Bring4th

Full Version: Spiritual Sayings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are sayings like this called?

"We are not a drop in the ocean. We are the entire ocean in a drop."

"We are not a human having a spiritual experience. We are a spiritual being have a human experience."

And where can I find or hear any more inspiring ones?
"What you seek is also seeking you."
(05-22-2016, 06:11 AM)im_not_me Wrote: [ -> ]"What you seek is also seeking you."

Kudos to the higher dimensional thinking.
Maybe you're looking more for spiritual paradoxes?
Bashar says that paradox is the point of power. So maybe.
Q'uo says paradoxes are "fruitful spiritual ground".

Quote:Q'uo: To the one known as S we would say that there is a harmonization to these two attitudes. Yet in order to see the harmony of these two approaches it is necessary to draw back the focus from the apparent opposition of seeing through the illusion and using the illusion. The spiritual world is a world of paradox and contradiction and when you see these paradoxes occur, you know that you are on fruitful spiritual ground.
One paradox is the harder I try, the more likely I am to fail. Meditation should be effortless.
Another paradox is that all is one.

Also my signature "Eternity is nothing to prepare for. It is happening."
“Knock, And He'll open the door
Vanish, And He'll make you shine like the sun
Fall, And He'll raise you to the heavens
Become nothing, And He'll turn you into everything.”

- Rumi
I believe you could just call it poetry with spiritual themes.
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakens." – Carl Jung
(05-22-2016, 06:11 AM)im_not_me Wrote: [ -> ]"What you seek is also seeking you."

Could someone dumb this down for me. lol I never really get this one.
I guess we're not just seeking the Creator, it's also yearning for us to connect. Kind of like the Prodigal Son.
(05-23-2016, 04:22 PM)YinYang Wrote: [ -> ]I guess we're not just seeking the Creator, it's also yearning for us to connect. Kind of like the Prodigal Son.

Oooooohh thank you.
I have a book of sayings like this, called Open Your Mind, Open Your Life: A Little Book of Eastern Wisdom. They call them 'guideposts' and some are proverbs.

"All that comes from the mind, is based on the mind; it is fashioned by the mind."- Shakyamuni