Bring4th

Full Version: a message on adequacy and perfectionism
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So today I was working on a project, and did well, but felt that I should have been able to do better, so I noticed myself feeling a little down and irritable.  My lovely guides said they wanted a word with me, and what follows below is a generic part of the message that I am posting here because I think it is applicable and beneficial to everyone.

Quote:Guides: You are enough.  You can do wonderful things.  They do not, indeed, need to be perfect, because all that is, is already perfect.  Do not attempt to impose your standard and definition of perfection -i.e., [the specific way I thought I should have done better than I actually did] - for God' definition, because God's definition will win every time, reality having been built on it.  Understand?

Me: I truly do, and will do my best to accept what I perceive as imperfection as part of the perfection of Creation.

Guides: That is fully and precisely correct, [Stranger].  Now, we would indeed wish to offer you an exercise that will help you clear these issues and patterns of thinking.  Ready?

Me: Yes.

Guides: 
Close your eyes, and begin to count to 10.  When you reach 10, look around you.  See perfection in everything.  Every single thing in your awareness is exactly as it should be, because it is contributing exactly what it has to contribute to the Creator's experience, and that is all that it is asked to do.

Then, apply the same standard to yourself.  See and perceive yourself as fully, unconditionally perfect.  You are perfectly You.  No one else could be You as well as you are doing it.  No one else, in the entire infinity of Creation, could be [Your name] doing what he or she does in the specific way he or she does it.  You are loved specifically for your unique and irreplaceable contribution to the world, without which the world would be a duller place.  That is the truth!  got it?
-----
Thank you for sharing this love.