Bring4th

Full Version: Aimless wanderer, but not without direction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, I’d like to say that I don’t know that I am a wanderer. In many respects I fit the mold, and in many others I don’t. If I am a wanderer, then I suspect that I’ve been here for a long time. Long enough to become comfortable with the planet, its flora and fauna, its rhythms and idiosyncrasies, its players and spectators, its virtues and faults. Regardless, I am delighted to be here now, and look forward to whatever part I may play in our planet’s evolution.

I was born in 1960, the third son of a physician father and pragmatic spiritualist mother. Although there was little more than two years separation between my oldest brother and myself (three kids in 30 months), I've always been closest to my sister, who was born five years after me.

My early years were fascinating to me. My siblings and I were truly blessed with wonderful parents. They always interacted with us as though we were little adults, each question taken seriously and answered truthfully, but appropriately for our stage of mental development. They also encouraged us to seek knowledge everywhere and to question everything, thus ensuring that whatever we learned, we made our own. This was especially true of religious teachings. Although we were raised attending a Southern Baptist church (as both my parents had been), we were exposed to a plethora of religious thoughts and customs and encouraged to ignore the dogma associated with each and find the central message which was inevitably one of acceptance and compassion.

Through my father’s work, I learned the true meaning of service to others. He was, and remains, utterly committed to those around him as physician, teacher, father, spouse and friend. In addition to being a remarkably intelligent man (who actually graduated from medical school at the age of 21), he is also infinitely compassionate and empathetic. At around the time my sister was born, he decline very lucrative opportunities to perform his surgical specialty in order to return to his small hometown and take over his ailing father’s general medical practice. For several years as I grew up he was the only physician in our county, and he frequently accepted payment in the form of home grown vegetables or homemade dishes. Thus also began my lifelong love of southern victuals. From this also I learned to appreciate the importance of graciously accepting whatever someone has to offer, thus giving back to them the honor/duty of their service to you. (Note: This is especially difficult if you’ve ever received a bushel of zucchini, which, as anyone that’s ever cooked it knows, is enough to feed a small third world country.)

Similarly, through my mother I learned the meaning of service and dedication to her family and to the raising of children of the universe. Life was love, and an adventure, but not without lessons in sharing, caring and again empathy. I can’t say that we were actually taught empathy, but I recall practicing it with my siblings and parents from an early age. This ceaseless need to view things from another’s perspective rather than judge (or prejudge) based upon their actions has been a foundational tenet of my life. My mother also exposed me to concepts of reincarnation, yoga and meditation, ESP, astral travel and all manner of paranormal phenomena. As young as the age of five or six I recall discussing with my mother the importance of the silver chord which attaches my astral body to my physical body, and that I “should not listen to anyone when I astral travel that might suggest that I follow him through a door to a place where there is no unhappiness or want...” Ya Gotta love all that motherly wisdom.

I was raised in the Deep South during the time of the civil rights movement. I remember being completely bewildered by the strong emotions being displayed all around me. I watched in wonder as Martin Luther King, Jr. marched, spoke, and changed the world for so many around me. I then felt all their heartbreak when he was assassinated. It was a truly amazing time to be alive, and I'm both proud that I was there, and embarrassed that I made no service for that cause other than sending love and light through my empathy and emotions.

I was an eager learner and voracious consumer of all things metaphysical. As such, I was frequently very confused by the messages that I learned in Church or Sunday School. Indeed, I frequently found that I had a totally different understanding of many Biblical quotes than was conventional wisdom. As a simple example, the fact that “God created man in his image”, meant to me that God created man from what he saw in his mind’s eye, or imagination, rather than creating man to look like him. Still, something inside me told me to only share these thoughts with people I knew I could trust to understand them. So, I assimilated very well in every organization and interpersonal endeavor that I attempted.

I look... familiar. I've been told that all my life, usually by perfect strangers. They walk up to me, and recognize me, but they're never sure from where. I usually just play along now, trying to find the common place or time that we share. It's a fun game, but always futile. I just mark it down as another synchronicity.

I excelled in school and graduated valedictorian of my high school class a month after I turned 16. I then entered college and found that I was drawn to engineering and computers. In spite of my age, I assimilated well into college life and became close friends with several people that were actually upperclassmen at the time. Still, aside from my ability to assimilate and gravitate to others with whom I could speak openly of any matters, I largely lived within my head and found myself a bit of a loner even in the midst of a close group and have continued to do so throughout life. Interestingly, I would say that I still feel close to many of these people, most of whom I haven’t seen or spoken to in over 30 years.

The summer after my first year or college, I attended an EST training, in which came my first conscious realization that I was god. This resonated with me strongly and kicked off another set of learning and exploring that included studies of the Bhagavad Gita, the Upanishads, Enochian Physics, A Course in Miracles, Parmahansa Yogananda, and then to Roy Eugene Davis and Kriya Yoga practice. These studies lasted over twenty years and a couple of careers.

I met my wife, an amazing woman, toward the end of my first career as a fighter aircraft design engineer. She was a fellow engineer with whom I felt an immediate kinship. While we were dating, we quickly learned that we had similar metaphysical beliefs and interests, and we both knew that although we were where we were for a reason, it was not where we belonged. Shortly after we got married, she left the company to attend medical school, and I left to be with her. This is typical of my life, wherein I regularly find myself leaving very successful and prestigious positions in order to go do what “feels right”.

We had our first child when my wife finished medical school, and our lives took a decided step up in frequency. Our second was born three years later, and third two years after that. The challenges of juggling careers, and kids certainly put a crimp on our metaphysical advancement, but not in its importance to us.

On the heals of 9/11, I realized that this would be a significant wakeup call to many entities that were currently sleeping, myself included. This led me, through a series of intuitive directions, to the Law of One, and it is here that I finally found enough additional information to complete my sense of how things work and begin to understand what part I may play in the future’s unfolding.

I am eternally grateful to all of you at this site and across this great planet for creating an opportunity for me to be here with you and experience these amazing times.

Love and Light.

Your humble servant

3D Sunset
Nice story. I too am agnostic as to my wandererness, but I don't guess it really matters. Growing up with a spiritualist mother must have been interesting.

fairyfarmgirl

Good Greetings 3D Sunset:

I do understand what it means to have bushels of zucchinni! LOL yes it is enough to last a very long time eating it 3 meals a day in its many forms@

Thank you for sharing your story of awakening to know yourSelf more intimately!

fairyfarmgirl
Man, I love these stories. I see myself in everyone. Thank you so much for being here 3D Sunset, for sharing your story and radiating the life that shines forth from the heart of your being.

Love and Light,
GLB
Wow! What wonderful parents! And I can tell that you really appreciate them a lot! Thanks for sharing!
Indeed, what a gift your parents were to you & your perceptions of the world around you! Wonderful story, and hearing how others have awakened is truly a gift to us in itself!

Thank you for sharing!

L&L
Alloura
Thanks for sharing, 3D. I envy your spiritual upbringing! I hope to provide a similar service for my own children when when they are of the right age.
You and I could be fraternal twins.

It's nice to know I'm not so different after all.

Love,

Lakewolf