Bring4th

Full Version: Living meditation = living with love
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's easy to find inner peace and joy while sitting in meditation.  In meditation, the pressures and worries of life vanish, and the mental chatter that normally pulls and shoves us this way and that is not allowed to stick - like the famous Bobo doll, we bounce right back to centered beingness.  

Yet it is the experience of many that, as soon as meditation ends, the world returns and begins depositing its various gifts of catalyst at our feet.  And when this happens, we can slowly and gradually begin to lose our joy.  Unless something changes, we can continue experiencing life as a see-saw of post-meditation highs and between-meditation lows.

How to get off the seesaw?  Well, many don't meditate at all, and this produces a sense of stability.  Not happy stability, but without experiencing the joy that a clear life-energy system provides, they do not know what they are missing and remain discontentedly placid.

Once the spontaneous joy of spiritual/energetic clarity is experienced, however, one tends to wish to capture and maintain that lovely state.

The answer is "living meditation": taking meditation with us, out of the peaceful seclusion of the mountaintop into the catalyst-rich bustle of the marketplace.

But what does that mean?  Clearly one cannot walk through life, work, and family duties with half-closed eyes and legs crossed into the lotus position (not that these are essential aspects of meditation, or even necessary) - but that is precisely my point: what are the essential features of meditation?  How does one bring meditation into every activity?

The answer, I have found, is simple but profound: Love.  To avoid unnecessary confusion: The outflowing energy of the heart chakra is what I mean by "love".

Love has the unique ability - magical, in fact - to bring anything in Creation into harmony with the self.  Harmony is resonance; resonance is oneness or wholeness; and wholeness is health.  Love heals by harmonizing all it touches; another way of expressing the same idea is this: love brings Oneness into Manyness, Truth into Illusion.  By filling Illusion with Truth, it transforms it back into Oneness.  This capacity is very, very profound.

The most fascinating part of all this, to me, is that it doesn't matter what you are loving (by this, I mean "radiating love towards" or "focusing on while radiating love from the heart chakra") - healing still occurs, probably because Love is the energy of Unity, and therefore it does not matter what it's directed towards.  All Love is presumably always directed towards the One, and the particular form being focused on does not matter.

So far, I've found that Love is capable of 1) producing joyfulness, 2) healing past traumas and unprocessed catalyst, and 3) overcoming fearfulness of all kinds.  Of course, also, love creates a bubble of protection.

How does one utilize this?  The process is simple but may require lots of practice.

First, practice loving on demand.  I will avoid metaphysical language here to make it simple, which it is.  Think of someone or something you feel warm fuzzies toward, the melty feeling - this could be a pet, a child, spouse, a picture on Reddit in /r/aww - whatever creates that particular feeling will do.  Everyone has experienced it.  Animals are great in this regard because our love for animals is generally very uncomplicated, it's pure rather than the mixed emotions we might have in our complex human relationships.  So if you are the type to cuddle up with a pet, start with that feeling right there.

Second, practice finding that same emotion when thinking of other things.  Towards a random tree, random person walking by, yourself.  Practice turning it on on demand.

Once you're there, you can start doing real work with it!  Edit: radiating love is real work - it's the work of finding and spreading joy and harmony, inside and out.  It's the work of polarizing positively, just by virtue of radiating love to the Universe. But it can also be applied to in-depth healing, which is what I meant to say.  Whenever we have a negative emotion that seems excessive or out of place, it's a sign of a distortion in our personality shell that needs healing.  Notice it - focus on it - turn on the Love.  Boom!  (in case of deeply entrenched distortions, the "Boom" may take multiple sessions, but the benefits should begin becoming apparent fairly quickly).

So I'll just leave this here and move right along.

(Incidentally, can we get a green heart emoticon?  That's not quite so girly? For more liberal sprinkling around the forum than the current hot-pink one lends itself to?  Just a thought!)
Here's the specific process for extinguishing anxiety:

1. First, sit down and meditate, and in your meditation find unconditional love towards anything or anyone. Radiate it like a floodlight shining from your heart chakra, and let that continue for some time - 4-5 minutes should suffice.

2. When you feel that the current of love which you are producing is both stable and strong, turn your attention to whatever is provoking anxiety. BE MINDFUL when you do so, because the fear will immediately attempt to shut down your heart center's activity. You must not let it. When you do succeed in maintaining the radiant flow of Love while focusing on your work, continue while remaining mindful of your love-state. The love must continue to flow uninterrupted for a minimum of 10 minutes (or so) in order to have ANY impact on your fear whatsoever. The longer it lasts while you're engaging with whatever you fear, the greater/stronger reduction in fear you will experience the next time.

Also see the edit in my preceding post above.
(04-07-2016, 07:06 PM)Stranger Wrote: [ -> ]It's easy to find inner peace and joy while sitting in meditation.  In meditation, the pressures and worries of life vanish, and the mental chatter that normally pulls and shoves us this way and that is not allowed to stick - like the famous Bobo doll, we bounce right back to centered beingness.  

Yet it is the experience of many that, as soon as meditation ends, the world returns and begins depositing its various gifts of catalyst at our feet.  And when this happens, we can slowly and gradually begin to lose our joy.  Unless something changes, we can continue experiencing life as a see-saw of post-meditation highs and between-meditation lows.

How to get off the seesaw?  Well, many don't meditate at all, and this produces a sense of stability.  Not happy stability, but without experiencing the joy that a clear life-energy system provides, they do not know what they are missing and remain discontentedly placid.

Once the spontaneous joy of spiritual/energetic clarity is experienced, however, one tends to wish to capture and maintain that lovely state.

The answer is "living meditation": taking meditation with us, out of the peaceful seclusion of the mountaintop into the catalyst-rich bustle of the marketplace.

But what does that mean?  Clearly one cannot walk through life, work, and family duties with half-closed eyes and legs crossed into the lotus position (not that these are essential aspects of meditation, or even necessary) - but that is precisely my point: what are the essential features of meditation?  How does one bring meditation into every activity?

The answer, I have found, is simple but profound: Love.  To avoid unnecessary confusion: The outflowing energy of the heart chakra is what I mean by "love".

Love has the unique ability - magical, in fact - to bring anything in Creation into harmony with the self.  Harmony is resonance; resonance is oneness or wholeness; and wholeness is health.  Love heals by harmonizing all it touches; another way of expressing the same idea is this: love brings Oneness into Manyness, Truth into Illusion.  By filling Illusion with Truth, it transforms it back into Oneness.  This capacity is very, very profound.

The most fascinating part of all this, to me, is that it doesn't matter what you are loving (by this, I mean "radiating love towards" or "focusing on while radiating love from the heart chakra") - healing still occurs, probably because Love is the energy of Unity, and therefore it does not matter what it's directed towards.  All Love is presumably always directed towards the One, and the particular form being focused on does not matter.

So far, I've found that Love is capable of 1) producing joyfulness, 2) healing past traumas and unprocessed catalyst, and 3) overcoming fearfulness of all kinds.  Of course, also, love creates a bubble of protection.

How does one utilize this?  The process is simple but may require lots of practice.

First, practice loving on demand.  I will avoid metaphysical language here to make it simple, which it is.  Think of someone or something you feel warm fuzzies toward, the melty feeling - this could be a pet, a child, spouse, a picture on Reddit in /r/aww - whatever creates that particular feeling will do.  Everyone has experienced it.  Animals are great in this regard because our love for animals is generally very uncomplicated, it's pure rather than the mixed emotions we might have in our complex human relationships.  So if you are the type to cuddle up with a pet, start with that feeling right there.

Second, practice finding that same emotion when thinking of other things.  Towards a random tree, random person walking by, yourself.  Practice turning it on on demand.

Once you're there, you can start doing real work with it!  Edit: radiating love is real work - it's the work of finding and spreading joy and harmony, inside and out.  It's the work of polarizing positively, just by virtue of radiating love to the Universe.  But it can also be applied to in-depth healing, which is what I meant to say.  Whenever we have a negative emotion that seems excessive or out of place, it's a sign of a distortion in our personality shell that needs healing.  Notice it - focus on it - turn on the Love.  Boom!  (in case of deeply entrenched distortions, the "Boom" may take multiple sessions, but the benefits should begin becoming apparent fairly quickly).

So I'll just leave this here and move right along.

(Incidentally, can we get a green heart emoticon?  That's not quite so girly? For more liberal sprinkling around the forum than the current hot-pink one lends itself to?  Just a thought!)

Spot on s*** right there.
This is very interesting, because this is basically the exact training program I am developing through. After I overcame some severe blockages last December, I gained the ability to work directly with the love/joy/healing energies. Initially, I used my heart chakra and lungs as a "pump" in order to radiate love to those around me.

Doing this significantly increases joy, and a person close to me could feel "rainbows" coming from my energy field. I still utilize this technique, though I am taking an alternative approach for now.

This approach involves calming myself down through a breathing technique similar to "rebirthing," and letting the love of God flow through me and go to whoever needs it. I feel the healing energy tingling through my hands that I am used to when performing Reiki. My grandmother who lives with me became suddenly drowsy while I was doing this several times, because she is very receptive to my energy. Even still, I pray that the love/healing energy goes to the whole Earth and anyone who needs it. The energy is naturally drawn from me through the same nature as distance healing.

The difference between this technique and the older one is that in this, I let the energy just flow through me and act as a channel, rather than acting as a pump and directing the energy. This technique is more powerful, even though pumping was originally necessary to clear the passageways and enable the automatic flow.

My intuition/guidance suggests that the more quality time I spend in this healing state, immersed in the love of the Creator, the more healing and joy I will naturally receive, and my abilities will grealty expand. Yesterday when doing this technique I contacted a level of intelligent infinity, and hope to get into that state more frequently.
(04-21-2016, 05:11 PM)awakenspencer Wrote: [ -> ]My intuition/guidance suggests that the more quality time I spend in this healing state, immersed in the love of the Creator, the more healing and joy I will naturally receive, and my abilities will grealty expand. Yesterday when doing this technique I contacted a level of intelligent infinity, and hope to get into that state more frequently.

I believe Ra said not to try chasing a past feeling/experience, but instead work on moving forward. Trying to re-experience something keeps one stuck in the past.

I learned that when I felt my heart open so wide I was in tears one day, and it has been futile for me to experience a heart-opened experience like that again.
Of course, I am not trying to recreate exactly what happens, but rather expand upon it and go further with new experiences. I utilize the same basic techniques until I am guided to adjustments or expansions in methodology. The goal is to immerse myself in love/healing/intelligent infinity. The specific experience or result need not be repeated.
I realize there are only so many ways to meditate on love. You're bound to repeat some of the same techniques. I think technique is ok.

Like right now I feel extremely lonely, so I have to focus on self love. I think my nerves cause me to throw up a couple of times, without feeling sick. I still haven't gotten to the bottom of why my throat gets all tickly, causing me to retch.

I find love in past lives, but I realize they are only for guidance and I shouldn't rely on them too much.

I believe I touch on intelligent infinity through my profound (and seemingly infinite) loneliness.
My only recommendation would be to remember what Ra said - that we are all of these things. We can balance loneliness with togetherness and community. In the same way, we can see the undertones of sadness in joy, and the undertones of joy in sadness.
Two days ago I saw a license plate that said JOY. But it didn't really make me feel any better. I was at the dentist having them fill 4 teeth.

Right now I'm somewhat neutral. I don't feel any particular way. But I'm not content.