Bring4th

Full Version: Experiencing Others
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When we die and have our life review, I heard that we will experience every wrong that we did, and every right, from the perspective of the other.

Does this mean that when I was a kid and pushed our cat's face into its poop because he went on the carpet, that I'll have my face pushed into cat poop?

I hope it doesn't sound too silly, but it was one of those things that may have created karma for me and I have no idea how to forgive myself for that. Though I'm not too bothered by it.
Well, if you're not bothered, what's the problem?

If you think you literally need to experience getting your face rubbed in cat poop to empathize with your cat, then maybe you do. I don't think that's necessary. I think, while incarnate now, you can emotionally empathize with the cat, and from that perspective can forgive yourself and remove any perceived karma.

Life review isn't about punishment, it's about learning to (hopefully) do better next time, by seeing what worked and what didn't.
All experiences are your experiences, I'm afraid. I think there's only one thing that's experiencing anything (& everything) & that one thing is you-guessed-it.

I speculate that rather than having to experience anything from another's POV you instead become aware that you're the one that already experienced it, since everyone (& everything) is the OIC.
Exactly my thought. You already did. Funny how existence definitely feels like not being everything else yet you are at the core everything else.
Gemini, the only moment you need to worry about is the present moment. Find love in it. Love anything that you can. Only in this moment do you have the capacity to choose your path, to choose your future. It's an amazing gift, the present moment - an opportunity to make everything a little bit better.