Bring4th

Full Version: The rose of the heart.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:"Some entities seek to balance their open and loving hearts with more wisdom. Other wise souls come into incarnation hoping to break open their hearts and link that unconditional love vibration with wisdom in a more balanced and equal fashion. There are also some who seek the right use of power, balancing it either with love or with wisdom or with both. These are the usual areas of which concern the soul going into incarnation."

I believe the paths to the heart are many. I am not sure how open my heart truly is. I can say that i have an intellectual compassion in an analytical sense, to give an example i could say that if i was to view an event i could tell what is compassionate and what is acting through ignorance, that is if my mind is focused on the present moment and not clouded. Being mindful or aware of ones actions and interactions or rather simply the self i believe is a great benefit to doing the correct thing. If one is not aware of the thoughts we think, how can one make a choice towards the service to others path? I have been a rather emotional stern individual for most of my live , perhaps other than say childhood or during growth such as the natural emotional uncertainty of puberty. This seems to be a fairly common emotional pattern for most normal people. I guess my main question is when does one move from the intellectual understanding of the heart, which is to say a moral or ethical philosophy and into the direct emotional or feelings of the heart? I have mild moments when i have an warm feeling in my heart, that great joy, that sweetness, the closeness but i cannot be said to have that feeling greatly often.

I do not consider myself to be an negative person, but i believe i have a stronger intellectual ability towards compassion rather than an direct emotional experience. I can understand right from wrong through common sense or moral values. This is surely a good place to be and with mindfulness i can bring that choice into each moment, to choice understanding over ignorance. Is it simply the fact that i am an emotional unmoved type of person? or is my heart still in potential and awaiting further activation?
That's so interesting! I feel like I know many people like you. Knowing right from wrong, and compassion from indifference but they don't feel the physical feeling of empathy that some people seem like they are born with. For me it feels like a rope pulling on my heart to whoever I'm feeling for in that moment, electric, charged, sharp and undeniable.

I feel like a path to this kind of heart-opening might be having children. Though I don't have any myself, I have seen the change in many people when they experience that unconditional love that a parent has for their child. I think the trick at that point, though, is taking that love and extending it, once you have a grasp of it, to the rest of the universe. I find it sad when I notice people who clearly love their children with a mighty force but only allow it to encircle the child, turning the emotion outside that circle to something worse than indifference, into something more like a cold, hard defense.
I was about to do a write-up on a recent Q'uo session, and maybe it has something to do with this. The gist was thus: An overabundance of wisdom is rarely helpful. Sometimes wisdom is knowing when to open the heart and be vulnerable as an offering to another self.

For what it's worth, I feel the warmth of your open heart. I do sense the trepidation, however. Are you afraid of vulnerability? Have you been hurt before? Do you think emotions are messy? Or without value? I think you can be fine keeping your steely self but I think we're all here to learn how to open our heart more and more, after years of building walls around our sensitive parts. So I think any effort in this direction is worthwhile.
How important is being 'correct' anyways? I don't think compassion can be "analyzed" because on the outside you can't really see the motivations. All you can really determine is what you would do in a situation. So, if you ask me, your analysis doesn't really seem to have anything to do with empathy or actual understanding of other individuals (from the way you describe it), it's more of just a mechanical observation of good vs bad.

The heart is about unconditional love and compassion for all. So much focus on the wisdom of ethics and morals is, imo, not touching the heart because the heart wouldn't be trying to compare people against eachother to see who is "more compassionate" or not but would be looking to recognize the good and the Creator in each and all rather than making comparisons.

Always trying or wanting to be right is pretty useless as far as understanding others goes, I think. Speaking from experience as I've always been much more intellectually based as well.
I've lived trying to be right; always seeking only the truth. Following that path I came to paradox after paradox, and realized there is no right or wrong. I am not above the process, so why have that expectation of myself. "Mistakes" are part of the richness of the experience. Love makes the process more fun; makes you more adaptable. With experience, wisdom will come along anyway.
(05-11-2016, 01:39 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:"Some entities seek to balance their open and loving hearts with more wisdom. Other wise souls come into incarnation hoping to break open their hearts and link that unconditional love vibration with wisdom in a more balanced and equal fashion. There are also some who seek the right use of power, balancing it either with love or with wisdom or with both. These are the usual areas of which concern the soul going into incarnation."

I believe the paths to the heart are many. I am not sure how open my heart truly is. I can say that i have an intellectual compassion in an analytical sense, to give an example i could say that if i was to view an event i could tell what is compassionate and what is acting through ignorance, that is if my mind is focused on the present moment and not clouded. Being mindful or aware of ones actions and interactions or rather simply the self i believe is a great benefit to doing the correct thing. If one is not aware of the thoughts we think, how can one make a choice towards the service to others path? I have been a rather emotional stern individual for most of my live , perhaps other than say childhood or during growth such as the natural emotional uncertainty of puberty. This seems to be a fairly common emotional pattern for most normal people. I guess my main question is when does one move from the intellectual understanding of the heart, which is to say a moral or ethical philosophy and into the direct emotional or feelings of the heart? I have mild moments when i have an warm feeling in my heart, that great joy, that sweetness, the closeness but i cannot be said to have that feeling greatly often.

I do not consider myself to be an negative person, but i believe i have a stronger intellectual ability towards compassion rather than an direct emotional experience. I can understand right from wrong through common sense or moral values. This is surely a good place to be and with mindfulness i can bring that choice into each moment, to choice understanding over ignorance. Is it simply the fact that i am an emotional unmoved type of person? or is my heart still in potential and awaiting further activation?

Your heart is open enough, judging by your choice of avatar.
Quote:Questioner: From that statement I interpret the following. If the Experience of the Mind has sufficiently chosen the right-hand path, and as total purity is approached in the choosing of the right-hand path, then total imperviousness from the effect of the left-hand catalyst is also approached. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is exquisitely perceptive. The seeker which has purely chosen the service-to-others path shall certainly not have a variant apparent incarnational experience. There is no outward shelter in your illusion from the gusts, flurries, and blizzards of quick and cruel catalyst.
However, to the pure, all that is encountered speaks of the love and the light of the One Infinite Creator. The cruelest blow is seen with an ambiance of challenges offered and opportunities to come. Thusly, the great pitch of light is held high above such an one so that all interpretation may be seen to be protected by light.

I think the above quotation is fairly to the point for my current experience. It shows how the mind is used in the cultivation of the right hand path. Having accepted and let go of the negative side of the self, the self continues on the path of purity.
As such, has the path been encouraging you to explore your emotional side more thoroughly? Now that you feel safer against the flurries and blizzards of catalyst, do you think you should explore that scary human beingness?
(05-11-2016, 03:32 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]How important is being 'correct' anyways? I don't think compassion can be "analyzed" because on the outside you can't really see the motivations. All you can really determine is what you would do in a situation. So, if you ask me, your analysis doesn't really seem to have anything to do with empathy or actual understanding of other individuals (from the way you describe it), it's more of just a mechanical observation of good vs bad.

The heart is about unconditional love and compassion for all. So much focus on the wisdom of ethics and morals is, imo, not touching the heart because the heart wouldn't be trying to compare people against eachother to see who is "more compassionate" or not but would be looking to recognize the good and the Creator in each and all rather than making comparisons.

Always trying or wanting to be right is pretty useless as far as understanding others goes, I think. Speaking from experience as I've always been much more intellectually based as well.

I would agree here in saying that compassion can not be logically analyzed. There are a lot of experiences in which I chose the seeming illogical path to fellow other-selves. In such ways that I would take a small loss in money. Or just readily helping someone in the physical. I have been working on not constantly checking my own spiritual temp. I also believe I overly analyze my ray energy, and try to manipulate them. On another hand, I enjoy your view-point Aion, and make it a point to read many of your post.
(05-12-2016, 01:35 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]As such, has the path been encouraging you to explore your emotional side more thoroughly? Now that you feel safer against the flurries and blizzards of catalyst, do you think you should explore that scary human beingness?

Its not that i do not explore my emotional side, its more that i am not sure how to get tune with it? Or perhaps i do not have a great deal of emotional catalyst.

In relation to compassion not being a logical thought, i understand that, i was thinking more along the lines of a path or method that one could develop along the right hand path.
Looking back at how my own heart opened, I simply faced my biggest fear which was life without cannabis. It was initially a traumatic experience, but transformed into months of joy. So I would imagine that passing through the courtyard of our heart and into the centre, and making peace with, or confronting our fears is what the many paths to it have in common.

Carla used the metaphor of lions guarding the gates to our heart centre in her book "101, The Choice". That metaphor made perfect sense to me because it points to our balancing, or shadow work. Meaning that the slightest of unstudied portions of the self will result in us being blown down the steps by the sniff of a lions curiosity. 
(05-12-2016, 01:41 PM)Infinite Unity Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2016, 03:32 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]How important is being 'correct' anyways? I don't think compassion can be "analyzed" because on the outside you can't really see the motivations. All you can really determine is what you would do in a situation. So, if you ask me, your analysis doesn't really seem to have anything to do with empathy or actual understanding of other individuals (from the way you describe it), it's more of just a mechanical observation of good vs bad.

I would agree here in saying that compassion can not be logically analyzed. There are a lot of experiences in which I chose the seeming illogical path to fellow other-selves. In such ways that I would take a small loss in money. Or just readily helping someone in the physical. I have been working on not constantly checking my own spiritual temp. I also believe I overly analyze my ray energy, and try to manipulate them. On another hand, I enjoy your view-point Aion, and make it a point to read many of your post.

Aha! Thanks, I am sometimes not sure if my demeanor is sometimes too sharp or blunt so I am glad someone enjoys my thoughts. I have done... a lot of irrational things in my life due to following intuition and people are baffled by me at times but I have a way of making things work out in the end.

I also don't really think there is anything wrong with influence or doing work with your energy system, manipulating as you might call it, so long as you are honest with what you are experiencing and not trying to deceive yourself in to not feeling or avoiding any particular feeling.