Bring4th

Full Version: Philosophy according to Ra
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

2.6 Questioner: Consider them asked. I mean, I don’t have anything to go on. What is the proper use of this instrument? What should we do to maximize her ability to… comfort, rejuvenation, etc.?

Ra: I am Ra. We are pleased that you asked this question for it is not our understanding that we have the right/duty to share our perceptions on any subject but philosophy without direct question. However, this mind/body/spirit is not being correctly used and therefore is experiencing unnecessary distortions of body in the area of fatigue.

What does Ra refer to with philosophy? What are examples of philosophy in this context?
In terms of philosophy, they mean for example their philosophy of how one should interact with others, and those thoughts and behaviors that are consonant with the Law of One.  
One of the first things Ra says through Carla would be a good, concise script of their philosophy shared without any prompting:

Quote:Let us for a moment consider thought. What is it, my friends, to take thought? Took you then thought today? What thoughts did you think today? What thoughts were part of the original thought today? In how many of your thoughts did the creation abide? Was love contained? And was service freely given? You are not part of a material universe. You are part of a thought. You are dancing in a ballroom in which there is no material. You are dancing thoughts. You move your body, your mind, and your spirit in somewhat eccentric patterns for you have not completely grasped the concept that you are part of the original thought.
(03-31-2016, 04:06 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]One of the first things Ra says through Carla would be a good, concise script of their philosophy shared without any prompting:

Quote:Let us for a moment consider thought. What is it, my friends, to take thought? Took you then thought today? What thoughts did you think today? What thoughts were part of the original thought today? In how many of your thoughts did the creation abide? Was love contained? And was service freely given? You are not part of a material universe. You are part of a thought. You are dancing in a ballroom in which there is no material. You are dancing thoughts. You move your body, your mind, and your spirit in somewhat eccentric patterns for you have not completely grasped the concept that you are part of the original thought.

I forgot how much I enjoyed this sentence 
So Octaves and Logoi are not philosophy, since they directly asked questions about them?

I'm trying to figure out how much Ra would have revealed if it were all philosophy.
No, but there was very little that Ra offered that wasn't asked for. On occasion, Ra would mention when they would speak more philosophically about an issue than directly as Don questions. Really, I think it's basically all philosophy - it'd be more simple to pick out the parts of the Ra material that aren't philosophy, like stuff about Carla's or the cat's physical maintenance, or basically anything Ra would call transient - UFOs, the military, almost anything to do with numbers, stuff about history. The octaves and logoi are definitely philosophy, because it is not just 'facts' that Ra is giving us about creation, but ideas and things to think about in the context of our evolution, parables and analogies and whatnot.
Is the Ra material a new philosophy (when it was written)? Or does Buddha for instance say the same things?

Are there other philosophies out there that mirror what Ra had said, but don't copy him?
This is the first thing Ra says:

Quote:1.0 Ra: I am Ra. I have not spoken through this instrument before. We had to wait until she was precisely tuned, as we send a narrow-band vibration. We greet you in the love and in the light of our Infinite Creator.

We have watched your group. We have been called to your group, for you have a need for the diversity of experiences in channeling which go with a more intensive, or as you might call it, advanced approach to the system of studying the patterns of the illusions of your body, your mind, and your spirit, which you call seeking the truth. We hope to offer you a somewhat different slant upon the information which is always and ever the same.
(03-31-2016, 07:48 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]So Octaves and Logoi are not philosophy, since they directly asked questions about them?

I'm trying to figure out how much Ra would have revealed if it were all philosophy.

Personally, I'd classify those as metaphysics myself. I wouldn't call them philosophy since they don't directly relate to an individual entity's perceptions of or behavior towards the universe. They're just features of the universe, in the same way Mt Rushmore isn't a philosophical subject.
I believe anything Ra said that was "metaphysical" was meant to be interpreted through a philosophical bend. I don't think it was Ra's intent to ever discuss science, but Don's physics degree meant Ra was presenting a philosophy through that lens.