Bring4th

Full Version: i'm nobody's doormat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i was coming home from the grocery store when i saw my next
door neighbor who has been on vacation for about three weeks.
he said hello so i went over to welcome him back and immediately he
started in on the mta and abuses of the the union workers who worked
for the mta. he knows that i am a member of the twu(transit workers
union) and he's going on about how many people in the mta make over
$200,000 a year . i pointed out that i know several bus drivers make over
$100,000 but they also put in an awful lot of hours to make that kind of money. i told him that i thought there are abuses in the union but that i
believed there are much greater abuses on the part of corporations than
there are on the part of unions. he kept going on about how a guy punching tickets on a train was making too much money and basically i told him that people like him want to see every working person make
20,000 dollars a year and have them work like a slave and that i was not
cleaning up anybodys crap which he seems to want me to do. i started
raise my voice and then i just walked away. my take is that he is awfully
arrogant to imply that im making too much money he doesnt know what i
do at work but he seems to feel that he has a right to basically lump
every working person into the category of overpaid and underworked.
bottom line is this people like to walk around casting aspersions and if
somebody wants to insinuate something to me im going to come right back at them and let them know how i feel. i dont care if they like it or
not if they dont want to hear it dont come around with some agenda and
u wont have a problem

norral
It's hard to show love to grumpy people when they put you on the defensive and say mean things and you're trying to be nice. We all have to have our boundaries, and not become doormats. It's a delicate balance, for sure. Seems like every interaction with an other self has a lesson for us, if we can figure it out.
(06-12-2010, 11:18 PM)solitary Wrote: [ -> ]It's hard to show love to grumpy people when they put you on the defensive and say mean things and you're trying to be nice. We all have to have our boundaries, and not become doormats. It's a delicate balance, for sure. Seems like every interaction with an other self has a lesson for us, if we can figure it out.

I just remember this from Ra channelings:

Quote:Questioner: Can you expand on the concept which is that it is necessary for an entity, during incarnation in the physical as we know it, to become polarized or interact properly with other entities and why this isn’t possible in between incarnations when the entity is aware of what he wants to do. Why must he come into an incarnation and lose conscious memory of what he wants to do and then act in a way in which he hopes to act?
Ra: I am Ra. Let us give the example of the man who sees all the poker hands. He then knows the game. It is but child’s play to gamble, for it is no risk. The other hands are known. The possibilities are known and the hand will be played correctly but with no interest.

In time/space and in the true color green density, the hands of all are open to the eye. The thoughts, the feelings, the troubles, all these may be seen. There is no deception and no desire for deception. Thus much may be accomplished in harmony but the mind/body/spirit gains little polarity from this interaction.

Let us re-examine this metaphor and multiply it into the longest poker game you can imagine, a lifetime. The cards are love, dislike, limitation, unhappiness, pleasure, etc. They are dealt and re-dealt and re-dealt continuously. You may, during this incarnation begin—and we stress begin—to know your own cards. You may begin to find the love within you. You may begin to balance your pleasure, your limitations, etc. However, your only indication of other-selves’ cards is to look into the eyes.

You cannot remember your hand, their hands, perhaps even the rules of this game. This game can only be won by those who lose their cards in the melting influence of love, can only be won by those who lay their pleasures, their limitations, their all upon the table face up and say inwardly: “All, all of you players, each other-self, whatever your hand, I love you.” This is the game: to know, to accept, to forgive, to balance, and to open the self in love. This cannot be done without the forgetting, for it would carry no weight in the life of the mind/body/spirit being-ness totality.

Is there a brief query before we leave this instrument?

If this helps, this how I try to think of most situations.
Great reminder. One of my most troubling issues this time around has been a compassion distortion that manifests in letting myself be tromped on, then overreacting by total withdrawal from social situations and having no further communication with the presumed tromper. I did that as a kid, and six decades later, I still do it. Very frustrating.:-/
(06-13-2010, 09:07 AM)solitary Wrote: [ -> ]Great reminder. One of my most troubling issues this time around has been a compassion distortion that manifests in letting myself be tromped on, then overreacting by total withdrawal from social situations and having no further communication with the presumed tromper. I did that as a kid, and six decades later, I still do it. Very frustrating.:-/

thats what im saying. a lot of people get off on belittling others. that is
just a fact. if you dont stand up to them they will continue. im not going to let anybody get away with that with me and there is nothing unloving
about standing up for yourself. do i want conflict- no not really - but i
wont run away from it either.

peace
norral
I'm right there with you, norral. The worst I've ever felt in this lifetime are the occasions when I didn't stand up for myself and gave up power to people who were abusive, when I didn't fight back, when I caved to negativity, and was left with feeling awful about my own cowardice and trying to pick up the pieces, if I could find any. u r not alone, either.
Not easy. A tricky balancing act. Remember that he is trying to get a "rise" out of you. Pushing your buttons. Try to remain unemotional and brush him off. How much does his opinion mean to you? Don't let him steal your energy, or your good mood.