Bring4th

Full Version: Your doctor lied to you
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The #1 leading cause of death in America is heart disease, which can be prevented. But what is it that people are eating that eventually leads to heart disease? I believe it's due to the Western diet itself. Literally, what we've been told to eat I'd say since the 70s is exactly what is killing us! And that's wrong. Parents feed their kids literally garbage in the form of "heart healthy" processed breakfast cereals, toast, and bagels while mainstream doctors are telling us that it's consumption of saturated fats, cholesterol, meat, and butter that leads to clogged arteries and heart disease. Such nonsense. People who eat low fat diets no matter how many veggies they eat are most likely doomed to die early. Only fat can absorb certain critical vitamins found in foods. Fat does not make you fat. Overeating aka eating too many calories from ANYTHING will make you fat. You know what I usually eat for breakfast? 3-4 scrambled eggs fried in coconut oil just about everyday.

- Too much wheat/gluten/grain consumption
- High amounts of Omega 6 fatty acids
- Not enough Vitamin C

But wait? I thought wheat and unsaturated fats are good for you? Not as much as you'd think besides Omega 3s...and most people don't even get enough of that. Don't even bother buying whole wheat either. According to the book Wheat Belly, 2 slices of bread actually raise your blood sugar much more than a Snickers bar. The solution is don't eat any wheat or gluten. The book also says don't even bother with gluten-free products as their ingredients like rice starch could raise blood sugar even more. Read the ingredient line!

Omega 6 is an essential fatty acid. We need it. But the Western diet is saturated with this fat and lacks the proper Omega 6/3 ratios. Omega 6 is essential, yet pro inflammatory. Using vegetable oils like canola, soybean etc are just so devastating that it's not even funny. These oils are also vastly cheaper, so thats why companies use them.

I always say, if you want to lose weight, just drop your calories. But if you want to be "healthy", then watch what you eat.
Isn't the average life span steadily increasing? Used to be people died quite commonly in there 60s. Now 90 isn't even impressive, people are exceeding the centenary mark.

Later today I'm going to help move a 97 year old into an assisted living apartment.
He has been and easily still could live on his own. I see so many people in their 90s now I don't think anything is killing us.
There is just so much information that's it's confusing. I bet that's their tactic to make money even over those who think they eat healthy.
Well, Forks Over Knives was the movie I watched, and it's about the largest comprehensive health study ever done, in China, which showed that eating more than 5% animals products is what switched the "on" flip for cancer and heart disease - and eating less than 5% animals products meant almost zero cancer growth/cholesterol build up. Honestly, that was what made me go vegan: I realized on that day that I didn't have to die of cancer or a heart attack, which I thought was just about everyone's inevitable death. I made the decision for my health and stuck with it, and haven't regretted it for a moment, because my health got 100% better.

Really, I think worrying about what you eat, period, is detrimental. The point is to "grasp the baton" as Ra says and make choices that make you feel good and that make you feel like you're nourishing your body. If you think wheat is making you sick, try giving it up! Fasting from eating something isn't a punishment, though we've made the word 'diet' to convince ourselves that it is. If you're worried about vitamin rations and whatnot, I think you're also missing the point. It's not about eliminating what you think is "bad" for you, it's about putting more focus into what you believe is "good" for you, and being honest with yourself about it.
The thing is once you're well informed about every product if you focus on what is supposed to be bad for you you can't eat wheat, you can't eat meat, you can't eat dairy products and you can't eat most fruits and vedgetebles unless you are certain they are bio and without any chemicals. So basically you can eat nuts and bio veggies. Yet variety is also a factor but how do you get variety out of this? You have to kind of like everything that's going into your mouth to succeed at this.

So the choice is either you eat what taste or feels good with faith and kind of reach balance between body health and mental health or you eat nuts and bio veggies in as much variety as you're able to and exercise and hope that's enough not to die of any bad disease.

I also think we don't need to eat as much as the government says so. 3 times a day everyday is a lot. I don' think the body is designed to have access to that much food all the time. It's design so there's some period where it is a little harder to find food. That's why fasting is beneficial. There are a lot of positive research about fasting.
(04-03-2016, 04:25 PM)matrix_drumr Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is once you're well informed about every product if you focus on what is supposed to be bad for you you can't eat wheat, you can't eat meat, you can't eat dairy products and you can't eat most fruits and vedgetebles unless you are certain they are bio and without any chemicals. So basically you can eat nuts and bio veggies. Yet variety is also a factor but how do you get variety out of this? You have to kind of like everything that's going into your mouth to succeed at this.

So the choice is either you eat what taste or feels good with faith and kind of reach balance between body health and mental health or you eat nuts and bio veggies in as much variety as you're able to and exercise and hope that's enough not to die of any bad disease.

I also think we don't need to eat as much as the government says so. 3 times a day everyday is a lot. I don' think the body is designed to have access to that much food all the time. It's design so there's some period where it is a little harder to find food. That's why fasting is beneficial. There are a lot of positive research about fasting.

3 times a day too much?? BWAHAHAHA!!! I eat more like 5-6 times a day but that's because I like to eat. I don't eat traditional, regular whole meals though. It's usually just one or 2 things. I just operate differently when it comes to eating food. The traditional American family meal consists of multiple food items, at least 3 or 4 foods, so yes from that perspective eating 3 times a day like that is probably too much.

Pay more attention to how many calories you take in per day though, rather than how many times you eat a day. I'd def have to say the government's recommendation of 2000 calories is far too much for the vast majority of Americans unless you're a bodybuilder or just really big and tall.
(04-03-2016, 01:38 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't the average life span steadily increasing? Used to be people died quite commonly in there 60s. Now 90 isn't even impressive, people are exceeding the centenary mark.

Later today I'm going to help move a 97 year old into an assisted living apartment.
He has been and easily still could live on his own. I see so many people in their 90s now I don't think anything is killing us.

They're discovering new ways to cheat death every week.  Tongue My grandma is turning 93 this month, but she's overweight and can't really walk that well anymore. I really don't think she'll last too much longer. She's still very much coherent though.
(04-03-2016, 05:45 PM)GreatSpirit Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2016, 01:38 PM)Glow Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't the average life span steadily increasing? Used to be people died quite commonly in there 60s. Now 90 isn't even impressive, people are exceeding the centenary mark.

They're discovering new ways to cheat death every week.  Tongue My grandma is turning 93 this month, but she's overweight and can't really walk that well anymore. I really don't think she'll last too much longer. She's still very much coherent though.

lol I'm not sure I need to live past 85.
Maybe at 80 I will go on an all junk foof diet and hurry things along.Wink watch that be just what old folks need, preservatives and high fructose corn syrup. Live forever. Wink