Bring4th

Full Version: Exercise of Fire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Exercise of Fire is mentioned in the Ra Material. Does anybody know what it is and how to do it?

-cobrien
its private unpublished healing material, since this is when Ra mentions the exercise of fire

Quote:29.33 Questioner: I’ll study it and possibly have something tomorrow since I don’t want to overtire the instrument. The instrument had a question if you have time for a short question, and I will read it. The instrument does not desire to do physical healing work. She already does spiritual balancing by hands. Can she read the private healing material without doing physical healing? I am assuming that she means can she read it without creating problems in her life pattern? She does not wish to incur lessening of positive polarity. Can she read this material under those conditions?

Ra: I am Ra. We shall speak shortly due to the fact that we are attempting to conserve this instrument’s vital energies during the three-month period of which we have spoken.

This entity has a experiential history of healing on levels other than the so-called physical. Thus it is acceptable that this material be read. However, the exercise of fire shall never be practiced by this instrument as it is used in the stronger form for the physical healing.

Is there any short query further before we close?
From context, I assumed it meant that Carla's should not use her body as an instrument to offer physical healing to others. I assume that the exercise of fire must use some physical energy component, which Carla lacked. If it refers to a specific ritual other than the channeling of healing energy in the form of light through oneself to another, I do not know.

Here is the Book 5 excerpt re: that session:

Quote:Jim: Ra had advised Carla never to do any kind of physical healing because she was always very low on physical energy, and such healing would tend to drain her already low reserve in that area.

Carla: Since I was a child, I have had some sort of odd ability to sit with someone and, with our hands in contact, be able to clear some of the surface clutter away from the other person’s mind or being. I have never investigated what I am doing, or how to do it better, trusting rather in my instinct for the right time to offer this. Perhaps I should, but it has always struck me as a very marginal gift, not one near my central path. I think that if I have any healing ability, it is in my listening. When someone comes to me for private counsel, I think of the time as a “listening session,” and see myself as a spiritual listener. There is much healing in a person’s talking something through with another in a supportive atmosphere. The listener simply enables the person to listen better to herself. And I have very deep instincts towards doing this. So this is where I have focused my own efforts to become a better healer. Listening is truly an art, and I think it begins with the way we listen to ourselves. There is a tremendous strength in knowing one’s full self, the dark side as well as the one that sees the light of everyday behavior.

Once one has finally become able to bear one’s own full nature and has gone through the painful process of surrendering the pride that would deny that wretchedness within, one becomes better able to love and forgive oneself. Often I think we feel our failure comes in being kind to another. But when this occurs, you can be sure the first and proximate cause of this outer ruthlessness lies within, in the self’s refusal to reckon with the full-circle self.
http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...se+of+fire

"I was just listening to Jim expand on the exercise of fire where one visualises the light/energy of the sun travelling through each chakra and then sending it on to someone to be healed."

Someone should ask Jim. This question comes up every now and then.
(04-02-2016, 09:30 AM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]From context, I assumed it meant that Carla's should not use her body as an instrument to offer physical healing to others. I assume that the exercise of fire must use some physical energy component, which Carla lacked. If it refers to a specific ritual other than the channeling of healing energy in the form of light through oneself to another, I do not know.

Here is the Book 5 excerpt re: that session:

Quote:Jim: Ra had advised Carla never to do any kind of physical healing because she was always very low on physical energy, and such healing would tend to drain her already low reserve in that area.

Carla: Since I was a child, I have had some sort of odd ability to sit with someone and, with our hands in contact, be able to clear some of the surface clutter away from the other person’s mind or being. I have never investigated what I am doing, or how to do it better, trusting rather in my instinct for the right time to offer this. Perhaps I should, but it has always struck me as a very marginal gift, not one near my central path. I think that if I have any healing ability, it is in my listening. When someone comes to me for private counsel, I think of the time as a “listening session,” and see myself as a spiritual listener. There is much healing in a person’s talking something through with another in a supportive atmosphere. The listener simply enables the person to listen better to herself. And I have very deep instincts towards doing this. So this is where I have focused my own efforts to become a better healer. Listening is truly an art, and I think it begins with the way we listen to ourselves. There is a tremendous strength in knowing one’s full self, the dark side as well as the one that sees the light of everyday behavior.

Once one has finally become able to bear one’s own full nature and has gone through the painful process of surrendering the pride that would deny that wretchedness within, one becomes better able to love and forgive oneself. Often I think we feel our failure comes in being kind to another. But when this occurs, you can be sure the first and proximate cause of this outer ruthlessness lies within, in the self’s refusal to reckon with the full-circle self.

"True preachers don't preach, they listen"

Don't know who spoke this quote originally but I got the sense that it referred to the least distorted version of preisthood. A voice without an opinion, in the context of healing is a worthy one imo. 
(04-02-2016, 11:41 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...se+of+fire

"I was just listening to Jim expand on the exercise of fire where one visualises the light/energy of the sun travelling through each chakra and then sending it on to someone to be healed."

Someone should ask Jim. This question comes up every now and then.

Can you share the link in which Jim was speaking? Or were you literally in the same room?

I like to sungaze and can look directly at the sun for several minutes. It would be a shame if I am wasting this opportunity to help others!
The text I quoted is a statement from another member from the linked thread, so I can't answer that.
Here's what I (once) gathered from the Ra material, about the exercise of fire:

Ra Wrote:The spiritual body energy field is a pathway, or channel. When body and mind are receptive and open, then the spirit can become a functioning shuttle or communicator from the entity’s individual energy of will upwards, and from the streamings of the creative fire and wind downwards.

In the exercise of the fire {...} the healer would be working with the same energy that we spoke of as entering through the crown chakra. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct with some additional notation necessary for your thought in continuing this line of study. When the magical personality has been seated in the green-ray energy center for healing work the energy then may be seen to be the crystalline center through which body energy is channeled. Thus this particular form of healing uses both the energy of the adept and the energy of the upward spiraling light. As the green-ray center becomes more brilliant, and we would note this brilliance does not imply over-activation but rather crystallization, the energy of the green-ray center of the body complex spirals twice; firstly, clockwise from the green-ray energy center to the right shoulder, through the head, the right elbow, down through the solar plexus, and to the left hand. This sweeps all the body complex energy into a channel which then rotates the great circle clockwise again from right — we correct this instrument — from the left to the feet, to the right hand, to the crown, to the left hand, and so forth.

Thus the in-coming body energy, crystallized, regularized, and channeled by the adept’s personality reaching to the green-ray energy center, may then pour out the combined energies of the adept which is incarnate thus offering the service of healing to an entity requesting that service. This basic situation is accomplished as well when there is an entity which is working through a channel to heal.

In the exercise of fire some physical complex energy is also channeled. ...

The physical energy transfer may be done numerous ways.

We shall give two examples. Each begins with some sense of the self as Creator or in some way the magical personality being invoked. This may be consciously or unconsciously done. Firstly, that exercise of which we have spoken called the exercise of fire: this is, though physical energy transfer, not that which is deeply involved in the body complex combinations. Thusly the transfer is subtle and each transfer unique in what is offered and what is accepted. At this point we may note that this is the cause for the infinite array of possible energy transfers.

In the exercise of the fire you may see the initial spiral clockwise from the green-ray energy center, through the shoulders and head, then through the elbows, then to the left hand.

I believe the quote of Jim talking about it was about a podcast session, but I can't find it right now.

-`ღ´-
Okay, that makes sense: Ra calls a physical energy transfer the "exercise of fire". Ra doesn't talk much about physical energy transfers, mostly sexual (which involves physical and spiritual energy transfers), and social.
It sounds like just visualizing the chakras with prana moving around them and going out into another. Fairly common healing technique??

If i remember correctly didn't the exercise come form an esoteric book?
What is interesting is if you use something to symbolize fire or fire energy in an exercise. Don't.
I have a distortion of fire - it is a tornado. Fire wasn't a natural event.