Bring4th

Full Version: Life direction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been musing lately after my 26th Birthday on what i want out of life. I have boiled it down to something fairly simple. I want to be happy and the greatest sense of happiness to me would be love. You could then say i am seeking happiness or better put love. To seek love within the very present experience. Why do i seek this love? Its because i believe it will satisfy and for-fill me.  The issue i have been having is finding that loving experience, i believe it is because i am not fully enjoying my current experience. I can practice gratitude, appreciation, service to others and ethical virtues as a means to help cultivate this sense of love but it some how falls short, perhaps i am not practicing sincerely enough to cultivate that experience or i have a blockage which stops the natural flow of compassion. It cannot be said that i am not compassionate but likewise it cannot be said that i am fully compassionate.

I think one of the main issues i currently face and probably what a lot of people face over most generations is finding a life path that one truly loves wholeheartedly. Does anyone really manage that? How many people can be said to have complete love for the job they do? Do people simply learn to view the daily experience differently and grow in acceptance? Is it a childish ambition to find a career or a life path that one truly loves? or does one become an adult when they accept the situation of life and learn to appreciate it wholeheartedly? I feel that both views hold some merit but i have a greater attachment to the idea of seeking a path that i truly love.

Do you have any experience to share? Have you found the love in the moment?
I think you're in a position where you want to serve, but you aren't actually able to do so.

For a positive entity (which I have no doubt that you are), the act of service dissolves the boundary points between the self and the other, so that it's like a seamless union.

A positive entity wants to be able to serve; not because of martrydom, but it brings them into true oneness with the other self.  

And that service can happen in a multitude of ways.
I'm the type who does not care what life path I am currently on I guess.
I believe that pure/infinite love is present at all times for us. I then trigger this great love on any moment that seems to feel separated from me/my desires, becoming the catalyst in this journey. Life becomes, much, much simpler.
I understand what you mean. It is hard sharing the best of you with someone you might consider being in relationship with if you don't have anything positive to say about your career path. Compassion and love of the present will get you halfway there but if you seem unfullfilled by your life and have no interests in what you do there is few chances to attract love. Maybe practice having faith in your path. Having faith that you have programmed yourself something with good intentions and it may help you see it.
(05-19-2016, 01:16 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been musing lately after my 26th Birthday on what i want out of life. I have boiled it down to something fairly simple. I want to be happy and the greatest sense of happiness to me would be love.

What kind of love are we talking about here? Romantic or "specialized love" or a more general sustained compassion/empathy/connection for and with others?

They can require very different qualities, yet both are still a yearning for unification in some form.
Meditate, and ask for guidance? I try to do that every day and I find more and more that I feel fulfilled by doing even the tiniest chores.

This is one of the reasons that working on the self first is important. You have to go within and find what is there before you know what you need outside of you to feel complete.
Quote:"�If you analyze spiritual questions, such as the purpose of your life, beyond a certain point you are attempting to build a stairway to heaven made of facts and inferences, logical deductions and analyses. Yet life bursts the bounds of logic and analysis. Life is mystery and often seems to descend into various chaoses. There are dark nights of the soul between the daylights of epiphany and transformation.

Only in moments of clarity that are gifts from spirit can one know beyond all telling that all is truly well."

I think this will sum it up.