Bring4th

Full Version: Wheel within a wheel and the cherubim with sleepless eye?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't think I understand what Ra is referring to here:

Quote:Questioner: Then Yahweh, in an attempt to correct what he saw as what I might call a mistake (I know you don’t want to call it that), started 3,300 years ago with the positive philosophy. Were both the Orion and Yahweh philosophies impressed telepathically, or were there other techniques used?

Ra: I am Ra. There were two other techniques used: one by the entity no longer called Yahweh, who still felt that if it could raise up entities which were superior to the negative forces, that these superior entities could spread the Law of One. Thus this entity, “Yod Heh Shin Vau Heh,” came among your people in form according to incarnate being and mated in the normal reproductive manner of your physical complexes, thus birthing a generation of much larger beings, these beings called “Anak.”

The other method used to greater effect later in the scenario, as you would call it, was the thought-form such as we often use among your peoples to suggest the mysterious or the sublime. You may be familiar with some of these appearances.

Questioner: Could you state some of those after making the instrument cough, please?

Ra: [Cough.] I am Ra. This is information which you may discover. However, we will briefly point the way by indicating the so-called wheel within a wheel and the cherubim with sleepless eye.

I understand they're pointing to the Wheel of Fortune / Catalyst of the Body, but that doesn't make me any the wiser. Are they referring to actual sightings of Confederation craft? Or perhaps going on board?
The wheel within a wheel is a reference to Ezekiel's vision of God from the old testament https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel+1

The cherubim with the sleepless eye comes from a Eucharistic chant called "Let all mortal flesh keep silence" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_all_mo...ep_silence

Ra probably picked those specific images cause they resonated with Carla's Christian beliefs.
Thanks Spaced! Most interesting! I have always kept the old testament at arm's length!
Yeah I had this discussion in private about this quote. I was given this hexagram seal by a psychic a couple of months before I came across the LOO, back in 2013. I had my reservations about sharing this at first, but currently feel it's fine to share it here  Smile

[Image: fZpXNzX.jpg]

Notice how the image has been turned 90 degrees clockwise? I think there is a magical reason for that. Similarly to why Yahweh changed their name.

Like the tarot cards, I think the imagery form of communication proves more efficient as a less distorted translation.
The all seeing eye is a symbol of the macro-being. The one who is behind all eyes, and sees all things. The One Infinite Creator. The Observer.
Some representations of Ezekiel's vision:

[Image: seraph+from+Monreale+cathedral.jpg]
[Image: ezekiel-s-vision-print-16x20.jpg]
[Image: God_on_His_Throne_-_Ezekiels_vision_01.jpg]
[Image: Z0EQshgItWwHlx-rC-0atgcbKy_FQBzrMQs2qzuX...NjDPk=s0-d]

This one looks similar to the tarot card (chariot).
(01-28-2019, 01:04 PM)loostudent Wrote: [ -> ][Image: Z0EQshgItWwHlx-rC-0atgcbKy_FQBzrMQs2qzuX...NjDPk=s0-d]

This one looks similar to the tarot card (chariot).

I’ve recently read about this picture in Hall’s The Secret Teachings of All Ages!

In regards to the picture he says the following:
Quote:The Vision of Ezekiel.
This plate, which is from the first Protestant Bible published in Spanish, shows the Mercavah, or chariot of Jehovah, which appeared to Ezekiel by the river Chebar. The prophet beheld four strange creatures (E), each having four heads, four wings, and brazen hoods like those of a calf. And there were four wheels (F) filled with eyes. Where the Cherubim went the wheels went also. The space between the cherubim and the wheels was filled with coals of fire. Upon the top of the chariot was a throne, upon which sat the likeness of a man (H). Ezekiel fell upon his knees when he beheld the Mercavah surrounded by a whirlwind of clouds and flames (A, B, C). A hand (K) reached out from the clouds and the prophet was ordered to eat of a scroll which the hand held forth.

According to mystics, the wheels supporting the throne of God represent the orbits of the planets, and the entire solar system is properly a Mercavah, or chariot of God. One of the divisions of the Qabbalah—that dealing with the arts and sciences of those planes which are under the heavens—is called the Mercavah. In the Zohar it is written that the celestial throne of Ezekiel’s vision signifies the traditional law; the appearance of a man sitting upon the throne represents the written law. Philo Judaeus in describing the cherubim upon the Ark of the Covenant declares that the figures are an intimation of the revolutions of the whole heavens, one of the cherubim representing the outer circumference and the other the inner sphere. Facing each other, they represent the two hemispheres of the world. The flaming sword of the cherubim of Genesis is the Central motion and agitation of the heavenly bodies. In all probability it represents the solar ray.

—Manly P. Hall, The Secret Teachings of All Ages

The letters in the quote above are in reference to parts of the picture so that the reader can follow along.

Hall uses the term “cherubim” very liberally as another term for angel, it seems. In my understanding, the four Holy Living Creatures are the Chiaoth ha-Qedesh, the choir of angels corresponding to the highest Sephiroth, Kether. The cherubim are the angels guarding the Garden of Eden. Cherubim means the “strong ones” and they’re often pictured as great beings with the bodies of men and the heads of a bull. It’s not that important here though to make the distinction, but there are distinctions.

Another interpretation of the wheels within wheels posits that it represents the four world’s of the Qabalists.
I think it refers to this one.

http://innomine.wikia.com/wiki/Ofanim
(01-29-2019, 03:14 PM)Cyan Wrote: [ -> ]I think it refers to this one.

http://innomine.wikia.com/wiki/Ofanim

Yes! The Auphanim are called the “circling ones”, the “Wheels”. The Chiaoth ha-Qedesh and the Auphanim are choirs of angels belonging to the Supernal spheres (Kether and Chokmah respectively), so this fits quite well with the nature of Ezekiel’s vision. Thanks for including that!!
Interesting. I have seen the wheel while meditating; it began with four spokes, then in subsequent meditations, over time, the number of spokes increased incrementally until there were many. Sometimes it was in motion, rotating, sometimes not. A couple times there appeared to be some kind of overlap.

Someone told me it might be a Dharma wheel, which can be depicted with different numbers of spokes.