Bring4th

Full Version: Foods to stay away from
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would recommend every one to stay away from wheat and any gluten containing products in general. And stop drinking soda. I have and my digestion is just fine w/chicken and eggs, salmon, butter, coconut/oilive oil, veggies, salads, fruits, walnuts, dark chocolate, olive oil potato chips, water.

No more real mouth watering pizza. No more Oreos. No more hoagies. But I get to eat coconut bread/wraps. I'm ok with that. I have my own tasty items that I'm thankful for and look forward to every day. Chicken/Egg/Beef wraps w/cheese, lettuce, tomato.

I've accepted that I will no longer drink diet soda anymore. This must also be with regular soda. I can't stand either tea or coffee so I'm forced to drink much much more water now and limited juice.

But I've stopped eating all grains and no soda since Sunday and I did my usual walking and my digestion is great. No bloating and no excess gas at all this week.

Wheat Belly:

"Over 200 million Americans consume food products made of wheat every day. As a result, over 100 million experience some form of adverse health effect, ranging from minor rashes to high blood sugar to unattractive stomach bulges preventative cardiologist William Davis calls "wheat bellies." According to Davis, that excess fat has [i]nothing to do with gluttony, sloth, or too much butter: it's due to the whole grain wraps we eat for lunch.[/i]
After witnessing over 2,000 patients regain health after giving up wheat, Davis reached the disturbing conclusion that wheat is the single largest contributor to the nationwide obesity epidemic―and that elimination of wheat is key to dramatic weight loss and optimal health. In national bestseller, Dr. Davis exposes the harmful effects of what is actually a product of genetic tinkering and agribusiness being sold to the American public as "wheat"―and provides readers with a user-friendly, step-by-step plan to navigate a new wheat-free lifestyle."
Wheat Belly is a great book.
Do you eat wheat Plenum? And if you don't, did you notice a substantial impact on your well being as a result of giving it up?
(03-26-2016, 04:48 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]Do you eat wheat Plenum?  And if you don't, did you notice a substantial impact on your well being as a result of giving it up?

I've never heard of wheat plenum but Im sure it sneaked in somewhere.

The most impact is with gas relief and much less processed junk food cravings. A few weeks ago, I ate pasta for 2 weeks straight for dinner and I would always feel very gassy and just farting a lot. These were the deadly kind too so I knew my body doesn't handle mass wheat digestion very well. Most of my wheat consumption was from eating Lean Pockets or eating pretzels and cookies and hoagies.
(03-26-2016, 05:26 PM)GreatSpirit Wrote: [ -> ]I've never heard of wheat plenum but Im sure it sneaked in somewhere.

The most impact is with gas relief and much less processed junk food cravings. A few weeks ago, I ate pasta for 2 weeks straight for dinner and I would always feel very gassy and just farting a lot. These were the deadly kind too so I knew my body doesn't handle mass wheat digestion very well. Most of my wheat consumption was from eating Lean Pockets or eating pretzels and cookies and hoagies.

Thanks for your thoughts, I don't know if you were just kidding, but I was basically just seeing if Plenum had had a similar beneficial effect as you reported in your original post. I tend to eat a somewhat substantial amount of bread with few issues, but I like to hear what other health conscious people experience.
(03-26-2016, 04:48 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]Do you eat wheat Plenum?  And if you don't, did you notice a substantial impact on your well being as a result of giving it up?

well, I have to preface it by saying that I eat over 90% of my meals at home, and it's food cooked from scratch (well, I cook twice a week, and have enough to store in the fridge).

But no, I don't use wheat at all, when it comes to my own cooking.

On those rare occasions I eat out, it's not on any restricted list, and so I don't withhold it from myself.  In the same way that I am nominally vegan when eating at home, but if it's more social, then I'm fine with having dairy/eggs.  So I'm fine with wheat on those occasions.

/ /

in terms of it's 'ill effects', I can't say that wheat was horrific.  I didn't have the over-riding effects that many people seem to have.  But I think the author of that book makes a strong case that overconsumption of wheat (almost like anything) can lead to many poor health conditions.

I've definitely seen cases of people who have had drastic improvements to their physical condition just by the elimination of this one food type from their diet.
______
_______
(03-26-2016, 05:59 PM)GentleWanderer Wrote: [ -> ]What about coffee in moderate quantity ?

I haven't had coffee in quite a while, but I always found it had a beneficial effect for me personally.  I also noticed it boosted my self-confidence considerably.  Not sure what that was about, because it likely wasn't the caffeine, since it contains negligible amounts (relative to what I ingest on averageWink )
(03-26-2016, 05:34 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2016, 05:26 PM)GreatSpirit Wrote: [ -> ]I've never heard of wheat plenum but Im sure it sneaked in somewhere.

Thanks for your thoughts, I don't know if you were just kidding, 

I am sure he wasn't aware of the full context!  Tongue
I've been considering cutting out wheat for a while now but I'm not entirely sure if that is simply me falling for propaganda (I've read some rather negative things about Wheat Belly, the book Plenum mentioned) or some inner calling.  I think the general idea is that wheat is not what it once was, having been selectively bred extensively in a short space of time, apparently making it unsuitable.  I think the only way to find out is to cut it out of my diet for a good 2 weeks or so and measure the difference.  I often hear people talk about feeling sluggish after having bread so maybe there is something to it.
I've always thought wheat intolerance was associated more with conventionally farmed wheat, which is sprayed with Roundup and other chemicals a week before harvest to speed up the drying out/harvest process. I'm currently trying to look for more people who are gluten sensitive who switch to eating organic, unbleached wheat. I do not eat conventional wheat and I certainly wouldn't eat whole meals of it, but many people do, and I believe this is why they get bothered. Harsh pesticides do a number on our natural gut flora. I used to have severe, daily abdominal distress but honestly it ALL went away after going vegan. Occasionally I'll eat be eating something less than ideal and my gut will start to tell me "eh better lay off that" but I eat wheat and I've never noticed it as a trigger. Again, though, I eat almost exclusively organic wheat. I'd be curious if anyone else has any experiences.

Anyway, the fact is, making ANY decision to be more conscious of what we consume (and therefore in thought to be more respectful to the self) is beneficial in the metaphysical, healing sense.

Quote:40.13 Questioner: Then you are saying that cancer is quite easily healed mentally and is a good teaching tool because it is quite easily healed mentally and once the entity forgives the other-self at whom he is angry cancer will disappear. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is partially correct. The other portion of healing has to do with forgiveness of self and a greatly heightened respect for the self. This may conveniently be expressed by taking care in dietary matters. This is quite frequently a part of the healing and forgiving process. Your basic premise is correct.
Yeah the heightened respect for self must surely equate in a more autonymous diet.  I got serious gut pains travelling back from our local airport literally moments after having a big mac meal. (That big smiley clown face got me!)I mean lets be honest about the implications of a mixed harvest. A minority of STS harvestable entities are bent double in "control" and "manipulation".

Now if I happened to be one those, I would be investing my cash in food, medicine, communications. etc

And if I wasn't one of those, I would be (and am) looking for ethically grounded produce. You can usually sense a good, wholesome meal by the smiles that create it. When you make/consume beauty, it replenishes and gives back a whole lot more than its nutritional sum value.  Smile
(03-26-2016, 02:09 PM)GreatSpirit Wrote: [ -> ]I would recommend every one to stay away from wheat and any gluten containing products in general. And stop drinking soda. I have and my digestion is just fine w/chicken and eggs, salmon, butter, coconut/oilive oil, veggies, salads, fruits, walnuts, dark chocolate, olive oil potato chips, water.

No more real mouth watering pizza. No more Oreos. No more hoagies. But I get to eat coconut bread/wraps. I'm ok with that. I have my own tasty items that I'm thankful for and look forward to every day. Chicken/Egg/Beef wraps w/cheese, lettuce, tomato.

I've accepted that I will no longer drink diet soda anymore. This must also be with regular soda. I can't stand either tea or coffee so I'm forced to drink much much more water now and limited juice.

But I've stopped eating all grains and no soda since Sunday and I did my usual walking and my digestion is great. No bloating and no excess gas at all this week.

I feel certain foods react with us in certain ways due to pre-incarnative conditions. I don't seem to have an issue with wheat, or gluten, though my body doesn't do well with dairy products. I have actually tried the Paleo diet a couple of times, but my body didn't do well on it, as it lead to me becoming sick on both occasions. Recently, I've adopted a vegan diet, though this has more to do with the treatment toward animals, than it does for health. I feel that everyone's dietary needs are different, and they should take the time to see what foods work best for them. Subscribing to dietary fads, and guidelines government agencies layout is very confusing for a lot of people, and seems to have a subliminal affect on our minds. Just like with spirituality, find your own truth with food. Use your own discernment as you navigate the sometimes treacherous road of food choices.

From what I can understand of the Ra Material, allergies are pre-incarnative, and are meant as a learning tool.

From 98.5, Ra: The allergy may be seen to be the rejection upon a deep level of the mind complex of the environment of the mind/body/spirit complex. Thus the allergy may be seen in its pure form as the mental/emotional distortion of the deeper self.

Also, Ra mentioned that wanderers can tend to suffer from ailments such as allergies due to the extreme differences between the density from which they came, and the 3rd Density.

From 12.30, Ra: I am Ra. Due to the extreme variance between the vibratory distortions of third density and those of the more dense densities, if you will, Wanderers have as a general rule some form of handicap, difficulty, or feeling of alienation which is severe. The most common of these difficulties are alienation, the reaction against the planetary vibration by personality disorders, as you would call them, and body complex ailments indicating difficulty in adjustment to the planetary vibrations such as allergies, as you would call them.
I had a number of digestive ailments (which had plagued me for years) that vanished immediately when I quit eating wheat.  And I lost 30 pounds in the process....rapidly, in fact.
(03-28-2016, 08:15 AM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]I had a number of digestive ailments (which had plagued me for years) that vanished immediately when I quit eating wheat.  And I lost 30 pounds in the process....rapidly, in fact.

Did you quit any other grains or foods as well or was it just wheat?