Bring4th

Full Version: Intro to the archetypes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi friends. I figured before I let loose on all of my interpretations, it would make sense to do an introduction to my interpretation of the philosophy of the archetypes.

I think this Q'uo quote from their most recent channeling gives a good summary: To whom does this will belong to? And how do I know what I am seeking is what I desire?

Quote:"So it is true to say that you are both the created and the Creator. It is true to say that as the created you bear that which is your own, and if you wish you may call this your will. But it is also true that as the Creator you participate in that unlimited condition we have referred to as infinity, and infinity has to it intrinsically no limit that one would call a specific will. Yet, will that constitutes itself in the vast complexity of the creation, and that sees itself in distinction from other wills beyond count, wants always something more, wants always something unified, wants always something beyond limit, beyond count: wants infinity.

The point of difficulty for creatures aspiring to advance along the line of spiritual evolution is the question of discernment in which a determination must be made concerning: what of the desire to evolve belongs to mere creatureliness, the mere circumstances of the seeking of the individual, and what belongs to that which calls to the seeking creature, that which calls forth from the seeking creature, that which will fulfill the terms of the seeking.

Now, to put the matter in this way seems at first glance to be not very helpful because one does, after all, want to seek better, and one cannot begin to conceive what “seeking better” would be without a clearer conception of the criteria according to which better may be discriminated from worse. That would seem to imply a judgment about what is worse, and dependent upon that judgment a conception of what might be, by contrast, the better. Lacking any clear conception of what the better would be, one is merely left with a sense of the inadequacy of the present state of one’s being. Thus, the great spiritual aspiration continues and, my friends, we would say that it continues well beyond the level of third-density seeking into fourth, into fifth, into sixth, and, we are increasingly aware, beyond."

I believe we have been given this amazing tool by Ra, to teach us how to do "better". More than any "gadget", this tool is a map to exploring all of the possible gestalts of consciousness available, and to seat them in our experience. This map is also available in the Tree of Life, or astrologically, which I have studied before. Once I found the Law of One, though, my interest in astrology actually dwindled, likely to prepare me to excitedly embrace the teachings of the Tarot.

It's obvious that the archetypes were central to the message that Ra desired to communicate. Firstly, one of the first 'full' archetype sessions, session 78, is one of the longest on the books - 38 questions and answers! Then, session 79, also chock full of archetype info, was 44 questions! That is a pretty high number for fragile little Carla. Soon after these heightened, informative sessions, was when the group's final, most debilitating psychic greeting began, and the sessions shortened - again, likely due to the power that is available to the positive adept who learns to use the archetypes. Not to be dramatic, but I believe this is ultimately the info that Don gave his life for, whether he realized it at the time or not.

Another hint to Ra's excited treatment of the archetypes is their refrain of the affectionate "O Student" to Don, offered only during his questioning on the symbolism of the archetypes. This, to me, speaks clearly to Ra's enthusiastic desire to teach this lesson.

There is nothing logical or rational to the usage of the archetypes. They are not the type of tool that, once activated, will work on their own. The archetypes are a way to consciously understand our movements in the context of polarity. These teachings are not for the average Earth native who is trying to reach harvest in this incarnation - this information is for Wanderers who came to Earth to help increase its love/light at this time of harvest. These tools are a way to understand the necessity for purity of polarity (discernment), and increasing one's spiritual gravity during their incarnation so that they are able to channel exponentially higher vibrations of love and light onto the planet.

This is where I must say: My interpretation of the archetypes will have a strong bias, that bias being the service to others polarity. Ra says this bias is inherent in the Logos and thus reflected in the cards. The cards are not a way to transcend polarity, the cards are a way to crystallize and balance the chakras so that your system is able to channel these higher levels of love and light, utilizing polarity. Balancing the chakras has the benefit of a lessening of uncontrollable emotional responses, which I think is what people desire when they 'transcend polarity': the lack of judgement in actions. These are all benefits of actively polarizing, not actively avoiding polarzing. The cards tell this tale.

I also will take this space to say this, as we've all been exposed to the Law of One for a while now. Ra does speak from a place of "non-polarity", and it is their ideal that they are going to achieve. Ra doesn't specifically say that one should polarize service to others because they can't. That would be a total infringement. Instead, they laid out the ground rules for the group towards the type of information they would be able to offer, and it was the group's choice to follow that path, just like it must be our choice to choose to polarize. The archetypes are all about this Choice. Why is the Choice important?

Firstly, before the veil, when there was only service to others, there was no motivation to progress through the third density. There was total awareness of unity. That would make 3rd density pretty chummy and no one would want to leave, right? Precisely. So the veil was born, and along with it the concept of 'bad', which caused people, in the name of 'good', to have the desire to act. It is this desire to act that is so centrally important. One must choose to act for unity in the face of total separation, with faith. This is our power. This is our magic.

Quote:Dance all of your tunes, my friends, and dance them with all of your heart. The difference between the everyday and the magical is the difference between the entity who sees and hears no music and feels no desire to dance, and the entity who, hearing and seeing no music, and feeling no urge to dance, nevertheless rises up and invokes the dance. -Q'uo

We also must polarize in 3D because we must, after incarnation, 'walk the steps of light', which means we will be deposited into 4-6th density positive or 4-6th density negative time/space. This choice must be made - or you can stay in 3D for a while. It's probably possible for a 3rd density entity to harvest to 7th density unity without actively polarizing - but what would be the point of incarnation? We're here to be active, to create and manifest in a collective reality. For me, it's really fun to watch this collective reality shift from its once extremely dire situation to one obviously filled with more love and light. I believe my participation helps affect this change, and to me, this is a great game and I'm glad to be a part of it. The archetypes are a high-level, end game rulebook, that give hints and tips and tricks for really being able to manifest positive change and spiritual validation into your environment in tangible, accumulating ways. This is really what we are here for.

For those who are extremely new to understanding the archetypes, let me try to define the 'titles' of the cards, because I know this is one of the biggest hurdles. But you must take the cards as if they are their own language - each title has a meaning, each symbol with a meaning, each grouping of symbols on each card as a short tale, and then from there you can piece together a story. It takes a while to learn the language, but if you are dedicated, things will start 'clicking' and new levels will be available to understanding the nuance, or as Ra says , "If these are studied there comes the moment when the deep threnodies and joyful ditties of the deep mind can successfully be brought forward to intensify, articulate, and heighten some aspect of the magical personality." (see card 21) Time and dedication are really all that is necessary to get a clear understanding of the language of the archetypes. Becoming familiar with their 'formal' names and their various colloquial names is step one, and it's a big one.

Matrix and Potentiator: The Matrix is the basic structure from which we function. As its name implies, it can be programmed, ultimately by the potentiator. The Matrix of the Mind stores experience, and uses the infinite potential of the will to fill itself up. The Potentiator of the Mind contains all, and she is what releases new information to the Matrix. The Matrix of the Body is the natural state of constant motion and movement in our bodies and environments, and the Potentiator of the Body/Heirophant is the wisdom that stops or alters the constant movement of the body for a change in experience. The Matrix of the Spirit is Primeval Darkness, the total lack of light that is caused by the veil. The Potentiator of the Spirit is Lightning, the sudden illumination of the darkness that causes a deep movement within.

The veil exists between the Matrix and the Potentiator. Before the veil, the Matrix of the Mind was aware of the infinite knowledge of the Potentiator of the Mind, the Matrix of the Body was aware of all of the abilities of the Potentiator of the Body, and the Matrix of the Spirit was likely not Primeval Darkness at all, as there was no veil shielding the Matrix of the Spirit from the infinite light of the Creator. Now, we have the veil, which radically alters our experience. Developing our understanding of the archetypes, also known as working in consciousness, can help thin the veil, allowing us access to that information which is hidden from us but yet our birthright.

Catalyst and Experience: These are the 6 cards that we filter all "activity" through. The Catalyst card is obvious - any of our thoughts would be considered Catalyst of the Mind, and phyisical experiences Catalyst of the Body. Experience is where we "seat" the Catalyst once we choose to consciously use it to create an Experience, which is then recorded in the Matrix, so that our next 'output' is 'informed'.

Significator: The Significator is the actor. The Significator in the Mind cycle is the Magician, High Priestess, Empress, and Emperor, and, if experience is utilized, the Lovers and the Chariot(eer). The Significator of each cycle is a facet of the Fool, who unifies the cycles.

Everyone experiences/utilizes the Matrix, Potentiator, and Catalyst (mind & body) all day every day. Experience is inevitable, but conscious use of catalyst leads to more fructified experience. The Significator is the represented actor participating in this show: the harvest of all of one's experiences including previous incarnations.

Transformation and Great Way: The Transformation and the Great Way cards are more of a conscious activation with the will that happens after one consciously begins to use their Experience in ways that further their growth. The Transformation of the Mind is a conscious and deliberate choice that is made upon itself, and the Great Way is the gestalt that is activated once the Transformation is successful. The Transformation of the Body is also conscious, where you choose to harvest what you have learned in your physical experience to create a new one that is available each moment, and the Great Way of the Body is the effortless manfestation of our desires available through efficient use of the body cycle. The Transformation of the Spirit is less of a conscious choice (see the bound entities), but the Great Way of the Spirit is, of course, our ultimate goal - the experience of being played as the perfectly tuned instrument of the Creator: perfect in that our unique harvest of experiences is capabale of playing our own personal song as an honestation.

I sort of have the image of a wind-up clock, being the Significator, and the will as the wind, and the Matrix, Potentiator, Catalyst, and Experience are the gears, and the Transformation is the switch that gets flipped. If all the pieces are in the right places, the Great Way is activated and the gears begin to turn on their own and day-to-day experience is effortless, until the wind wears down. This analogy is a little rough. There is a definitely an 'order' to the cards, but it is not the order that should be focused upon. It is more important to be aware of all of the possible "parts" and learning where each gear goes as a piece in the whole.

As far as choosing a deck goes, I will sit closest with the redrawn deck done by the group. I like the colorized Brotherhood of Light deck, just for clarification of imagery. I also think the Rider-Waite deck is valuable in that it uses the same concepts but replaces them occassionally with more 'modern'/'anglo' symbolism, which can help unlock clues to some of the apocrophy of the Egyptian deck. Ra says you are welcome to use any deck, but stress that it's important to pick one set of symbols and let them all speak to you in their nuance instead of trying to see it all at once amongst all the different artistic interpretations.

Now, my personal study of the archetypes has been this: I read. I read a lot. I've read what just about everything everyone else has typed up in thoughtful consideration, a few times. I read the Law of One a few times for archetypes specifically, drawing any early connections to descriptions of gestalts of the mind/body/spirit. I also asked desperately. I wanted to understand and help bring forth this information, because I know how desperately I crave others' input, especially at the beginning of my study. I see that others desire it strongly, too. So, I spent time in meditation and prayer asking patiently for the archetypes to reveal themselves to me. I am no expert, hardly. I have no claims on knowledge. I've just strongly called for myself to crystallize in such a way that this information could channel itself in a way that is easier to grasp. We'll see how successful my initial attempts are!

Finally, a short blessing/warning from Q'uo - the blessing that the act of working in consciousness is protected and supported by discarnate entities. The warning is that if you are not sufficiently balanced in the lower centers before you start working in the archetypes, you could mistakenly go the other way, or worse, confuse yourself to the point where you lose your grounding. Daily meditation and a sincere distortion towards service towards others are the basic distortions necessary to begin this study.

Quote:What can be trusted beyond all telling is the protected nature of this work in consciousness. It is as though, as the seeker dedicates itself to the seriousness of its desire, it alerts a large body of discarnate protection which this instrument would probably call inner-planes or angelic. Whatever the description of this energy, it is devoted to being sure that, whatever the incarnational situation, whatever the physical situation doing this seeking, this work shall be protected. This thirst and its fulfillment shall be blessed.

We stand, in speaking of the Matrix and the Potentiator, at the beginning of a deep, deep road, a very fruitful road, a most promising road that shall be wended not just within your present lifetime or your present density, but through several densities to come. You are at the beginning of a journey of self-knowledge that shall bring surprise upon surprise, awareness upon awareness and yet we say to you that at each of the spirals of awareness, including that one at which you now are, you are already that being which you hope to become. And by the bare attempt to seek within the archetypes you bring resonances of that being to your waking personality which strengthen and have a tendency to heal the waking personality. We would thusly encourage each to do this work in consciousness. Not hastily. Not without respect. And certainly not without preparation.

For doing this work without preparation can be unbalancing to the energetic body. And so we would caution each before doing such work in consciousness, always to begin with the meditation, with the balancing of the energy system, with the clearing of the lower to the higher energy centers to a minimal degree so that the energy system that is doing this work is without significant imbalance. For when there are shadows that block energy into the heart, then it is that there is not energy coming through into the green, blue and indigo-ray energy centers where this work in consciousness is taking place. Consequently, we do encourage that work, before a session of meditating upon the archetypes, where there is the attempt to balance the energy system and to settle it so that not only the physical body but also the metaphysical body is rested and balanced and ready to receive those piercing energies which flow from the roots of mind and fructify the waking consciousness.

Thanks friends. I welcome any feedback here, or on any posts in the future.
Pretty good introduction to the archetypes. I like your details on the connections between the Matrix's and potentiates in relation to the consciousness of mind, the movement of body and darkness of spirit. This is a good insight. I will look forward to hearing more from you on the archetypes. It will be fascinating to hear from a woman's point of view since all of the archetypal posts on here are from the guys for the most part if i recall. It would be nice to hear some details of the connections of the triads such as the Magician, Justice and the Devil. I haven't seen any detailed posts about the connectivity of the archetypes in that way, only in the singular study. It is clear to me that you are well on your way to a fairly adept understanding of the archetypes and the nature of consciousness.
(03-14-2016, 11:30 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]I believe we have been given this amazing tool by Ra, to teach us how to do "better". More than any "gadget", this tool is a map to exploring all of the possible gestalts of consciousness available, and to seat them in our experience. This map is also available in the Tree of Life, or astrologically, which I have studied before. Once I found the Law of One, though, my interest in astrology actually dwindled, likely to prepare me to excitedly embrace the teachings of the Tarot.

Do the studies equate each other to you?

I am far from being knowledgeable, the tree of life did not sink in much but seemed focused upon the nature of reality, astrology upon relationships of self with both self and other-selves within manyness (local manyness within local influences) and tarot cards seemed focused upon spiritual evolution of self.
(03-14-2016, 11:30 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]I sort of have the image of a wind-up clock, being the Significator, and the will as the wind, and the Matrix, Potentiator, Catalyst, and Experience are the gears, and the Transformation is the switch that gets flipped. If all the pieces are in the right places, the Great Way is activated and the gears begin to turn on their own and day-to-day experience is effortless, until the wind wears down. This analogy is a little rough. There is a definitely an 'order' to the cards, but it is not the order that should be focused upon. It is more important to be aware of all of the possible "parts" and learning where each gear goes as a piece in the whole.

Wow, that was an amazing analogy. It made perfect sense to me.
Thank you for taking the time to write a great post. This helped me put the pieces together and see more clearly how everything is related.
Another interesting feature of the archetypes, from my perspective is they can actually be correlated with the rays/energy centers.

However, the relationship between the archetypes and the colored rays they represent are reversed in the mind and body archetypes.  As a small example, the matrix of mind is violet ray, whereas the matrix of the body is red ray.

The spirit archetypes are some kind of blending of the two  -- an integration of the oppositely polarized archetypes of body and mind.  I haven't fully fleshed out this understanding, these are just a few of the raw intuitive insights I can share.
(03-14-2016, 06:37 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2016, 11:30 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]I believe we have been given this amazing tool by Ra, to teach us how to do "better". More than any "gadget", this tool is a map to exploring all of the possible gestalts of consciousness available, and to seat them in our experience. This map is also available in the Tree of Life, or astrologically, which I have studied before. Once I found the Law of One, though, my interest in astrology actually dwindled, likely to prepare me to excitedly embrace the teachings of the Tarot.

Do the studies equate each other to you?

I am far from being knowledgeable, the tree of life did not sink in much but seemed focused upon the nature of reality, astrology upon relationships of self with both self and other-selves within manyness (local manyness within local influences) and tarot cards seemed focused upon spiritual evolution of self.

What I realized is that is it really about the emotional gestalts, i.e., each planet/sign has their own mood/meaning, and then when you combine them all up, each one means something different. Like, if transiting Saturn conjuncts your moon, that would be one "event", and astrologically being aware of it you can harness the archetypal power involved in that event. As far as spiritual meaning in astrology, there is plenty - Neptune represents the spiritual realm, as well as Pisces, and the 12th house of the chart. It is pretty different though - I've never studied the Tree of Life, but something tells me it's more similar in general to the tarot. Really, I just see it as a way to look at emotional events from the outside, and again, "map" them in a way that they make context in the whole, and in a way that feedbacks to the self constructively.

At the core, it's about developing the intuition through symbolism, right-brain skills that we are not inherently taught.
(03-15-2016, 01:15 AM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]Another interesting feature of the archetypes, from my perspective is they can actually be correlated with the rays/energy centers.

However, the relationship between the archetypes and the colored rays they represent are reversed in the mind and body archetypes.  As a small example, the matrix of mind is violet ray, whereas the matrix of the body is red ray.

The spirit archetypes are some kind of blending of the two  -- an integration of the oppositely polarized archetypes of body and mind.  I haven't fully fleshed out this understanding, these are just a few of the raw intuitive insights I can share.

Hi anagogy. I've thought about what you've said and I still can't wrap my head around anything but Matrix = red ray, Great Way = violet ray, etc. I have to admit, I haven't spent a ton of time lining them up with the chakras in conscious contemplation. If you ever flesh out any more thoughts regarding this (or Ra quotes), I'd love to hear it!
As someone who has essentially skipped over the archetype sections of the Ra material, I'm genuinely curious what value or benefit those of you who have invested effort into their study have perceived?
Hi Stranger,

The Archetypes are definitely not for everyone.  And I don't mean that in any superior way.  They offer a lot of fruit to some people ... and to most, they are just too arcane and abstruse.

For me, they represent the 'operating system' level of the 3d mind.  So for someone who wants to get down to that level, and really understand the nuts and bolts of consciousness, it definitely has appeal.  But for many people, one can function perfectly fine and with great effectiveness without digging down to such a level.  It's like navigating 3d using Windows 7/8/10, and being perfectly happy with how things are set up.  But the Archetypes are like drilling down into the processes, and looking at how things were coded.  

In terms of the benefits, I would say that it helped clear up or elucidate an area that I had wanted to have elucidated for a long time.  I wanted to know how this very deep level of mind was coded and constructed; how the steps of one area moved to the other.  And so it definitely refined my understanding of polarity (which is the whole point of 3d), and gave me a solid map to work with, in terms of processes.

So the short answer is that it yielded clarity on areas that previously were perceived, but not in any way consciously articulated.

That 'clarity' then sets up work with the magical personality, and so on and so forth.

It was definitely a very integral part of me coming to terms with the Ra Material.  
(03-18-2016, 08:30 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]In terms of the benefits, I would say that it helped clear up or elucidate an area that I had wanted to have elucidated for a long time.  I wanted to know how this very deep level of mind was coded and constructed; how the steps of one area moved to the other.  And so it definitely refined my understanding of polarity (which is the whole point of 3d), and gave me a solid map to work with, in terms of processes.

That 'clarity' then sets up work with the magical personality, and so on and so forth.

Thanks for the reply, Plenum. Great analogy re: Windows. I know what understanding Windows on a lower level achieves in terms of benefit, but I'm still trying to understand the practical upshot of understanding the OS of the mind. Could you share an example of how the archetypes have helped you better understand polarity?
well, there are 2 very prominent cards which illustrate how the 2 paths diverge (in a very practical sense).  These are the Lovers Card (Transformation of the Mind), and the Moon Archetype (Experience of the Spirit).

For me, the Lovers card revealed that on the deepest level, polarity is about a relationship to one's own deep mind.  Even though STO and STS is expressed in relationship to other selves on a practical level, the whole 'configuration' of polarity is within oneself, and that's where 'polarization' actually occurs.  This Lovers card shows either a respectful approach to the self/deep-mind, or one that is rapacious and hijacking/exploitative.  This attitude, impressed internally, then can't but help be expressed externally.  So for me, that placed much less weight on 'outward service', which will happen automatically, and puts the emphasis on conscious self-relationship.

In terms of the Moon card, which shows a pivot point in relation to the spirit complex, it showed how the 2 paths can usefully utilize each other to further accentuate their own choice (made in the Mind series of cards).  The difficulties and miseries that negatives offer to the world are an immense challenge for positives to comprehend and accept (which deepens their choice of acceptance, if worked with), and for negatives, seeing positive people makes them mock the positive path even more, and encourages them to find further ways to undermine and deceive (using the confusion inherent in 3d).  It gives them a stronger target to work with (rather than just trying to outsmart other negatives), and offers even more abundant ways exploit and tamper.  And the brighter the target, the more juicier the challenge.  You get props for taking down big positive targets, not the beginner newbies.  If you want to be king, you challenge the heavyweights - and tempt the likes of Jesus and the Buddha.  So both paths work in the half-lit light of the Moon ... but they utilize it to vastly different ends.

Those 2 Cards are the most prominent.  But polarity is encoded throughout the Archetypes, as it tells the 'story' of 3d, which is all about the Choice.  Even Wanderers can benefit from having a clear implementation of their Choice, even though their biases, in most cases, are 90, 97, or even 99+++ percentage positive.
(03-18-2016, 09:21 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]For me, the Lovers card revealed that on the deepest level, polarity is about a relationship to one's own deep mind.  Even though STO and STS is expressed in relationship to other selves on a practical level, the whole 'configuration' of polarity is within oneself, and that's where 'polarization' actually occurs.  This Lovers card shows either a respectful approach to the self/deep-mind, or one that is rapacious and hijacking/exploitative.  This attitude, impressed internally, then can't but help be expressed externally.  So for me, that placed much less weight on 'outward service', which will happen automatically, and puts the emphasis on conscious self-relationship.

This falls well within my understanding, ultimately other-selves are a projection of self and as such however self acts in regards to other-selves is a mirror on how self is viewed by itself.

A STS entity does not wish to be given by others, it mainly would desire to harvest to fruits of his own labor and willpower. As such it will act with others accordingly as it views itself. I think it is well to note here, that each of us do chose the STS path through the cause and effect of those who did, as such it seems that experiences make one view itself/others as such.

(03-18-2016, 09:21 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]In terms of the Moon card, which shows a pivot point in relation to the spirit complex, it showed how the 2 paths can usefully utilize each other to further accentuate their own choice (made in the Mind series of cards).  The difficulties and miseries that negatives offer to the world are an immense challenge for positives to comprehend and accept (which deepens their choice of acceptance, if worked with), and for negatives, seeing positive people makes them mock the positive path even more, and encourages them to find further ways to undermine and deceive (using the confusion inherent in 3d).  It gives them a stronger target to work with (rather than just trying to outsmart other negatives), and offers even more abundant ways exploit and tamper.  And the brighter the target, the more juicier the challenge.  You get props for taking down big positive targets, not the beginner newbies.  If you want to be king, you challenge the heavyweights - and tempt the likes of Jesus and the Buddha.  So both paths work in the half-lit light of the Moon ... but they utilize it to vastly different ends.

I think in regards to the two path looking into the other, Darkness makes the Light brigther and Light makes Darkness darker. Each reinforces the other.

A STO entity that sees darkness in others will have it's desire to be light accentuated, it will see it's ways as more valorous. A STS entity that sees light in others will have it's desire to be darkness accentuated, it will see it's ways as more cowardly.
Jade, I find your treatment superb, especially your consideration of the names for the seven classifications.

I especially like that you are using the model of Significator as self, or "actor," and the three Significators as the three aspects of the Fool. It is also the model I use. I think of the Fool as representing the total mind/body/spirit complex, and Significators as representing each of these complexes individually. I get the impression this is also your view.
Thanks Joseph!! I appreciate your positive feedback. I do agree with your interpretation of the Significators as the three facets of the totality. I have to admit, I've spent very little time with the Fool yet, though!!

I have the first four of the body cycle almost entirely done, so I should have those out soon. I was feeling a little iffy when I put them away the other day, but then I stumbled upon a Ra quote that I had attributed to the Body Catalyst/Experience tandem that I had stashed and forgot about, and it confirmed what I had wrote, so I felt better. Tongue I really can't say enough about how much I'm enjoying this process.
The fool is the most important one imo.
It is the unifier. I always keep it in my but I've literally yet to write anything about it, yet most of the others I have. I'll get there. Wink
The Fool is representative of the complete human experience. Think of it like the main character (or characters) in a story who actually experiences catharsis and whose persona changes as a result of the events that play out in the story. The other archetypes are the characters whose persona remains continuous and stable throughout the story, but who influence the Fool along the way. While this appears to contradict Ra's description of the Fool as the only archetype that is singular in its interpretation, it actually confirms it: we can only experience the Fool in one way---for what else could we mean when we say "I"?---but the Fool is also the only one who moves from experience to experience in the saga of a human life. Even the Significators are unable to move through experiences the way the Fool does because they are limited by their own domains. The mind cannot have a spiritual experience, cannot combine thoughts and emotions with faith and purpose. And so on.

When we say that a character "changed his mind," that reflects a change in the Significator, but the Fool is who we are saying changed his mind, since the Fool is what we call the "self" and the Significator of the Mind is what we call the "mind".
In fact it is best not to rush into it as it's description might benefit from a full coverage of the others first. It is maybe the one who need the most thinking and reflection to expand on its fundamental nature. It is a good thing you didn't begin with it.
Nimbostratus
(03-18-2016, 06:58 AM)Stranger Wrote: [ -> ]As someone who has essentially skipped over the archetype sections of the Ra material, I'm genuinely curious what value or benefit those of you who have invested effort into their study have perceived?

I was already moderately accomplished using tarot for divination, and was studying the Majors, when I found The Law of One.  It was because of Ra's description of tarot that I was so blown away by the material.  Ra validated my evolving understanding of the cards.  And since it was pretty clear that Don, Carla and Jim really were novices when it came to tarot, I had to assume that Ra was speaking truth.  So, the long discussions of tarot was a Rosetta stone, of sorts, and allowed me to accept the other parts of the material that I found quite strange (ETs, life on Mars, polarity, 25,000 year cycles, etc.)

As for the intrinsic value of tarot, it helps the understanding/study of life here in the Earth Life School in the same way that knowing the types of clouds is helpful to understanding weather.  Clouds don't necessarily have perfect boundaries; they blend and merge.  They have different shapes, textures and heights.  But once you understand the vocabulary of clouds (e.g. Cirrus, Nimbostratus, Cumulus) then you gain a foundation to have discussions about them and their effects. 

I suppose it is similar to any study.  Anyone can enjoy a glass of wine and know if it is good or bad, but when you learn the vocabulary of wine tasting ("hint of cherry" "notes of oak" "good legs") that's when you can get down to the business of discernment and knowing why it is good.

The tarot cards clump into islands parts of the river of life.  They are not natural or intuitive clumps either.  While the tripartite: Mind, Body, Soul is easy.  Having a Lightening Struck Tower Card and an Empress Card as archetypes can be a real head-scratcher.  But once you start to see the pattern to the 22 cards, it sure gets easier understanding the whats and whys of real life experiences.  You immediately think, "Ah, I'm experiencing a known pattern: the Wheel of Fate/Strength Card combo!"  And that little piece of info can sometimes make all the difference when some really bad stuff is happening. 
Hi ricdaw.

Thanks for explaining your past (and current) connection to the Archetypes.  That was a pleasure to read Smile
(03-18-2016, 06:58 AM)Stranger Wrote: [ -> ]As someone who has essentially skipped over the archetype sections of the Ra material, I'm genuinely curious what value or benefit those of you who have invested effort into their study have perceived?

(04-08-2016, 01:20 PM)ricdaw Wrote: [ -> ]The tarot cards clump into islands parts of the river of life.  They are not natural or intuitive clumps either.  While the tripartite: Mind, Body, Soul is easy.  Having a Lightening Struck Tower Card and an Empress Card as archetypes can be a real head-scratcher.  But once you start to see the pattern to the 22 cards, it sure gets easier understanding the whats and whys of real life experiences.  You immediately think, "Ah, I'm experiencing a known pattern: the Wheel of Fate/Strength Card combo!"  And that little piece of info can sometimes make all the difference when some really bad stuff is happening.

Inspired by the question of how to apply the knowledge of archetypes and your sharing of experience with tarot, I read online about tarot for divination (which is new to me), and learned that one can do a 3-card spread of past, present and future.

So, I did a spread for myself and got this: Wheel of Fortune (Past), Strength (Present) and Sage (Future).

Using my understanding of the archetypes based on Ra's materials, I had the following brief amateurish interpretation (my first attempt at this sort of reading). Although the interpretation is so general that it could apply to almost anyone, for me, I'm experiencing a personal drama that I feel the general script below is pretty spot on.

Past: Wheel of Fortune

Feeling it is no longer tenable to hold on to an environment as it presents a blockage to personal growth. Take the plunge to change the environment for better or for worse.

Present: Strength

Dealing with the situation arising from the changing environment. Experiencing fear/courage in the face of the uncertain future that lies ahead.

Future: Sage

Becoming a more balanced mind/body/spirit complex and a purer channel of love/light of the One Infinite Creator. Learning/teaching from the past lesson.
(04-18-2016, 03:58 AM)fiatlux0 Wrote: [ -> ]Inspired by the question of how to apply the knowledge of archetypes and your sharing of experience with tarot, I read online about tarot for divination (which is new to me), and learned that one can do a 3-card spread of past, present and future.

So, I did a spread for myself and got this: Wheel of Fortune (Past), Strength (Present) and Sage (Future).

Using my understanding of the archetypes based on Ra's materials, I had the following brief amateurish interpretation (my first attempt at this sort of reading). Although the interpretation is so general that it could apply to almost anyone, for me, I'm experiencing a personal drama that I feel the general script below is pretty spot on.

Past: Wheel of Fortune

Feeling it is no longer tenable to hold on to an environment as it presents a blockage to personal growth. Take the plunge to change the environment for better or for worse.

Present: Strength

Dealing with the situation arising from the changing environment. Experiencing fear/courage in the face of the uncertain future that lies ahead.

Future: Sage

Becoming a more balanced mind/body/spirit complex and a purer channel of love/light of the One Infinite Creator. Learning/teaching from the past lesson.

Hi fiatlux0!

Sorry about the belated reply; been busy.

It looks like you are using just the Majors for your divination (which is how I started too, because learning 78 cards all at once seemed insurmountable).

With the majors, the messages a pretty big.  In a spread where all 78 cards are being used, the majors are like MESSAGES IN CAPITAL LETTERS.  

You have a good interpretation of your three-card spread.  Here's mine, just for the fun of comparing.

Past: Wheel of Fortune.  The universe seems to be confronting you with some (seemingly) random events and catalyst.  (But we all know that there is no such thing, right?!)  Think good or bad luck, depending on the events.  Because the NOW card is Strength, I can safely say that the catalyst is challenging you to the utmost.  Strength is the card that shows how to survive and thrive from catalyst, even the most unpleasant kind.  It is about that inner strength to turn even the worst adversity (see that lion?) and to tame it by how you interpret the events/circumstances and feel about them.  A simple version of the concept is making lemons into lemonade.  But Strength shows real character development.

FUTURE:  The sage is walking forward in wisdom.  You are going to learn something really important from this Wheel of Life catalyst. It's going to become a life-lesson that you will carry forward to other circumstances. The card shows how well the lesson is grounded in you.  And while the universe like to "test" people on lessons, if you have really grokked the teaching, it is not much of a test, and then that will stop.  The sage shows a successful outcome.  

A good reading!

To add a level of complexity to the use of the abbreviated deck for the three-card readings (using majors only) I recommend adding the extra dimension of orientation.  Shuffle the cards by also spinning them around, or reverse one pile every shuffle, so that the cards are in mixed up/up-side-down orientation.  When you deal out your three cards, leave them in the same orientation as they fall.

My way of reading reversed cards is not typical.  Many (most?) tarot readers have adopted ANOTHER 78 meanings for the cards when they show up reversed (the very idea of memorizing more meanings just made me depressed).  But I see orientation as a clue as to source.  An upright card is external.  A reversed card is internal.  For example, I described that Wheel of Fortune card as a bunch of external catalyst confronting you.  If the card had been reversed, it would have been internal catalyst instead.  Things like depression, guilt, grief, etc.  They may have initially been caused by an external event, but the bulk of the catalyst is thinking about and working on the problem internally.  There isn't the same kind of constant external bombardment.  If the Wheel catalyst was a significant other doing something wacky, an upright Wheel card says that the wackiness continues.  You are confronted by that external catalyst over and over.  But if the card were reversed, you got that catalyst, but now all the heavy lift is about you thinking about it, e.g. "hey, maybe I should leave this relationship."  That kind of inner work is the kind of wake-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night kind of catalyst that the Wheel can express too.  (In the larger deck, the 9 of swords is uniquely that kind of meaning, btw).

So for Strength, the card is already about an inner process; developing the inner strength to overcome the adversity of the Wheel card.  So how to interpret an already internal card in the two orientations?  Well, an upright version has you demonstrating that strength publicly.  Showing the "turn the other cheek" mentality.  Showing calm in the storm.  Laughing out loud at the adversity and maybe even saying to your friends the lemons/lemonade quote.  In reverse, the power of Strength is magnified.  Internal squared.  So I would interpret reversed Strength as being about Forgiving another person their trespasses, even without ever telling them.  It means total Acceptance too.  It is the power of the inner work that yields the same kind of transformation.

Last card, Sage.  Right side up, demonstrating wisdom.  Sharing it with others.  Acting on it.  Reversed?  Totally getting the lesson.  knowing it is a lesson and knowing that you have figured it out.  The kind of thing that makes you overall an older and wiser person.

So there you have the same three cards, but with the added complexity of orientation, you can see how there is more nuance and texture to the reading.

Keep up the readings.  Practice makes all the difference.

Rick
Very enlightening and enjoyable to read. Thanks Rick!