Bring4th

Full Version: The body in its natural functions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is one of the "richest" quotes in the Ra material, often quoted. I just posted it in the other thread and realized how Ra says we must balance love and wisdom in the use of the body in its natural functions. I thought about bumping the Ayahuasca thread for this discussion, since it was where we had the more recent intercourse on this subject, but I figured it deserved its own thread.

What do you think this quote means, in context?

Quote:4.17 Questioner: I have no idea of how long this would take or if you can even tell anything about that. Is it possible for you to give me a synopsis of the program of training required? I have no knowledge of what questions to ask at this point. I’ll ask that question in the hopes that it makes sense.

Ra: I am Ra. We consider your request for information, for as you noted, there are a significant number of vibratory sound complexes which can be used in sequence to train the healer.

The synopsis is a very appropriate entry that you might understand what is involved.

Firstly, the mind must be known to itself. This is perhaps the most demanding part of healing work. If the mind knows itself then the most important aspect of healing has occurred, for consciousness is the microcosm of the Law of One.

The second part has to do with the disciplines of the body complexes. In the streamings reaching your planet at this time, these understandings and disciplines have to do with the balance between love and wisdom in the use of the body in its natural functions.

The third area is the spiritual, and in this area the first two disciplines are connected through the attainment of contact with intelligent infinity.

I will share what I think it means, because over the past few days I feel I have achieved a deeper understanding of this passage.

Firstly, in context, we must see that Don has asked Ra how to be a healer. This is a very specific task but, one I think most Wanderers resonate with: We want to heal the 3rd density reality so that it is able to transition into 4th density reality as quickly as possible.

The first and most difficult step is learning the mind. Our minds are basically on autopilot 24/7, until we start taking our own "flying lessons". Soon we're spending a few hours here and there in control, and gradually, if we keep up our practice, we can succeed at becoming "full-time" pilots, or at least maybe 36-hour-per-week pilots. Tongue

Anyway, my point being that we must decide to "take the reigns" as a higher-density self, to stop the constant, programmed running of the mind and begin to self-edit the negative thoughts that limit us and our reality, and reprogram thoughts of expansion, unity, and healing. This is step one.

Step two then turns this outward, into, how do I see that which I feel inside being represented in the physical manifestation outside of me? Ra says we must balance between love and wisdom in the use of the body in its natural functions. To me, this means working with the energy that is given to us in abundance, instead of trying to alter it to get what we want quicker. Gaia truly provides for us absolutely everything we could ever need - and if you haven't found something yet, it's likely just still hiding. But we humans have the drive to always feel unsated, to need more, the be "efficient" as Q'uo says. But if we want to balance and heal the body, we can't force it, we must just create the space for it to heal itself.

The third, the spiritual part, is not the last part, but the whole part. Through attainment of contact with intelligent infinity (i.e. daily meditation), the spirit is able to unify the mind and the body to work together. This means we can take what we have learned in the "thought realm" (microcosm) into the "body realm" (macrocosm). Sometimes the sentiment here is that one could, and even should, spend all of their effort on the thought realm and none or very little on the body realm. That may be true, but we must take into consideration that we ARE mind/BODY/spirit complexes for a reason - we have come to 3D reality to play with manifestation in these "confines". And also, there are 3rd density entities who almost solely affect change through the thought realm - they are called monks and usually live in total solitude. We have all taken the more social, interactive path for a reason. And with monks, even then specifically it is their act of isolating themselves from a social species that carries weight alongside their actions in the thought realm.

But Ra says that cultivating our mind/body/spirit and then moving through groups is a good service to perform. Presumably, having a high vibration affects those around us in a positive way, by helping ward away negative vibes and such, and by giving people a physical, breathing example of a being at true peace. This is how I understand healing to be performed, by opening a space to allow others to choose for themselves to heal themselves. And no attachment to the outcome means that we shouldn't need to see the butterfly's effects after we've moved the air with our wings - but, just making the attempt to be sure to flutter to air about as many people as possible, while wishing them the best for themselves, for everyone. This attitude takes effort and some conscious recognition to cultivate.

Anyway, this is Law of One Law of Attraction. But, most people don't use the basic Law of Attraction with the efforts to heal, especially not to heal the macrocosm. And I think "healing" the body complex involves cultivating a space where the "natural functions" of the body (physical manifestation) are allowed their expression, with wisdom used to alter them in only the most minor, yet cooperative forms. But before you can invoke wisdom on how to use the body's natural functions, it's really important to cultivate total compassion for the body's natural functions.

These are my thoughts this Sunday morning. I'd enjoy any others that may be had on this quote!!
I see the human body as yet another microcosm. The microcosm of the "universal body" or universe at large (and this is the actual Logoic macrocosm, both in mind and in matter).

And in terms of the body in its natural functions in the context of the Ra quote, I generally take the quote to mean we need to take care of the body complex: i.e. exercise it, eat what we perceive to be life sustaining nutrition and water, get enough rest, and get sunlight and fresh air as well. To me, these are the natural functions of the body we must attend to.

They actually went into more detail with regard to that very question in section 61.

Quote:61.6 Questioner: I want to ask a few questions Jim had here about the healing exercises. The first is, in the healing exercise concerning the body, what do you mean by the disciplines of the body having to do with the balance between love and wisdom in the use of the body in its natural functions?

Ra: I am Ra. We shall speak more briefly than usual due to this instrument’s use of the transferred energy. We, therefore, request further queries if our reply is not sufficient.

The body complex has natural functions. Many of these have to do with the unmanifested self and are normally not subject to the need for balancing. There are natural functions which have to do with other-self. Among these are touching, loving, the sexual life, and those times when the company of another is craved to combat the type of loneliness which is the natural function of the body as opposed to those types of loneliness which are of the mind/emotion complex or of the spirit.

When these natural functions may be observed in the daily life they may be examined in order that the love of self and love of other-self versus the wisdom regarding the use of natural functions may be observed. There are many fantasies and stray thoughts which may be examined in most of your peoples in this balancing process.

Equally to be balanced is the withdrawal from the need for these natural functions with regard to other-self. On the one hand there is an excess of love. It must be determined whether this is love of self or other-self or both. On the other hand there is an over-balance towards wisdom.

It is well to know the body complex so that it is an ally, balanced and ready to be clearly used as a tool, for each bodily function may be used in higher and higher, if you will, complexes of energy with other-self. No matter what the behavior, the important balancing is the understanding of each interaction on this level with other-selves so that whether the balance may be love/wisdom or wisdom/love, the other-self is seen by the self in a balanced configuration and the self is thus freed for further work.

So it is essentially the process of balancing the natural needs of the body complex with regard to self, and with regard to other self. Just as we have mental needs, we have physical needs, and spiritual needs. And these may be tended to with wisdom, love, and balance, or they can be approached without this balance in more unhealthy and destructive ways. For example, someone might combat not getting enough sleep with simply ingesting more stimulants so that they don't need as much sleep, much to the detriment of their body. Or someone might not feel they have time to eat a well balanced meal so they simply eat a couple donuts for breakfast at work to fill themselves up.

If the body is balanced, it then serves as a very pristine tool by which the mind may operate and express through. It then doesn't negate and resist the actions of the mind thus making any work more effective since the body is the medium by which our minds interact with this world. And as Ra stated each of these natural processes of the body may be raised to higher and higher levels of sacramental behavior.

Quote:Imagine the body. Imagine the more dense aspects of the body. Proceed therefrom to the very finest knowledge of energy pathways which revolve and cause the body to be energized. Understand that all natural functions of the body have all aspects from dense to fine, and can be transmuted to what you may call sacramental.

So every one of our natural physical behaviors can be elevated to higher and higher vibrational expressions. Eating can become a holy act, sleeping can become a holy act, love making can become a holy act, and so on up the tree of functions till even the physical world becomes a harmonious and balanced expression of infinite intelligence.
But what about in the context of the body as the macrocosm, and not just the personal physical vehicle? Doesn't the quote imply that "taking care of the body in its natural functions" means in regards to the whole of physical manifestation?
(05-15-2016, 03:03 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]But what about in the context of the body as the macrocosm, and not just the personal physical vehicle? Doesn't the quote imply that "taking care of the body in its natural functions" means in regards to the whole of physical manifestation?

To my understanding the quote was in was specifically in regards to personal body complexes, but we could probably extend its implications to greater heights. Since the the universal macrocosmic body is an amalgamation of all the microcosmic body complexes, it would stand to reason that if all the microcosmic body complexes were in balance, so then would be the universal body as a whole. Or even just the "planetary complex" if we don't want to go too far "out there".

I tend to see them as holographic reflections of one another, so that you can both truthfully say, as an example: the macrocosm caused the microcosm to happen, and also simultaneously truthfully say the microcosm caused the macrocosm.  If oneness is true, then the outer and inner are not two separate things but simply different perspectives on the same thing. In other words, a fractal expression of unity.

So having said that, I think that you are "taking care of the whole of physical manifestation" by bringing yourself personally into balance. Because if the "part" is "in balance" it is no longer operating as a rogue cell, but naturally in spontaneous harmony with the whole. In this circumstance, the impulses to act are "inspired" by connection, unconsciously and automatically, rather than being inspired from a place of disconnection, and as such, whatever you "felt like doing" would be in concert with the harmony of the Whole.

Anyway, that is how I see it. And just to be clear, in case there was any misunderstanding, I wasn't disagreeing with anything you said (except possibly that the personal body is the macrocosm and the mind being the microcosm), really, just adding my own thoughts and interpretation to the quote you provided.

In the context of the law of attraction, I think that if you heal the self thoroughly enough, the reflection in the world naturally happens. When I am at peace inwardly that is when I am most helpful in the outer world, when I *genuinely* feel like assisting other beings with whatever I can assist them with. Some people have a misguided notion of the law of attraction that they will sit on their couch and manifest everything they desire from life (similar to what you said about monks), but they fail to understand that the law of attraction doesn't imply that the universe is *subservient* to them but rather, *cooperative* with them. In essence, their mind/body/spirit complex is a piece of the universe too, so their own actions are also part of the cooperative action of the universe in its process of manifestation. So someone who is really in a state of nonresistance (which I would call contact with intelligent infinity), will naturally feel like "taking inspired outer action" towards their desires.

Then again, there will be times when their outer action is not the cooperative component the universe calls for, in which case, there will be no impulse as such, and there might be some down time. And which is which becomes clear to the exact same degree as one is personally in balance. Being in balance allows one to have good impulses, and good timing, because when you are in balance you are operating from divine impulses and divine timing, which is action inspired from the interpenetrating oneness between and among all things.
Quote:Anyway, that is how I see it. And just to be clear, in case there was any misunderstanding, I wasn't disagreeing with anything you said (except possibly that the personal body is the macrocosm and the mind being the microcosm), really, just adding my own thoughts and interpretation to the quote you provided.

I just want to clarify that I only referred to the mind as the microcosm because that is what Ra says in the quote 4.17. I haven't made any suggestions towards the personal body.

Quote:Firstly, the mind must be known to itself. This is perhaps the most demanding part of healing work. If the mind knows itself then the most important aspect of healing has occurred, for consciousness is the microcosm of the Law of One.

Which is the basis then of many of my subsequent thoughts.

If we give more weight to the mind realm, then why does Ra says that we should carry out non-STO desires within the mind-realm?
"the mind must be known to itself", what does that mean? What is the mind? Let's start there. Have we ever really conceived of that? I once read something in conversations with God where "God" said your mind is in every cell of your body, not just the brain. I have learned from a Quo session that Neale Donald Walsh was talking to his higher self, so I consider Conversations with God an ally in my spiritual quest. I also listened to a radiolab podcast once where they were discussing that paralysed people feel less emotion, which made me think of what I read in Conversations with God again.

We know it's our thinking apparatus. We know our emotions come from there. We know the body is a creature of the mind. We know it's lightning fast... when you open your hand and pick up something you barely think of doing it. We know it can be controlled or influenced by whatever reaches it through the five senses and dreams. We know it's a storehouse for memory. Not to steer this conversation off the rails, but from what I have gleaned thus far from my excursions all over the place, I think the mind is a tool of third density, and it should be stilled so that the spirit can start having an influence on it.

Why do all meditation gurus always say bypass the mind? Some of them even insinuate that it will benefit you to consider it an enemy of sorts. So what does "the mind must be known to itself" really mean? Please bare in mind that I conceive of the mind as much more than a faculty if intellect, or as Carla would say, a good game computer. One third of the the complex being that we are is something we don't understand...
Not sure if we are allowed to share articles here? Im certain that i will be notified if not. Just thought this was an entertaining read years back and in relation to yin yangs post...ITS NOT A CREDIBLE NEWS SOURCE. Just thought provoking.

http://www.theonion.com/article/psycholo...say--36586

Over the past few days, researchers across the psychology spectrum have reportedly discontinued their experiments and returned their funding to its original sources, stating that further investigations had been rendered irrelevant by the completely unreliable and fatally subjective nature of the human mind.

“If only we could step outside these imperfect intellects for but one moment and observe our mental functions as they truly are,” said clinical psychologist Deborah Yamada, who explained that the discipline was inherently and fatally corrupted by the inescapable reality that the examiner and the examined are one and the same. “And yet, when we honestly appraise the human condition, what can the mind truly know that is not a mere waking dream?”
what I gather from the "mind must know itself" is the understanding that nothing can truly be known here in this density. As per the law of confusion.

The healing process is the understanding and subsequent release of the minds firm grasp of knowing and holding onto something that is in a constant state of flux.

As i see it, when I release opinions on something. The healing process has begun. I feel it instantly.

just my 2 cents (maybe less)
(05-15-2016, 03:57 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]I just want to clarify that I only referred to the mind as the microcosm because that is what Ra says in the quote 4.17. I haven't made any suggestions towards the personal body.

My apologies if I misinterpreted what you said. When you said, "This means we can take what we have learned in the "thought realm" (microcosm) into the "body realm" (macrocosm)." it sounded like you were referring to the personal body. If you refer to the "thought realm" as the microcosm, why wouldn't the "body realm" be a microcosm as well? That is the source of my confusion.

Maybe I just interpret what Ra said differently but when they referred to consciousness as the microcosm of the Law of One, I interpret them to be referring to the "personal consciousness", because if we aren't referring to the personal consciousness, it would be the Logos' consciousness, which would be macrocosmic in scope to my way of reckoning.

(05-15-2016, 03:57 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]If we give more weight to the mind realm, then why does Ra says that we should carry out non-STO desires within the mind-realm?

First off, I don't give more weight to the mind realm. It is as illusory as the body realm.  

What I said is that the inner and outer are reflections of one another. So when you look at the world of body, or the world of mind, you are seeing consciousness, as both are manifestations of consciousness. Mind is inner motion, and body is outer motion. Consciousness, in my view, is the backdrop of motion (I would lean towards calling it spirit).

Secondly, Ra advises that because for the most part, we don't have conscious access to the part of the mind realm that everybody sees (you can see this "objective mind reality" if you astral project however). If we did, Ra simply wouldn't even advise that, because it would be no different than doing it in the physical world. Our personal thoughts eventually seep into the "consensus mind" but it doesn't usually happen instantly, there is a process involved, so there is a degree of latitude between subjective thought and objective manifestation.

When you engage with "others" in the "outer world" you are simultaneously engaging with "others" in the "inner world" as well (though we not usually consciously aware of this). But as I said, the inner and outer are simply different perspectives on the same "thing" (consciousness). The consensus reality is an amalgamation of overlapping personal realities. But just as there are parts of the outer world which do not overlap with others' outer world, there are parts of the inner world which do not overlap with others' inner world. Thus, when Ra admonishes us to carry out our STS desires in imagination, they mean to say: in our own personal, non overlapping portion of reality (the orange ray complex of mind). Sort of like venting your violent impulses on NPC's in video games as opposed to going out and doing them to others.
(05-15-2016, 03:46 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]...Then again, there will be times when their outer action is not the cooperative component the universe calls for, in which case, there will be no impulse as such, and there might be some down time. And which is which becomes clear to the exact same degree as one is personally in balance. Being in balance allows one to have good impulses, and good timing, because when you are in balance you are operating from divine impulses and divine timing, which is action inspired from the interpenetrating oneness between and among all things.

Very well said! Thank you.
I think perhaps what I'm getting at is that "the mind must be known to itself" isn't a cognitive task, it is also achieved through meditation (part of the mystery). I'm not sure.
YinYang, what would you say it means to "know" something? How would you characterize the difference between "knowing" as opposed to "not knowing" something? Answering that question might yield some insight into the mystery.
This quote (4.17) is a description of the archetypical cycle. "The mind must know itself" = an adept must begin to use the "hierarchy" of the mind to its advantage. It's not so much as what the mind contains, but how the conscious 3rd density mind works.
Anagogy, that would be a cognitive function, which would yield no results to me. This is such a complex thing for me to convey, that I don't even know where to start. We refer to the archetypical mind. I think that's perhaps a good entry point. Is knowing our own mind knowing the Creator? And is Ra referring to the deep mind when they say "the mind must be known to itself"?
The veil of perception stands between the knower and the known. Infinite perspectives exist. Which one is true?

To know the mind is to understand its ungraspability.

Contemplate the nature of infinity. Then let it go.
Furthermore, is any perspective false? Ever?
When nothing is known, everything is understood.
(05-15-2016, 05:36 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: [ -> ]This quote (4.17) is a description of the archetypical cycle. "The mind must know itself" = an adept must begin to use the "hierarchy" of the mind to its advantage. It's not so much as what the mind contains, but how the conscious 3rd density mind works.

Apologies for focussing on the mind, when you wanted to focus on the body in this thread. I'll just have to keep following Ra's instruction when they said the mind must be opened like a door, and the key is silence. I think the value of the cognitive mind is quite limited in this pursuit, although many of Ra's exercises are cognitive exercizes, but I think it's just to "set the stage" so to speak, for the stillness which should be achieved, thus the hierarchy you are referring to.
I have a tendency to overthink things!
No worries! I actually don't mind thread tangents, and it's actually really tricky to nail the whole "hierarchy" of mind/body/spirit complexes, so I think it's hard to separate the two concepts in discussion.
Yeah, after I have finished The Art of Meditation a few days ago, I'm just going to meditate and let the universe do its thing. Joel Goldsmith also says the process has little to do with understanding, and he also emphasises regularly that it's grace (the experience which ultimately happens) but until that point, devotion and persistence is key.

He also speaks of leaving the world for "a season", which made me think of this:

Quote:Questioner: Could I say, then, that implicit in the process of becoming adept is the seeming polarization towards service to self because the adept becomes disassociated with many of his kind?

Ra: I am Ra. This is likely to occur. The apparent happening is disassociation whether the truth is service to self and thus true disassociation from other-selves or service-to-others and thus true association with the heart of all other-selves and disassociation only from the illusory husks which prevent the adept from correctly perceiving the self and other-self as one.

...but to still this mind of mine?
I think you are right that focusing on meditation is really step one. And sometimes step one takes a long time. I also feel a huge difference between the push behind many, many consecutive days of dedicate meditation and the feeling one gets when they miss one or two.

I've been meditating and dedicated to studying the Law of One for almost 3 years now. It's just like almost any learning process - you peak and plateau, and sometimes fall down and roll backwards down the hill. But not worrying about apparent progress is a big help I think.
(If I'm getting too crazy, please let me know)
The themes of the densities and energy centers are as follows:

1. Awareness
2. Growth
3. Self-Awareness
4. Love
5. Wisdom
6. Unity (gateway to intelligent infinity)
7. Omniscience

I believe we can experience the macrocosm (In this case I mean an octave of consciousness/existence) within a microcosm (in this case, I mean our individual lives).
Restated: We can experience an octave within our life as we grow in consciousness.

An example using Ra's words from this thread:

3. "The mind must be known to itself"
4. "these understandings and disciplines have to do with the balance between love"
5. "and wisdom in the use of the body in its natural functions"
6. "the first two disciplines are connected through the attainment of contact with intelligent infinity."

This may be a "duh" for many of you, but what I'm implying here is that the physical may be just as important as the mental and spiritual. Mind body and spirit are perhaps fractals of eachother.

I believe what Ra means is that when an entity is in complete balance of each density of mind, body and spirit, healing will naturally occur.
Shayne Wrote:what I'm implying here is that the physical may be just as important as the mental and spiritual

True, but it brings us back to the hierarchy again, or I prefer the word sequence in which awareness or realisation is usually attained, which starts with the mind, but will then eventually have effects on the body or the physical world, to the degree of the level of awareness.

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. The metaphysical and physical are inseparable.

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. We would first respond to your confusion as regards the various writings upon the archetypical mind. You may well consider the very informative difference between a thing in itself and its relationships or functions. There is much study of archetype which is actually the study of functions, relationships, and correspondences. The study of planets, for instance, is an example of archetype seen as function. However, the archetypes are, first and most profoundly, things in themselves and the pondering of them and their purest relationships with each other should be the most useful foundation for the study of the archetypical mind.

We now address your query as to the archetype which is the Matrix of the Mind. As to its name, the name of Magician is understandable when you consider that consciousness is the great foundation, mystery, and revelation which makes this particular density possible. The self-conscious entity is full of the magic of that which is to come. It may be considered first, for the mind is the first of the complexes to be developed by the student of spiritual evolution.
Jae Wrote:ITS NOT A CREDIBLE NEWS SOURCE.

It was funny! And what do you mean by credible news source? Those 3 words just don't go together...
Sequence.
I like that. I will meditate on that throughout my day.

This massive game of discovery/experience is fun and daunting haha.
Jade Wrote:But not worrying about apparent progress is a big help I think.

This has been a realisation of mine as well. I personally believe meditation to be like a unique friendship. The same way when Don asked Ra "is there a best way to meditate?", you might as well ask someone "how do you do the friendship thing? Step by step", or "how do you fall in love?"... so the same way you don't monitor progress in a spontaneous friendship or relationship, you don't concern yourself with progress when spending time with the Creator.

The Creator is a living being with whom you have a "get together" during meditation, and your friendship will be unlike any other in the universe. Lately I have been reading quite a few meditation articles online, and it surprises me how few of them make any mention of the Creator, or the intention of meditation. It usually focuses on the benefits you will gain...

Quote:“I am Ra, this is technique, this is not the heart. Let us examine the heart of evolution. Let us remember that we are all One. This is the great learning/teaching. In this unity lies love. This is a great learn/teaching; in this unity lies light. This is the fundamental teaching of all planes of existence and materialization—unity, love, light and joy. This is the heart of evolution of the spirit.

The second ranking lessons are learned/taught in meditation and service. At some point, the mind/body/spirit complex is so smoothly activated and balanced by these central thoughts or distortions that the techniques that you mentioned become quite significant. However, the universe, its mystery unbroken, is One. Always begin and end in the Creator, not in technique.
(05-16-2016, 02:06 PM)I am Shayne Wrote: [ -> ](If I'm getting too crazy, please let me know)
The themes of the densities and energy centers are as follows:

1. Awareness
2. Growth
3. Self-Awareness
4. Love
5. Wisdom
6. Unity (gateway to intelligent infinity)
7. Omniscience

I believe we can experience the macrocosm (In this case I mean an octave of consciousness/existence) within a microcosm (in this case, I mean our individual lives).
Restated: We can experience an octave within our life as we grow in consciousness.

An example using Ra's words from this thread:

3. "The mind must be known to itself"
4. "these understandings and disciplines have to do with the balance between love"
5. "and wisdom in the use of the body in its natural functions"
6. "the first two disciplines are connected through the attainment of contact with intelligent infinity."

This may be a "duh" for many of you, but what I'm implying here is that the physical may be just as important as the mental and spiritual. Mind body and spirit are perhaps fractals of eachother.

I believe what Ra means is that when an entity is in complete balance of each density of mind, body and spirit, healing will naturally occur.

I was just going back and reading my previous posts, and I tried to understand what the heck I meant by this post. After much thought, here is my clarification (not that it matters anymore haha) I believe the densities and chakras are similar, if not, one in the same. The theme of each density has much in common with the allignment of each energy center.