guides require a certain level of conscious seeking for their aid.
(03-08-2016, 07:17 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like to interact with guides much, usually focus on unveiling myself instead. I do realize I'm somewhat open to outer influences though, but I think guides require a certain level of conscious seeking for their aid.

Michael Newton brings up in his books that those who are less experienced in the process of evolution or learning need guides more than those who have been around for a while. But I would also add that it depends on each personality how much one needs its guides for learning. Some like to learn together with others, and some on their own. It's like in our schools too, some students like to have a lot of help from teachers and others in order to learn, and some learn things best by themselves.